Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

get wright, rasiak & a right winger in now.

with play offs disappearing over the horizon, we have one season of parachute money left. if the on/off deano saga is resolved this week and he goes, we must buy now and bed the players in - then start next season ready & running from the word go.get wright back on loan ''til season end with a view to buying - v. impressed by him. He knows what he''s doing and is the right back equivalent of drury - solid champ player, but just short of prem class.   colin has undoubted potential but  lacks experience.  mlj didn''t look the part 2 me one bit. if we can''t afford, then even give hughes a try at right back - that''s his preferred posi isn''t it?Watching rasiak on motd this a/m, and other occasions, he''s similar to crouch, tall and v.good on the ground, can hold the ball up and bring others into play - can tolerate hoofed balls upto him, will fit into worthy''s team easy. jerome has pace to burn and runs onto balls played into feet or over the top, will not appreciate hoofed balls and will find it hard to adapt, confidence will drain and goals will dry up.  at 3m plus, he''s a massive gamble.  he could be okay playing alongside a target man, but not by himself.hughes is an undoubted trier, but is not - repeat - not a right winger. we have no one at all who can play this role to the required standard, simple.  sedgwick of preston would do for me.

Spurs aren''t going to get rid of Rasiak until the end of the season. He''s playing now, and unless Egypt fall apart in the Afr Nations, Mido will be out for another month. Maybe worth a punt at the end of the season.

As for Jerome, I don''t want to see us paying silly money for him, 1 million at the most. He''s had a half good season, nothing more. Controversially, i''d rather see Akinbiyi back.

It seems that you need pace and strength to get out of this league these days