Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Still on a learning curve.....so get a grip....again

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Outplayed today, killed off by the softest penalty and the players looked to lose a bit of heart after that. Tried to play Farkeball, but couldn't get going and Utd just too good today - it wasn't a disgrace, it wasn't a disaster, just very disappoionting.

Best we get over it and move on, we still have plenty of games where we will play better. 

You literally say the same thing after every defeat. Does losing never hurt?

Everybody knows Lakey’s MO.

- Post an attention seeking, contrary thread after a defeat.

- Expect a bit of abuse (and loads of lovely attention)

- Self righteously and pompously respond to the “abusers”. This gives him the moral high ground and makes him feel good about himself.

He plays us all so well. An expert fisherman. A very clever troll.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Before the Man City game he was telling us that football is simply about winning and anyone not upset after a loss should not be supporting the club. Ever since he said we could finish 4th I think we’ve only won one game ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Outplayed today, killed off by the softest penalty and the players looked to lose a bit of heart after that. Tried to play Farkeball, but couldn't get going and Utd just too good today - it wasn't a disgrace, it wasn't a disaster, just very disappoionting.

Best we get over it and move on, we still have plenty of games where we will play better. 

Yes it hurts, so maybe the best thing to do is to accept it, look ahead to the next game and not let it get you too down.  Or you can do what some people do and wallow in it.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Before the Man City game he was telling us that football is simply about winning and anyone not upset after a loss should not be supporting the club. Ever since he said we could finish 4th I think we’ve only won one game ?

Being optimistic is a good thing, but only if there’s a basis or evidence for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes it hurts, so maybe the best thing to do is to accept it, look ahead to the next game and not let it get you too down.  Or you can do what some people do and wallow in it.

You said before the Man City game that it wouldn’t have been acceptable to you if we’d lost. 

Now you just accept all defeats and then tell others who are disappointed that they shouldn’t be (or “get a grip” in your case).

I’d love to get inside your head because you have a truly bizarre way of contradicting yourself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Being optimistic is a good thing, but only if there’s a basis or evidence for it.

Yep he told us we couldn’t just enjoy the season and see what happens. We were not allowed to admire some of the worlds best ( unless it was Maddison ).

Its strange I hoped we would do a bit better, but I am not out of love with the club or what we are doing. Last twice we went down I hated it but this time I feel we have moved the club on and there is a vision. Some will agree, some won’t but whatever I want to make my own mind up this year, not be told what I have to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

You said before the Man City game that it wouldn’t have been acceptable to you if we’d lost. 

Now you just accept all defeats and then tell others who are disappointed that they shouldn’t be (or “get a grip” in your case).

I’d love to get inside your head because you have a truly bizarre way of contradicting yourself.

Just try and accept that I don't think extremes are helpful.  There was a huge wave of negativity about our prospects against Man City - my posting about that was to redress the balance and try and get people to see they were being too negative and that we could win.....and we did.  And in saying it would be difficult to accept a loss against them, it was against a backdrop of everyone else saying it would be ok to lose that match, as if three points in one match is less important than three points in a different match.

Trolling it may seem like to some people, but I think to others - and I do get some support on here - most of the time I am addressing extremes that are simply way off beam.  Like the histrionics after today's poor result.  We lost, it hurt, it was difficult to watch it, but it hasn't changed anything - we simply have to move on and try and do better next time...and I suppose I find it difficult to understand why people go off on the deep end.

15 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Yep, and when he was chastising others for being too negative for predicting we'd be in a relegation battle he said he'd be disappointed if we were near the bottom, yet now we all need to get a grip.

• Thanks 1

LDC- Just try and accept that I don't think extremes are helpful

Also LDC- I predict we'll finish 4th!

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just try and accept that I don't think extremes are helpful.  There was a huge wave of negativity about our prospects against Man City - my posting about that was to redress the balance and try and get people to see they were being too negative and that we could win.....and we did.  And in saying it would be difficult to accept a loss against them, it was against a backdrop of everyone else saying it would be ok to lose that match, as if three points in one match is less important than three points in a different match.

Trolling it may seem like to some people, but I think to others - and I do get some support on here - most of the time I am addressing extremes that are simply way off beam.  Like the histrionics after today's poor result.  We lost, it hurt, it was difficult to watch it, but it hasn't changed anything - we simply have to move on and try and do better next time...and I suppose I find it difficult to understand why people go off on the deep end.

No you didn’t. The thread was about how we handled Sterling, something Byram did very well. You then came along and told us enjoying watching some of the best players in the world was negative. You then said losing was never an option and we should be upset whenever we lose even to Manchester City. Now you say we are not to get upset if we lose. Which is it - come straight so we know for next week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Everybody knows Lakey’s MO.

