Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

True Norwich fans stand up - as at Old Trafford

It was good to see how well the city fans reacted today, despite disappointment they know the reality, and applauded positively for the effort. Unfortunately we were below par, almost as if a number of our players were in awe of the surroundings. ( which may well be the case given it would have been many of them first time playing there). But they kept trying without it coming off. The crowd were superb, we have a great club, all those armchair whingers, just go and support somebody else, there is a club not so far away who would suit you perfectly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wondered how long before go and support another club would be trotted out and the suggestion of the Scum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I wondered how long before go and support another club would be trotted out and the suggestion of the Scum.

I guess the alternative is that all those who have had enough of the current owners do something about it.....no?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I guess the alternative is that all those who have had enough of the current owners do something about it.....no?

I thought you would have been back on that other thread to correct what you posted....no ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

EA360E14-E676-4DB3-98A2-ABEF4F907890.jpeg

That is so yesterday FF, 11 years in fact and you of all people should know that in this day and age the internet is a safe haven to hide behind. I mean some people get all touchy about their identity being found out. Nowhere to hide back in those days.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I thought you would have been back on that other thread to correct what you posted....no ?

Nah, sounds like it involves getting in a squabble with you. I'll pass.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

That is so yesterday FF, 11 years in fact and you of all people should know that in this day and age the internet is a safe haven to hide behind. I mean some people get all touchy about their identity being found out. Nowhere to hide back in those days.

So you’re comparing a stock photo of St Andrews Hall with your weirdo mate searching my Facebook page and copying and pasting my photo ? Err ok 

Just now, hogesar said:

Nah, sounds like it involves getting in a squabble with you. I'll pass.

How ridiculous does that sound in the light of some of your posts ! That mirror you posted the other evening really needs your attention.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

It was good to see how well the city fans reacted today, despite disappointment they know the reality, and applauded positively for the effort. Unfortunately we were below par, almost as if a number of our players were in awe of the surroundings. ( which may well be the case given it would have been many of them first time playing there). But they kept trying without it coming off. The crowd were superb, we have a great club, all those armchair whingers, just go and support somebody else, there is a club not so far away who would suit you perfectly.

Yes I was there the support once again was tremendous. City were in fact pants and didn't deserve the support. They were awful against a very very poor United. It was like s training match to them.it was so easy. Shame on you city.

• Thanks 1

I didn’t go

I'm p1ssed off because we lost and we are going back down

I will not be going to support another club (thanks for the offer)

I couldn’t give a tuppenny toss about happy clappers or whiners, whingers. plastics, hard men, softies, bloggers, numpties, dogooders, whatabouters or any group of fans that d1ckheads want to invent . 

We aren’t good enough . It is very very simple . We hoped we would be but we are not . 

B0ll0cks to every damn thing tonight.

I reckon that deals with about 17 current threads . Good evening everyone x 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

So you’re comparing a stock photo of St Andrews Hall with your weirdo mate searching my Facebook page and copying and pasting my photo ? Err ok 

If you have a Facebook page and are upset with people looking you up the answer is simple...............alter the settings which a lot of people do who who not like their privacy invaded.

Oh by the way what was the  'stock photo'  copy and pasted for if not to provoke a response ?

Edited by TIL 1010

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How ridiculous does that sound in the light of some of your posts ! That mirror you posted the other evening really needs your attention.

😂😂😂

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you have a Facebook page and are upset with people looking you up the answer is simple...............alter the settings which a lot of people do who who not like their privacy invaded.

There’s something called a profile picture that you must be unaware of, plus most normal people don’t go to those extremes. The point is your weird mate still took up plenty of time to look me up and you’re saying it’s the same as me posting a stock photo of St Andrews Hall

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

There’s something called a profile picture that you must be unaware of, plus most normal people don’t go to those extremes. The point is your weird mate still took up plenty of time to look me up and you’re saying it’s the same as me posting a stock photo of St Andrews Hall

I just edited my last post so in case you missed it what was the thinking behind copy and pasting a ' stock photo ' of St Andrews Hall all about if not to provoke a response ?

As for waveney and your fixation with being found on there have you worked out how he knew your proper name or did he just get lucky trawling through a few hundred million members ?

Edited by TIL 1010

1 hour ago, Rhino1 said:

Superb? Not compared to most away games this season. From the first minute we lacked any real enthusiasm. Compared to Leicester, chalk and cheese. Even before United scored. 

13 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Superb? Not compared to most away games this season. From the first minute we lacked any real enthusiasm. Compared to Leicester, chalk and cheese. Even before United scored. 

