Sign in to follow this  
Chumino

Bounce straight back up?

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

People keep saying we will be stronger.. this team will have zero confidence and the selling of our better players will make it worse. 72% of teams relegated fail to bounce back.. I doubt we will and if we do what is the point when we will just get relegated again...

72% of teams relegated fail to bounce back at the first attempt. West Brom didn't bounce back at the first attempt last season, but look very well placed to do so at the second attempt this time around. We'll get two seasons of parachute payments if/when we go down this season. 

23 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

72% of teams relegated fail to bounce back at the first attempt. West Brom didn't bounce back at the first attempt last season, but look very well placed to do so at the second attempt this time around. We'll get two seasons of parachute payments if/when we go down this season. 

You think we will spend the money to have a squad as strong as WBA after a season in the championship? Ok.... 😃

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

You think we will spend the money to have a squad as strong as WBA after a season in the championship? Ok.... 😃

Last season we had a squad much stronger than newly relegated West Brom after we had just spent two seasons in the Championship - so I don't see why it couldn't happen again. 

On 11/01/2020 at 18:14, Chumino said:

Haha. Could work for all the sheep who suck it up and  support a bank balance. All I hear from neutrals or other clubs fans is nice football, good away day Norwich but you didn't invest what do you expect, you can't afford to be here. 

And they're right - we can't afford to be in the PL. But every other club can and yet two of them will come down with us.

On 12/01/2020 at 13:12, Canary Wundaboy said:

Other clubs try. We were celebrating getting through an FA Cup game for the first time in a DECADE last weekend.

No they don't!!! At least 12 of the PL start the season with the sole ambition of not getting relegated - all of those 12 field weakened teams in the cups and don't take them seriously until the QFs. How is that "competing"? What are they competing for? They just want to keep the money.

And why would the teams confidence be shot next year if we get relegated? Only if the players expected to be comfortable in mid table and then that didn’t pan out - like a Bournemouth. 

Farke has done a good job in setting expectation so as professionals I expect them to pick themselves up, and go back at it again. 

The other comment I have is do you see the Championship getting stronger, or has that trend reversed now that FFP has kicked in? 

16 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

And they're right - we can't afford to be in the PL. But every other club can and yet two of them will come down with us.

Yes, that would be 2 of several that we would have at least stood a chance of being above with 2 or 3 key PL standard players signed in readiness for the campaign. 

The acid test for our model is whether or not we can replace players sold with players of a similar calibre from our youth set up. 

If we don’t have them coming through then we can’t sell the young first team players that we have already developed. 

I can only see Idah cementing a first team place next year. Who else is close?