Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Time to go Delia

15 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I do. Fancy a tenner To PuPs if you're wrong  , I'm game   . Decision day,  ko of First game next season or, if you are right,  before. 

Bump to jf

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No, most stuff happens without the media knowing.

We will agree to disagree on that then. It’s already been reported that Liverpool are tracking Buendia and Lewis. Arsenal and Lyon for Godfrey. Spurs, Arsenal, Dortmund and Leipzig for Aaron’s and as I said Dortmund are watching Farke. Not many big things go unmissed. small irrelevant stories then yes. 

1 minute ago, JF said:

We will agree to disagree on that then. It’s already been reported that Liverpool are tracking Buendia and Lewis. Arsenal and Lyon for Godfrey. Spurs, Arsenal, Dortmund and Leipzig for Aaron’s and as I said Dortmund are watching Farke. Not many big things go unmissed. small irrelevant stories then yes. 

Yes loads of stuff is reported everyday much of which doesn't happen.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Yes loads of stuff is reported everyday much of which doesn't happen.

Doesn’t mean it isn’t true though. There was plenty of gossip in the summer On here that Spurs wanted to sign Aaron’s in the summer window. Michael Bailey reported on the athletic that they made an offer that we rejected 

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Simple yes or no will suffice.

The only definition of Smith and Jones 'going' that makes sense as far as you are concerned is that someone with a great deal more money than they possess buys their shares or enough new ones to make it their train set.

You starting a vox pop thread does absolutely nothing to achieve your aim. It has been explained more than once - and in helpful detail - how you and your presumably thousands of like-minded others need to go about achieving that aim, and it requires action rather than yet another ego-massaging thread.

1 minute ago, JF said:

Doesn’t mean it isn’t true though. There was plenty of gossip in the summer On here that Spurs wanted to sign Aaron’s in the summer window. Michael Bailey reported on the athletic that they made an offer that we rejected 

Seriously, if neither side want the press to know they wont know. 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Seriously, if neither side want the press to know they wont know. 

Tell that to Harry and Meghan!

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The only definition of Smith and Jones 'going' that makes sense as far as you are concerned is that someone with a great deal more money than they possess buys their shares or enough new ones to make it their train set.

You starting a vox pop thread does absolutely nothing to achieve your aim. It has been explained more than once - and in helpful detail - how you and your presumably thousands of like-minded others need to go about achieving that aim, and it requires action rather than yet another ego-massaging thread.

We are /were a top flight football team with excellent support. The fans I believe deserve better and owners who sing from the same hymn sheet. This club will take £100M for finishing bottom and backed the best manager ever in  modern times in a derisory manner during the summer. 

So with respect I don’t care what you think about what I say. 

3 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I think you'll find that the good folk of Norfolk are making their feelings perfectly clear - by filling the ground every game.

If a few of you glory hunting whingers want to stop going I think you'll find plenty of others happy to take over your place, what's more they might even support the team which would be a bonus.

For 'Midlands Yellow' read 'Mediocracy Yellow'. Some of us have more ambition for our Club, are prepared to try and do something about it. However your the perfect punter as you'll seemingly put up with anything even if it means that the Club under this ownership may never have a fair crack at moving forwards. How simply pleased some people are.   

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So what are the scores on the doors. Do the nos have it?

You and Delia can sit through the board and count the 12 votes, make it an evening, like the AGMs, where all her friends come in and keep the peace 

9 hours ago, yellowfever said:

However your the perfect punter as you'll seemingly put up with anything even if it means that the Club under this ownership may never have a fair crack at moving forwards. How simply pleased some people are.   

Nice of you to call me perfect, can't remember the last time anyone did that, but since it's a part of you trotting out the same old, tired, superficial, unthinking nonsense I'm not going to get too excited about it.

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We are /were a top flight football team with excellent support. The fans I believe deserve better and owners who sing from the same hymn sheet. This club will take £100M for finishing bottom and backed the best manager ever in  modern times in a derisory manner during the summer. 

So with respect I don’t care what you think about what I say. 

You keep missing or avoiding the point. I am not objecting to what you say. I am pointing out that all you - and others - do is talk, when if you really feel strongly  about new ownership and if there really are thousands of Canary fans who feel the same then you need to act. I have even been kind enough to lay out a plan of campaign for you.

