Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Time to go Delia

15 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Simple yes or no will suffice.

No it won't.

How's it going to happen? The question's meaningless unless you can propose a mechanism for it to happen (#Delexit?)

Just now, hogesar said:

So you guys aren't going to think for yourselves then? 😂

No we’ll leave it to Purple and Nuttys lapdog. Let me know when you come up with something...

1 minute ago, JF said:

No we’ll leave it to Purple and Nuttys lapdog. Let me know when you come up with something...

I don't want the owners out, so it's not really my problem 😊

39 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

But like you, you'll keep watching him, whereas Dortmund might recruit him. Doubt we could compete with them. And then we 're left with unambitious board, and no manager 

You write 'might', lots of stuff might happen. It might snow here today but it won't just like Farke won't be going to Dortmund whiie he has a contract here.

2 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

You write 'might', lots of stuff might happen. It might snow here today but it won't just like Farke won't be going to Dortmund whiie he has a contract here.

So if Dortmund do want him and approach they will happily appoint a temporary manager whilst Farke runs his contract down here? And all parties involved will be happy with that? Not a chance

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Have you replied to my wager jf? Cant see a yes or no.

No sorry I haven’t but yes I’ll happily do that so shall we say if he’s in charge or not for the first game of next season? I hope he is and I don’t think he will be going to another English club. Hopefully I’ll owe a tenner 

Have the same people been moaning about Delia for years? Yes.

Have they done anything about it? No.

Is Delia still here? Yes.

🙄

I’ve nothing against Delia and Michael, and in fact quite like the fact that we are owned by two pleasant and good fans.

However, with them as majority shareholders, we have to accept that we will never be anything more than a yo-yo club.

I don’t know about others, but I’d love to see us as a regular PL team. I don’t think that is an unrealistic expectation, as with everything in else in life I want NCFC to be the best, like all my other interests.

Edited by Hoola Han Solo

6 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

No, that's not what I implied. And you know that.

Not really. If he’s approached there’s only two ways he can leave, in contract or out of contract. You said he wouldn’t leave whilst in contract here 

6 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I’ve nothing against Delia and Michael, and in fact quite like the fact that we are owned by two pleasant and good fans.

However, with them as majority shareholders, we have to accept that we will never be anything more than a yo-yo club.

I don’t know about others, but I’d love to see us as a regular PL team. I don’t think that is an unrealistic expectation, as with everything in else in life I want NCFC to be the best, like all my other interests.

Exactly... and to those that say.. well what have you done about it... if the owners do not want to sell and they do not, then there is nothing you can do about .. as much as they were rightfully praised for last season this season is 100% their fault...again!

Edited by Kenny Foggo

12 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I'm not sure what you mean by regular - but if you mean a mainstay in the prem then no, I dont think that's realistic. We arent one of the top 8 clubs in the country. I dont think we would be with new owners either, but who knows.

20 minutes ago, JF said:

No sorry I haven’t but yes I’ll happily do that so shall we say if he’s in charge or not for the first game of next season? I hope he is and I don’t think he will be going to another English club. Hopefully I’ll owe a tenner 

Good Stuff jf, I will cough up if DF leaves before ko of whatever competitive game starts next season......can we include the charity shield or whatever they call it next season in this?  I would suggest we wont be playing in that as premier league winners but as we still in the FA cup it is possible , though as a realist I accept that its unlikely.👍

Edited by wcorkcanary

There are people out there looking to buy clubs. It’s been widely reported that Britain’s richest man Jim Ratcliffe wants to buy an English club. Red Bulls name has been lurking around for a while. Would they be interested in Norwich? Only one way to find out and that’s to approach them. From the outside the owners appear reluctant to do that 

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Good Stuff jf, I will cough up if DF leaves before ko of whatever competitive game starts next season......can we include the charity shield or whatever they call it next season in this?  I would suggest we wont be playing in that as premier league winners but as we still in the FA cup it is possible , though as a realist I accept that its unlikely.👍

Yeah no worries 

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm not sure what you mean by regular - but if you mean a mainstay in the prem then no, I dont think that's realistic. We arent one of the top 8 clubs in the country. I dont think we would be with new owners either, but who knows.

I’m not talking about us challenging for Europe, but a 5 or 6 year stay, even if it meant eventual relegation, would be nice.

The excitement of promotion is terrific, but the season after is proving to be so anticlimactic. I’m fed up with this season now tbh.

Whats the point of promotion if we are so poor the next?

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Exactly... and to those that say.. well what have you done about it... if the owners do not want to sell and they do not, then there is nothing you can do about .. as much as they were rightfully praised for last season this season is 100% their fault...again!

Thats the bit I dont get, why get all wound up about someting that is totally beyond your control? If they decide to sell, it will herald a new direction( maybe). Till then, why waste energy? 

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

From memory the AGM has from time to time approved the potential issuing of - I think - up to a million new shares. I imagine the rationale is that it avoids the bother having to go back to the existing shreholders for consent.

That total number of shares going to some newcomer would make them the owner, of course, although in that case I suspect the transaction would have to be approved at an EGM anyway. But it could be used as a money-making exercise that didn't change the ownership, if newcomers bought in but Smith and Jones used it to increase their holding as well.

So there's nothing stopping an investor putting money into the club by buying these shares.

12 minutes ago, JF said:

There are people out there looking to buy clubs. It’s been widely reported that Britain’s richest man Jim Ratcliffe wants to buy an English club. Red Bulls name has been lurking around for a while. Would they be interested in Norwich? Only one way to find out and that’s to approach them. From the outside the owners appear reluctant to do that 

I think unlikely she'd sell to either.

12 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I’m not talking about us challenging for Europe, but a 5 or 6 year stay, even if it meant eventual relegation, would be nice.

The excitement of promotion is terrific, but the season after is proving to be so anticlimactic. I’m fed up with this season now tbh.

Whats the point of promotion if we are so poor the next?

Indeed. I doubt anyone at the club expected this season to turn out as it has done so far. Our downfall has been to not take points off teams around us.

1 minute ago, Since 1980 said:

I think unlikely she'd sell to either.

They won’t sell to anyone. Nephew Tom is in line so it can be kept under control of their family. 

1 hour ago, Since 1980 said:

When has having a contract at a club ever stopped a player or manager leaving. It happens every window. We have a complacent Board. They have run this club well and say they have its best interests at heart. If Farke goes, they will stay and simply look to replace.

We the fans will then have to see whether the manager can take the team forward again, or we are left with several years of mediocrity. At the end of the day they don't care. NCFC is a business to them.  

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

When has having a contract at a club ever stopped a player or manager leaving. It happens every window. We have a complacent Board. They have run this club well and say they have its best interests at heart. If Farke goes, they will stay and simply look to replace.

We the fans will then have to see whether the manager can take the team forward again, or we are left with several years of mediocrity. At the end of the day they don't care. NCFC is a business to them.  

Farke won't be going, so stirring people into thinking he will is futile. I'm done here. Enjoy your day!

2 minutes ago, City fan said:

Selling the club would mean revealing the books. 

Not how to cook part 1 ? I tried her boiled egg method and it was rubbish.

16 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So there's nothing stopping an investor putting money into the club by buying these shares.

I can't find a relevant document but again from memory the consent that has been given by the AGM allows the directors to make some or all of these shares available to be bought if they see fit. Until that happens they are not for sale.

7 minutes ago, City fan said:

Selling the club would mean revealing the books. 

They're revealed every year. Or are you suggesting the club and accountants are being naughty?