Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Still on a learning curve.....so get a grip....again

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I ALWAYS oppose extreme views - because I recognise the truth - that the extreme position is rarely - if ever - the reality of any situation and that the balance needs to be addressed.  Particularly, if people espouse super negative nonsense, I will espouse the opposite view to try and get people to think beyond their narrow viewpoints and see there is more to life than being negative, pessimistic and/or depressed when things look bad.  But I am not super positive either - I just recognise that great things are possible, even when things look bad. We live in a world where everything seems to be painted at one extreme or the other - and most of that is just wrong.

The extreme that there is no way on this earth that we could beat Man City.  The extreme that we are doomed to relegation, even though a win or two could put us back in the mix (yes I know it is unlikely).  The extreme view that we were as good as promoted about six weeks before the end of the season but was not certain right up to the last two weeks. The extreme view that we were heading for League 1 last season after five games.  All way off beam and nothing is certain until it happens.

I may be a lot of things, but a wind up merchant I am not - I may get carried away sometimes, but that is all. I was full of belief at the start of the season that anything was possible - ie we could get some momentum and challenge near the top of the league -  Injuries kyboshed that.  Sheffield Utd have done it - are they so much better than us?  I don't think so, they have stuck to mainly what they had last season too.

Really I don't really mind what people think of me, I never have - I used only to resent those that used abuse or tried to paint a false picture of me. But I've got to the point where I will say what I think and people can say or think what they like back, it's really up to them.

We are still learning as a club - the players, the coach, Webber - even fans - and many of us recognise the bigger picture. I probably see it as my role to counter those that can't - or won't - see the bigger picture and talk out of small mindedness, spite, jealousy, desire for unobtainable things, or who are just talking through their backsides (and yes I do that too, sometimes). 

The bottom line is we are not relegated, there are games where we will do better and today needs to be put behind us as soon as possible. Get over it and move on.

There, that's some red wine talking there, so you got the full YoTED. Goodnight.

You predicted we'd finish 3rd you 5uckin8 re-tar8.

Edited by CDMullins
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Aggy said:

Helpful to who/what? If someone wants to have a little anonymous rant behind a keyboard about what they’ve just spent the last 90 minutes watching, then so what? A few miserable posters on here, or a few overly jubilant ones, aren’t going to suddenly change our on-field fortunes and make Farke, Webber and all of our youngsters walk out tomorrow. 

There lies the issue. People think what they say on social media doesn't matter or doesn't affect things in some way.

I'm just about done with this board, it's just not worth the abuse. All I would say is that I get quite a lot of likes at my posts, as well as the obvious dislikes. There are even likes at this op. So I am no troll - that is just a cheap label. In the face of the questioning of my motives I have tried to explain them, but in some cases I might as well talk to a brick wall. I firmly believe we are good enough to get out of the relegation zone, that the next game offers an opportunity to start a run of matches we can get points from and I believe in the power of individuals to make a difference on and off the field. Every single one of us can help, whether it's the way we post on here or the way we talk in the pub or the way we support at matches. Negativity breeds negativity, which is not a good thing for a football club - and social media is a magnet for it. 

So there you have it, I stand by the op, the players are still learning how to deal with the PL, we have to accept days like yesterday and get over them quickly. The next game is all that ever matters. 

And to those who think abuse is the way to deal with things you don't understand - it doesn't look good, it doesn't do any good and it offers nothing. 

OTBC

14 hours ago, ricardo said:

It's not a learning curve, it's a dive back into the Championship.

Remember it’s the same as an investment . Curves can go down as well as up. 

Sadly this curve is a little more steep than we hoped . In fact not so much a curve , more a slope. 

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm just about done with this board

Lakey stop being so precious . You lecture folk , starting your own threads where you can easily join in on myriad others . You cannot be surprised when you tell people how to think that you will get a reaction. 

I suspect you need this board more than it needs you . As a consequence you aren’t going anywhere. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm just about done with this board, it's just not worth the abuse.

Christ, get over yourself. 

Are you complaining, because where everyone else leaves their opinions on the match thread - you think you deserve your own (sometimes multiple threads) where you tell others to "get a grip" in a patronising way and hence get a response? 

Its as regular as clockwork. We lose and within minutes there will be the weekly lecture thread from LDC. It’s almost as if the thread has been typed up in advance and he’s eagerly waiting to post. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

There lies the issue. People think what they say on social media doesn't matter or doesn't affect things in some way.

I'm just about done with this board, it's just not worth the abuse. All I would say is that I get quite a lot of likes at my posts, as well as the obvious dislikes. There are even likes at this op. So I am no troll - that is just a cheap label. In the face of the questioning of my motives I have tried to explain them, but in some cases I might as well talk to a brick wall. I firmly believe we are good enough to get out of the relegation zone, that the next game offers an opportunity to start a run of matches we can get points from and I believe in the power of individuals to make a difference on and off the field. Every single one of us can help, whether it's the way we post on here or the way we talk in the pub or the way we support at matches. Negativity breeds negativity, which is not a good thing for a football club - and social media is a magnet for it. 

So there you have it, I stand by the op, the players are still learning how to deal with the PL, we have to accept days like yesterday and get over them quickly. The next game is all that ever matters. 

And to those who think abuse is the way to deal with things you don't understand - it doesn't look good, it doesn't do any good and it offers nothing. 

OTBC

Nothing anybody writes on this thread has ANY effect on how the Norwich City players perform on the pitch.

This thread, and the numerous before it, are just a platform for you to self-appoint yourself as a quasi spokesman to get yourself a bit of attention and feed your ego.

You absolutely get off on lecturing and patronising others while self-righteously taking the moral high ground.

Let’s be honest, you love the drama and attention it gets you.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

OTBC

I didn’t give you any “abuse”. You’ve given a four paragraph response without actually answering my question. How does what is said on this message board affect the clubs fortunes in any way? 

17 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Outplayed today, killed off by the softest penalty and the players looked to lose a bit of heart after that. Tried to play Farkeball, but couldn't get going and Utd just too good today - it wasn't a disgrace, it wasn't a disaster, just very disappoionting.

Best we get over it and move on, we still have plenty of games where we will play better. 

Most one sided game I have had the misfortune to survey in a long long time.. it was like watching under 17's playing against a full men's side. You keep saying we will get better but its not happening. We are going down because our squad is pathetically thin (you want to play with 3 centre backs yet you start the season with only 2 fit!!!) and our recruitment in the summer was woefully. If you are a City fan this is really painfully and its really hard to "move on". We need a new professional approach with owners able to organise a decent level of cash flow otherwise lets just turn up in the championship ( or lower) every week and not bother about competing. Does nothing for the City this ..

Is it the fans fault again? Bloody fans eh... from what I see Lakey, you get no abuse just forthright replies to the same post you put out after every loss (admittedly a lot this season). Anyway top 26 is still on....  

Question is when do these learning curves stop and we actually learn. Learning curve is just another excuse for don’t expect to much. 

For LDC see Delia, her husband, Webber and just about anybody else who holds us back.  A yes I included Webber in that!

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I'm just about done with this board

Keep up the good work guys, nearly there!

• Haha 1