- Post an attention seeking, contrary thread after a defeat.

- Expect a bit of abuse (and loads of lovely attention)

- Self righteously and pompously respond to the “abusers”. This gives him the moral high ground and makes him feel good about himself.

He plays us all so well. An expert fisherman. A very clever troll.

Spot on.  Apart from the “plays us all so well” bit.  

Most of the time, you are providing an extreme that is way off beam. You are absolutely at one extreme of the dichotomy.

I've agreed with you a fair amount, because I'm largely positive, but I can also tell when you're just on a wind-up and desperately trying to accrue as much attention as possible.

For what it's worth, I agree that our performances in general have been much better since November, but we're still losing matches and we're still miles adrift at the bottom of the league. I think everyone except you has accepted relegation, with the caveat that if a miracle happens we'll all be elated.

If you are truly intent upon addressing extremes, I recommend that you start in the mirror before unleashing another one of your pound-shop armchair TED talks.

• Haha 1

Look on the bright side chaps, Leeds are entering their " they couldn't blow it again, could they? " phase of the season. 

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Lost a bit and of heart - it wasn’t there in the first place Lakey! I have no idea what NCFC learnt today, but one thing is for sure, we the supporters learnt that we are a very very poor side, devoid of ideas, other than going backwards. The times city gave the ball away so so cheaply was amazing, quite simply we are a team devoid off the quality required at this level. 

54 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Most of the time, you are providing an extreme that is way off beam. You are absolutely at one extreme of the dichotomy.

I've agreed with you a fair amount, because I'm largely positive, but I can also tell when you're just on a wind-up and desperately trying to accrue as much attention as possible.

I ALWAYS oppose extreme views - because I recognise the truth - that the extreme position is rarely - if ever - the reality of any situation and that the balance needs to be addressed.  Particularly, if people espouse super negative nonsense, I will espouse the opposite view to try and get people to think beyond their narrow viewpoints and see there is more to life than being negative, pessimistic and/or depressed when things look bad.  But I am not super positive either - I just recognise that great things are possible, even when things look bad. We live in a world where everything seems to be painted at one extreme or the other - and most of that is just wrong.

The extreme that there is no way on this earth that we could beat Man City.  The extreme that we are doomed to relegation, even though a win or two could put us back in the mix (yes I know it is unlikely).  The extreme view that we were as good as promoted about six weeks before the end of the season but was not certain right up to the last two weeks. The extreme view that we were heading for League 1 last season after five games.  All way off beam and nothing is certain until it happens.

I may be a lot of things, but a wind up merchant I am not - I may get carried away sometimes, but that is all. I was full of belief at the start of the season that anything was possible - ie we could get some momentum and challenge near the top of the league -  Injuries kyboshed that.  Sheffield Utd have done it - are they so much better than us?  I don't think so, they have stuck to mainly what they had last season too.

Really I don't really mind what people think of me, I never have - I used only to resent those that used abuse or tried to paint a false picture of me. But I've got to the point where I will say what I think and people can say or think what they like back, it's really up to them.

We are still learning as a club - the players, the coach, Webber - even fans - and many of us recognise the bigger picture. I probably see it as my role to counter those that can't - or won't - see the bigger picture and talk out of small mindedness, spite, jealousy, desire for unobtainable things, or who are just talking through their backsides (and yes I do that too, sometimes). 

The bottom line is we are not relegated, there are games where we will do better and today needs to be put behind us as soon as possible. Get over it and move on.

There, that's some red wine talking there, so you got the full TED. Goodnight.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I ALWAYS oppose extreme views - because I recognise the truth - that the extreme position is rarely - if ever - the reality of any situation and that the balance needs to be addressed.  Particularly, if people espouse super negative nonsense, I will espouse the opposite view to try and get people to think beyond their narrow viewpoints and see there is more to life than being negative, pessimistic and/or depressed when things look bad.  But I am not super positive either - I just recognise that great things are possible, even when things look bad. We live in a world where everything seems to be painted at one extreme or the other - and most of that is just wrong.

The extreme that there is no way on this earth that we could beat Man City.  The extreme that we are doomed to relegation, even though a win or two could put us back in the mix (yes I know it is unlikely).  The extreme view that we were as good as promoted about six weeks before the end of the season but was not certain right up to the last two weeks. The extreme view that we were heading for League 1 last season after five games.  All way off beam and nothing is certain until it happens.

