Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Time to go Delia

5 minutes ago, yellowfever said:

Taking your customers for granted is not a good business trait and i wonder how long before the good folk of Norfolk rise up and make their feelings none by reduced attendance. The emollience on this Message Board doesn't  chime with  the growing mood change in the stands. 

I think you'll find that the good folk of Norfolk are making their feelings perfectly clear - by filling the ground every game.

If a few of you glory hunting whingers want to stop going I think you'll find plenty of others happy to take over your place, what's more they might even support the team which would be a bonus.

• Like 1

No.

People, as we have found out properly over the last few years, always need someone to blame when things get tough. If it wasn't Delia getting the blame it would be the coach/manager getting chased out of the job every few months.

15 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I think you'll find that the good folk of Norfolk are making their feelings perfectly clear - by filling the ground every game.

If a few of you glory hunting whingers want to stop going I think you'll find plenty of others happy to take over your place, what's more they might even support the team which would be a bonus.

Some are easily, pleased I  would like my club to show some ambition and grab its opportunity. Relegation is never a good thing. If the current owners can't or won't invest  and they are truly motivated in wanting the best for the club, like all fans, they would actively engage the professionals needed to find a suitor who can progress the club. 

Edited by Chumino
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Never thought I’d see the day when someone accused Norwich fans of glory hunting! It is after all quite a glorious position we find ourselves in...

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

She’s under no obligation to go so of course but £8m is about the max she has put into the club to acquire her majority shareholding and they have said on a number of occasions they don’t expect to profit from ownership of the club. They actually, having said that nobody should again own a majority stake, acquired their majority stake slightly on the cheap via conversion of loans and underwriting the share issue because they never had to pay the sort of premium that one usually has to pay if buying a majority stake in a club off an owner. 

it is of course absolutely their prerogative to seek whatever the market dictates were they to sell but rather than handing it down to their penniless nephew, one course of action I would like to hope might be vaguely considered (given the public statements by the owners) is making the club available for a reduced/attractive price to the “right” buyer who is prepared to put money into the club. I believe Sir Jack Heywood did that with Wolves back in the day. 

I agree with a fair bit of that but even so:

Firstly, although the actual figures aren't really that important I don't think you can realistically say because she put in £8m a long time ago and at very high risk that even if she didn't expect to make a profit the exit price is still £8m. If you pumped £8m into a business on the brink of bankruptcy 20 years ago and have run it for 20 years to the point where it is financially stable and an attractive investment I think your accountant would be telling you to look at price of £20m-£30m before you even got into the realms of a 'real' profit, and even if she didn't expect to make a profit that doesn't mean to say that having made a profit she should just give it away to some chancer on the make.

Of course, the 'right' owner might be a bit different, or perhaps the supporters themselves. I believe there was quite a long spell during which she made it clear that she would sell if the 'right' owner came along but they didn't. Of course her judgement on what the right owner would look like might not suit some fans but IMO that's because some fans have very poor judgement and broadly Delia has tried to do the right thing. But I would certainly be very happy if the majority ownership issue were addressed by selling shares to a supporters trust or individual supporters as long as it was done in which a way as to ensure the recipients were real fans owning small blocks of shares and not allowing some chancer to build up a big stake by washing dirty money through our club.

36 minutes ago, Chumino said:

Some are easily, pleased I  would like my club to show some ambition and grab its opportunity. Relegation is never a good thing. If the current owners can't or won't invest  and they are truly motivated in wanting the best for the club, like all fans, they would actively engage the professionals needed to find a suitor who can progress the club. 

You just don't get it do you?

And presumably you haven't noticed the club progressing since the appointment of Webber and Farke either?

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

You just don't get it do you?

And presumably you haven't noticed the club progressing since the appointment of Webber and Farke either?

Oh I get it but I haven't noticed any ambition to maintain prem status under the current owners. 

Just now, Chumino said:

Oh I get it but I haven't noticed any ambition to maintain prem status under the current owners

No, you don't get it - the club has a strategy, a long term strategy, which has been pretty bloody successful so far.

But at the first bump in the road, which was widely predicted, you want them to dump that successful strategy and instead blow a huge pile of cash, which we don't have and probably wouldn't do any good anyway.

I surely don't have to mention Fulham or the many other clubs who've shown the 'ambition' that you want to see at Norwich now to illustrate how ridiculous statement that is.

I also wonder what it is about the mindnumbing dullness of Premiership football that makes you so keen to stay there but that's a completely different argument.....

