Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Still on a learning curve.....so get a grip....again

Outplayed today, killed off by the softest penalty and the players looked to lose a bit of heart after that. Tried to play Farkeball, but couldn't get going and Utd just too good today - it wasn't a disgrace, it wasn't a disaster, just very disappoionting.

Best we get over it and move on, we still have plenty of games where we will play better. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Outplayed today, killed off by the softest penalty and the players looked to lose a bit of heart after that. Tried to play Farkeball, but couldn't get going and Utd just too good today - it wasn't a disgrace, it wasn't a disaster, just very disappoionting.

Best we get over it and move on, we still have plenty of games where we will play better. 

Still going to win 9 more games Lakey?

Wasn’t good today and not sure but I think we’ve only picked up 1 point since Hanley returned to the back four. Certainly not helped our defence since Godfrey got injured, think we might have picked up a few more points had he not got injured.

But that’s us down as all those directly above us are now 7 points ahead with a game in hand.

You "get a grip" you attention seeking narcissistic preaching old c*nt.

Why does this need a thread, why is it that everybody else can happily share their opinion on the match thread? Is it because you're a self-righteous pompous pr!ck? Yes, I think that's the reason.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why does this need a thread, why is it that everybody else can happily share their opinion on the match thread? Is it because you're a self-righteous pompous pr!ck? Yes, I think that's the reason.

Are you a tad angry tonight Teemu? 😂👍

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You say this every time. 'We will get better', 'we will improve', 'we will start to win games'.

What do you keep basing this on? A lot of people were at least clutching at the 'when we get two centre backs fit' straw, but even that has been proven to be nothing more than false hope.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There will be a few more along in a while when they can muster a positive response.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He’s best ignored. He’s as big a troll as jobsworth canary 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Best we get over it and move on, we still have plenty of games where we will play better.........

............and still lose.

Nice bit of abuse, lashing out, anger, but no need for it.  I'm as disappointed at the performance as anyone, it was a hard watch, but it's supposed to be a sport.

Any anger I feel is towards the decision makers - for me the penalty awarded to Utd was so soft, Krul stopped his dive towards the attacker, who just adjusted his movement so he went into the goalie.  You see these all the time and they are given as "stone wall penalties" but they are just cheating behaviours by attackers.

Whatever, we were outplayed, so can have no complaints - we lost to the better side.  The sooner we get over it the better - unless you are one of those who enjoys wallowing in defeats, then go on, fill your boots.  It was depressing enough to watch today....but we will do better in weeks to come and will do probably in the next game....so my challenge is, go on, get a grip and get over it!

Edited by lake district canary

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

The sooner we get over it the better - unless you are one of those who enjoys wallowing in defeats, then go on, fill your boots. 

The game finished less than an hour ago for ****s sake, people are discussing the performance not wallowing you moron.

12 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You say this every time. 'We will get better', 'we will improve', 'we will start to win games'.

What do you keep basing this on? A lot of people were at least clutching at the 'when we get two centre backs fit' straw, but even that has been proven to be nothing more than false hope.

I actually think that we have been getting better. There was good run of games before this one in which we had greatly improved from start of the season. Not looking like dads vs boys matches anymore, but having good flowing game. Unfortunately we didn't manage to kill those games and had bad spells in the end (maybe getting tired).

This game was a bad one for sure, but these also happen sometimes. Hard to say why everything was bit hard today, should've maybe had stronger midfield pair for Tettey and we did miss Pukki leading the pressure to give us more chances to intercept the attacks higher on the pitch.

But in any case, if we count out this game, clearly we have improved a lot during the season already.

1 minute ago, hepphep said:

I actually think that we have been getting better. There was good run of games before this one in which we had greatly improved from start of the season. Not looking like dads vs boys matches anymore, but having good flowing game. Unfortunately we didn't manage to kill those games and had bad spells in the end (maybe getting tired).

This game was a bad one for sure, but these also happen sometimes. Hard to say why everything was bit hard today, should've maybe had stronger midfield pair for Tettey and we did miss Pukki leading the pressure to give us more chances to intercept the attacks higher on the pitch.

But in any case, if we count out this game, clearly we have improved a lot during the season already.

We haven't won since November. We may have played well in short bursts in most games since then, but the fact that we've also had poor spells in every one of them is why we're now nine without a win and we have one win in 17.

If this is getting better, then I'd hate to see us getting worse.

Wow Lakey, top trolling my friend, lots of people biting tonight! 

But sensible people who accepted relegation five games ago can discuss this without getting too excited either way! Keep fishing Nephew Tom, you might hook a few more!

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Nice bit of abuse, lashing out, anger, but no need for it.  I'm as disappointed at the performance as anyone, it was a hard watch, but it's supposed to be a sport.