I may be a lot of things, but a wind up merchant I am not - I may get carried away sometimes, but that is all. I was full of belief at the start of the season that anything was possible - ie we could get some momentum and challenge near the top of the league -  Injuries kyboshed that.  Sheffield Utd have done it - are they so much better than us?  I don't think so, they have stuck to mainly what they had last season too.

Really I don't really mind what people think of me, I never have - I used only to resent those that used abuse or tried to paint a false picture of me. But I've got to the point where I will say what I think and people can say or think what they like back, it's really up to them.

We are still learning as a club - the players, the coach, Webber - even fans - and many of us recognise the bigger picture. I probably see it as my role to counter those that can't - or won't - see the bigger picture and talk out of small mindedness, spite, jealousy, desire for unobtainable things, or who are just talking through their backsides (and yes I do that too, sometimes). 

The bottom line is we are not relegated, there are games where we will do better and today needs to be put behind us as soon as possible. Get over it and move on.

I did read the whole thing, despite my better judgement... but that bit in bold, just wow.

It's your (self-appointed) 'role' to counter people who talk out of their backsides, but you also talk out of your backside?

I love it when you do this, because it reminds anyone who was in danger of taking you seriously what you really are.

I'll also save everyone else a bit of time and put another couple of potted quotes here, to save them the teeth-pulling experience of having to read through that lot:

"I may be a lot of things, but a wind up merchant I am not" - DING!

"I recognise the truth" - DING!

"I try to get people to think beyond their narrow viewpoints" - DING!

"I am not super positive" - DING!

I'll let everyone else draw their own conclusions as to what you are, but I believe you to be an inveterate attention-seeker with a colossally inflated sense of self-importance.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I did read the whole thing, despite my better judgement... but that bit in bold, just wow.

It's your (self-appointed) 'role' to counter people who talk out of their backsides, but you also talk out of your backside?

I love it when you do this, because it reminds anyone who was in danger of taking you seriously what you really are.

I'll also save everyone else a bit of time and put another couple of potted quotes here, to save them the teeth-pulling experience of having to read through that lot:

I'll let everyone else draw their own conclusions as to what you are, but I believe you to be an inveterate attention-seeker with a colossally inflated sense of self-importance.

Even I don’t get that level of telling off. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You’re still feeding his ego, you know he’s trolling, fishing and getting the attention he craves......time to move on FTW.👍

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Simple version: he's not the messiah, he's a very boring manchild.

Just now, Indy said:

You’re still feeding his ego, you know he’s trolling, fishing and getting the attention he craves......time to move on FTW.👍

He is a very skilled troll, to be fair. 

• Like 1

You know we're in a bad place when half the posts are calling for the owners heads with no discernible plan of action and the other half are all LDC telling fans who've just spent £120 to watch their team put in a pretty poor performance how they should support the team. All whilst he sits in his armchair (presumably not a sofa as I'm guessing he doesnt get too many visitors).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s as good a spanking as the 49rs are handing out to the Vikings!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

It’s as good a spanking as the 49rs are handing out to the Vikings!

I think Tilly's gone to bed, so I'd better tell you that this should be in the NFL thread.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think Tilly's gone to bed, so I'd better tell you that this should be in the NFL thread.

True, I apologise! Shouldn’t derail LDC’s ego trip lecture.

Edited by Indy

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You know we're in a bad place when half the posts are calling for the owners heads with no discernible plan of action and the other half are all LDC telling fans who've just spent £120 to watch their team put in a pretty poor performance how they should support the team. All whilst he sits in his armchair (presumably not a sofa as I'm guessing he doesnt get too many visitors).

Yes but it's all preferable to watching VAR Of The Day. 

34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oh for ffs the is no bigger picture you dic k we will get relegated we will sell our best players and we may or may not get a promotion again in a few years if the fates allow and Lady Luck shines on us again.  When we go up we will still spend **** all and we will come down again.

grow up you ** there is no bigger picture, no master plan, no model which we are following that will eventually lead to premiership dominance.  Our owners are cheap, our club is cheap our ethos is cheap. 

our manager is not a messiah, our board are holding the club back and frankly so are armchair warriors and happy clappers who question nothing like you. 

losing always hurts if it doesn’t you don’t care enough, supporting your team costs time money and pain. I know if I don’t like it I don’t have to go. Well pi$$ off I’ll go every week and alway hurt when we lose, alway want more and always call for better that this $hite.

Edited by Hardhouse44

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Just try and accept that I don't think extremes are helpful.

Helpful to who/what? If someone wants to have a little anonymous rant behind a keyboard about what they’ve just spent the last 90 minutes watching, then so what? A few miserable posters on here, or a few overly jubilant ones, aren’t going to suddenly change our on-field fortunes and make Farke, Webber and all of our youngsters walk out tomorrow.