• Like 1

We’ve had every available outfield played named in the squad today and have had to play a PL game with an inexperienced 18 year old as our only option. The level of backing that Farke has received this season has been an absolute insult to him. This season has shown that there really is no point in this club achieving PL status under these owners. Relegation doesn’t bother me but what does is that I can’t see the point in us returning to this league anymore. I honestly can’t see any reason why we couldn’t have been competing at the same level as Sheffield United have if we’d have given Farke the backing he deserved. I think you’d struggle to find any fan that believes Wilder is a better coach than Farke. Wilder just received the backing he deserved. Farke got thrown under the bus...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Total nonsense - Farke signed a new contract knowing exactly what the financial situation and the plan was.

Such a dumb point to make that it barely warrants a reply. Who’d have thought that when offered a new contract on significantly improved terms that someone would sign it...

2 minutes ago, JF said:

Such a dumb point to make that it barely warrants a reply. Who’d have thought that when offered a new contract on significantly improved terms that someone would sign it...

That's quite judgemental. Thing is none of us know if he could have signed a new contract elsewhere on considerable better terms than the considerable better terms offered here...

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's quite judgemental. Thing is none of us know if he could have signed a new contract elsewhere on considerable better terms than the considerable better terms offered here...

He wasn’t out of contract so I highly doubt it as I’m sure we’d have been made aware of another club making an approach for him. Those things never go unreported by the media

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not only that Nuttyo  but JF missed the point again.  Even the dogs on the street knew what we were up against this season, especially DF . He knew there'd be next to **** all money available.  Anyone with an ounce of foiry nous can see hes doing a good job with what he has . Hes still a relatively inexperienced young coach,  doing his career no harm at all being here, the opposite in fact. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not only that Nuttyo  but JF missed the point again.  Even the dogs on the street knew what we were up against this season, especially DF . He knew there'd be next to **** all money available.  Anyone with an ounce of foiry nous can see hes doing a good job with what he has . Hes still a relatively inexperienced young coach,  doing his career no harm at all being here, the opposite in fact. 

I’ve not missed any points thanks very much. I also agree he’s doing a great job and I don’t expect him to be here next season

Edited by JF

4 minutes ago, JF said:

He wasn’t out of contract so I highly doubt it as I’m sure we’d have been made aware of another club making an approach for him. Those things never go unreported by the media

Seriously? You wouldn't be aware just like none of us are aware of these things. 

2 minutes ago, JF said:

I’ve not missed any points thanks very much. I also agree he’s doing a great job and I don’t expect him to be here next season

I do. Fancy a tenner To PuPs if you're wrong  , I'm game   . Decision day,  ko of First game next season or, if you are right,  before. 

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Seriously? You wouldn't be aware just like none of us are aware of these things. 

Strange as we all new about Burnley’s interest in Lambert and then Villas interest. It’s also already been reported on the athletic that Dortmund are considering a move for Farke if or when the job becomes available. 

Just now, JF said:

Strange as we all new about Burnley’s interest in Lambert and then Villas interest. It’s also already been reported on the athletic that Dortmund are considering a move for Farke if or when the job becomes available. 

Yes but only because one of the parties involved wanted people to know.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

I do. Fancy a tenner To PuPs if you're wrong  , I'm game   . Decision day,  ko of First game next season or, if you are right,  before. 

Didn't realise you were that interested in the PUPs  wcorkio but i am sure Nutty would be delighted to have you on board every week on that thread.

20 minutes ago, JF said:

It might seem so to you because you ignored (or perhaps didn't understand) the salient points.

He knew exactly what he was signing up to with his new contract, which according to you was to be thrown under a bus.

I don't think Farke is that stupid whereas you on the other hand............

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes but only because one of the parties involved wanted people to know.

One of the parties always wants the media to know, it’s the way the game is played. If Norwich had been approached for Farke it’s highly likely that would have made it into the media

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

It might seem so to you because you ignored (or perhaps didn't understand) the salient points.

He knew exactly what he was signing up to with his new contract, which according to you was to be thrown under a bus.

I don't think Farke is that stupid whereas you on the other hand............

Bless

Just now, JF said:

One of the parties always wants the media to know, it’s the way the game is played. If Norwich had been approached for Farke it’s highly likely that would have made it into the media

No, most stuff happens without the media knowing.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Didn't realise you were that interested in the PUPs  wcorkio but i am sure Nutty would be delighted to have you on board every week on that thread.

Got no probs with the odd donation especially if I can win it from someone else. Never really looked at what pups is / does/ how it works  .Got a feeling I'd find it absorbing ,which might not be good for my marriage. As my missus reckons I spend enough time talking  to my "Pink Friends " as she refers to y'all.