It would involve making a small monetary contribution but then I have lost count of the number of posts here over the years saying that the club should make a 'calcuated gamble" to get up to the PL or to stay up, so I am sure these posters would be perfectly happy to make a 'calculated gamble' with their own finances to get rid of Smith and Jones.

11 hours ago, JF said:

Just because they're reportedly being tracked doesn't necessarily translate into any of them moving. Like Dortmund I've been watching Farke too. 😉

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You keep missing or avoiding the point. I am not objecting to what you say. I am pointing out that all you - and others - do is talk, when if you really feel strongly  about new ownership and if there really are thousands of Canary fans who feel the same then you need to act. I have even been kind enough to lay out a plan of campaign for you.

It would involve making a small monetary contribution but then I have lost count of the number of posts here over the years saying that the club should make a 'calcuated gamble" to get up to the PL or to stay up, so I am sure these posters would be perfectly happy to make a 'calculated gamble' with their own finances to get rid of Smith and Jones.

My memory may be a bit cloudy on this issue but are there shares in the club available that are unallocated?  Is it possible for someone to buy a chunk of the clubs shares without someone else selling them?

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Brilliant 😁

5 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Just because they're reportedly being tracked doesn't necessarily translate into any of them moving. Like Dortmund I've been watching Farke too. 😉

But like you, you'll keep watching him, whereas Dortmund might recruit him. Doubt we could compete with them. And then we 're left with unambitious board, and no manager 

14 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Pointless dross of a post.

And that's exactly why the club will not move forward. A brain dead happy clapper. Delia must love it. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Ah yes I remember that fantastic idea. You suggested that people chipped in and took out an advert in a newspaper trying to sell the club? How exactly would that work, how can people advertise a club for sale which isn’t for sale and that they don’t own? I’ll tell you what, if you give me your address I’ll put your house up on rightmove shall I...

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

My memory may be a bit cloudy on this issue but are there shares in the club available that are unallocated?  Is it possible for someone to buy a chunk of the clubs shares without someone else selling them?

From memory the AGM has from time to time approved the potential issuing of - I think - up to a million new shares. I imagine the rationale is that it avoids the bother having to go back to the existing shreholders for consent.

That total number of shares going to some newcomer would make them the owner, of course, although in that case I suspect the transaction would have to be approved at an EGM anyway. But it could be used as a money-making exercise that didn't change the ownership, if newcomers bought in but Smith and Jones used it to increase their holding as well.

7 minutes ago, JF said:

Ah yes I remember that fantastic idea. You suggested that people chipped in and took out an advert in a newspaper trying to sell the club? How exactly would that work, how can people advertise a club for sale which isn’t for sale and that they don’t own? I’ll tell you what, if you give me your address I’ll put your house up on rightmove shall I...

Well, because if someone is interested in the club, they'll know they have some fan backing so if nasty mean Delia completely blanked any interest and didn't tell anyone about it, the interested party could simply go to the press knowing the fans would likely turn on current owners and if anything, result in them getting an even better deal.

Just now, hogesar said:

Well, because if someone is interested in the club, they'll know they have some fan backing so if nasty mean Delia completely blanked any interest and didn't tell anyone about it, the interested party could simply go to the press knowing the fans would likely turn on current owners and if anything, result in them getting an even better deal.

Or the newspaper would just laugh at the enquiry for the advert and not reply

32 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

When the supporters of Norwich have had enough the regime will change. No advert in any broadsheet is going to achieve that as you well know. 
Delia is still held in very high regard by the majority but these kind of things can change very quickly and let’s hope they do.

Just now, JF said:

Or the newspaper would just laugh at the enquiry for the advert and not reply

Does PurpleCanary have to think of everything for those who want rid of Delia, or could they come up with another way of getting the message out? There's plenty of avenues....

Just now, hogesar said:

Does PurpleCanary have to think of everything for those who want rid of Delia, or could they come up with another way of getting the message out? There's plenty of avenues....

So translated it was a **** idea that couldn’t ever work then...

1 minute ago, JF said:

So translated it was a **** idea that couldn’t ever work then...

So you guys aren't going to think for yourselves then? 😂