We were 4 - 0 down the reaction was good and very supportive, easy to be really positive and vocal when you get a point (Leicester) or  a win (Everton) - today was a deeper kind of support, not driven by the performance or result 

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

All the weirdos still out FF? 

https://www.norwichtalk.com/threads/norwich-city-vs-man-utd-away-saturday-11th-january.2884/post-48936

2 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

We were 4 - 0 down the reaction was good and very supportive, easy to be really positive and vocal when you get a point (Leicester) or  a win (Everton) - today was a deeper kind of support, not driven by the performance or result 

From the first minute, there was an air of resignation. Just wasn't the same at the start of the other two games you mention. Pockets of fans singing, but not all as one. 

I'm not sure a deep kind of support was shown today. It smacked a little bit of happy clapping at the end, if I'm being honest. Most around me just wanted the game to end.

23 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear this does make you wonder why he spends his time on here with all the ' nut jobs ' and  ' weirdos ' . 😂😛

Perhaps hes on the other site now, given his non response. 

Mustn't like forums with a large number of posters!

49 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

From the first minute, there was an air of resignation. Just wasn't the same at the start of the other two games you mention. Pockets of fans singing, but not all as one. 

I'm not sure a deep kind of support was shown today. It smacked a little bit of happy clapping at the end, if I'm being honest. Most around me just wanted the game to end.

Life is full of perceptions - mine was very different to yours. Glass half empty vrs glass full I think. 

I must say I don't really get the OP too much.

When I was younger and lived in Norwich, I went to as many away games as possible. And I went because I wanted to. It was for me, Not the club, not the players, not the result. It was because I loved an away day watching NCFC.

So naturally, I never moaned, groaned, spat, booed, whinged, whined. I sang, along with others. I had to run a few times. But I was spending my time and money enjoying myself and I certainly wasn't going to spoil it by getting upset.

And I didn't consider myself anymore of a supporter than the poor sods with mortgages and kids who would have loved to be with me

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I must say I don't really get the OP too much.

When I was younger and lived in Norwich, I went to as many away games as possible. And I went because I wanted to. It was for me, Not the club, not the players, not the result. It was because I loved an away day watching NCFC.

So naturally, I never moaned, groaned, spat, booed, whinged, whined. I sang, along with others. I had to run a few times. But I was spending my time and money enjoying myself and I certainly wasn't going to spoil it by getting upset.

And I didn't consider myself anymore of a supporter than the poor sods with mortgages and kids who would have loved to be with me

Bob on KGD, we all support in our own ways. As long as you support that's all that matters. 

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I didn’t go

I'm p1ssed off because we lost and we are going back down

I will not be going to support another club (thanks for the offer)

I couldn’t give a tuppenny toss about happy clappers or whiners, whingers. plastics, hard men, softies, bloggers, numpties, dogooders, whatabouters or any group of fans that d1ckheads want to invent . 

We aren’t good enough . It is very very simple . We hoped we would be but we are not . 

B0ll0cks to every damn thing tonight.

I reckon that deals with about 17 current threads . Good evening everyone x 

Post of the Day!

I hear you brother!

OTBC

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Yes to that, although our team did keep giving us hope every so often even till the end (only to give the ball away every bloody time).

For me the truth is somewhere between you and Rhino. Our fans were decent enough at the start, but soon gave way to almost acting like a home crowd (almost!).

That made the “shall we sing a song for you”  and “sshh” etc. rather odd and stupid-seeming, given the Stretford End were actually constantly noisier than us for most of the game, props to them - it was no Emirates-style morgue. 

i got the impression a high proportion of our support yesterday were probably part-timers like me. 

Anyway, what I was seeing on the pitch felt a bit like a kick in the teeth and I didn’t feel much like singing much of the time. Bizarre how our players would build up a move only to just pass it randomly to the opponents. Or other times they wouldn’t bother with the promising move first, just passed themselves into trouble wherever they were starting, from including our own box.

Don’t know about others but it was almost like our best chances started coming when Krul started kicking it long, beating their high press and taking them by surprise.

Severely  lacked Pukki though on several occasions... poor Idah is unsurprisingly not Teemu and was unable to make our attacks count. Not blaming him though, he’s only young, first full PL start, was heavily marked and Pukki has honed his effective style over many years .

Edited by GenerationA47

Do you think that those of us who back in the day trekked to places like Stockport, Plymouth, Blackpool and Tranmere to watch realky sh*t Norwich teams under the likes of Worthy or Roeder are armchair fans who should go and support someone else? Nobody who is moaning about the owners holding us back is booing the team or blaming the players or indeed doesn’t deeply care about and support their club!

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh by the way what was the  'stock photo'  copy and pasted for if not to provoke a response ?

Or delete facebook. Quite simple really. Some people eh TIL 🤣👶