Any anger I feel is towards the decision makers - for me the penalty awarded to Utd was so soft, Krul stopped his dive towards the attacker, who just adjusted his movement so he went into the goalie.  You see these all the time and they are given as "stone wall penalties" but they are just cheating behaviours by attackers.

Whatever, we were outplayed, so can have no complaints - we lost to the better side.  The sooner we get over it the better - unless you are one of those who enjoys wallowing in defeats, then go on, fill your boots.  It was depressing enough to watch today....but we will do better in weeks to come and will do probably in the next game....so my challenge is, go on, get a grip and get over it!

That's great, now tell me why you feel too special to participate in the match thread discussion after the game, like everybody else.

Is it, or is it not, because you are an attention seeking narcissistic pr!ck?

• Like 1

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

We haven't won since November. We may have played well in short bursts in most games since then, but the fact that we've also had poor spells in every one of them is why we're now nine without a win and we have one win in 17.

If this is getting better, then I'd hate to see us getting worse.

If you compare the early games this season (even though we got some points then), do you honestly think that we are not playing better and more competitive football now? Early in the season it was only Krul & Pukki to keep us in games. We were bullied out of the pitch from most of the time, losing most balls and not really being able to build up anything.

If Pukki would not have had his toe injury and been in full shape during the last games, we would likely have pile of more points from those. Or if we would've had another striker of any caliber available to replace him for that period.

If you for example think Buendia in his first 10 games in PL or Cantwell, and compare what kind of shifts they have done recently, it is really hard for me to see that anyone could honestly tell that we have not improved both in individual level and as a team.

It is true that it is not enough yet, and there are many in squad who should take major individual step of improvement to be competitive in this level. But improvement is there. I admit that it is not enough to avoid the relegation (we should've won couple of those matches where we had really good first halves lately). But comparing those early games, and how we have now been able to play good spells of Farkeball again, the change is dramatic to positive way.

40 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Agree, but Delia really has got to go mate........

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could you elaborate a little Lakey why you think we may improve. I think now we’ve all calmed down a bit we need to listen to Lakey. 

He doesn't need to elaborate

2 minutes ago, hepphep said:

If you compare the early games this season (even though we got some points then), do you honestly think that we are not playing better and more competitive football now? Early in the season it was only Krul & Pukki to keep us in games. We were bullied out of the pitch from most of the time, losing most balls and not really being able to build up anything.

If Pukki would not have had his toe injury and been in full shape during the last games, we would likely have pile of more points from those. Or if we would've had another striker of any caliber available to replace him for that period.

If you for example think Buendia in his first 10 games in PL or Cantwell, and compare what kind of shifts they have done recently, it is really hard for me to see that anyone could honestly tell that we have not improved both in individual level and as a team.

It is true that it is not enough yet, and there are many in squad who should take major individual step of improvement to be competitive in this level. But improvement is there. I admit that it is not enough to avoid the relegation (we should've won couple of those matches where we had really good first halves lately). But comparing those early games, and how we have now been able to play good spells of Farkeball again, the change is dramatic to positive way.

Personally, I think our two best performances over 90 minutes were in our first five games (Newcastle and Man City). We ground out a great win against Everton, we were brilliant for 45 minutes at home to Wolves and we've had other good spells, but over a whole match I think our best two showings were Newcastle and Man City.

We then had a huge lull from mid-September to mid-November and performances have improved since then, but ultimately we aren't winning games and that's because we aren't playing well for 90 minutes.

As a result, I'm not convinced we are improving and, whilst I'd love to be proven wrong, I'm not convinced we will between now and May.

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's great, now tell me why you feel too special to participate in the match thread discussion after the game, like everybody else.   Is it, or is it not, because you are an attention seeking narcissistic pr!ck?

Maybe, whatever you want to think, but more probably it's because I saw so much over the top over reaction on there it merited someone just saying woah there. And after all this is a discussion board, not a vehicle for people just putting their own opinions on and expecting everyone to agree with them.  I don't expect people to agree with me, some will some won't. Some do agree with me as shown by the likes at the original post, so it would seem the abuse was misplaced and unecessary as well as unpleasant.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could you elaborate a little Lakey why you think we may improve. I think now we’ve all calmed down a bit we need to listen to Lakey. 

The clown is only on here for a bit of attention, the less he talks, the better

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could you elaborate a little Lakey why you think we may improve. 

Presumably he means the results will improve when we’re back in the championship next season

Sheer audacity of someone who doesnt go, telling people who do go, to get a grip.

What a very sad little man you are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Oh please just go away 

• Like 1

This learning curve we are on Lakey that is in the thread title has mustered 1 win in 17 games so when exactly will this translate into an acceptable number of points ?