Jobsworth Canary

Delia simply never ever learns

3 hours ago, Highland Canary said:

Farke is a managerial genius. The failure at Old Trafford is simply down to an unwillingness to invest in the playing squad. That decision sits squarely with the board. But at least we have a massive pile of broadcasting cash.

No, we don't - the accounts are in the public domain.

It's not difficult to get really basic facts like this right yet still people prefer to just make up whatever suits their preconceptions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I don't know how many years you've followed City but there's been far, far worse displays than the one we saw yesterday.

Agree that Cantwell looked OK but surely Buendia was easily our MOTM ?

asms: it was 57 years to the near day that I last attended old trafford. On that day no one gave city a chance, absolutely no hope against the likes of Charlton, Best and Law! Every city player gave his all, with heart, passion and pride in a 2-1 win! Alas my visit on Saturday saw absolutely none of that, apart from Cantwell, who was mom for me. Buendia was nothing but a Norfolk windmill, constantly moaning and throwing his arms about. Mom he was not.

Yes there has been far far worse displays, but I have never seen a city team beaten before KO who played without heart, passion and pride. They were awful and I have serious misgivings on the now and the future. 

On 11/01/2020 at 20:41, Chumino said:

Be good at least to have a serious concerted effort in trying to find a suitor surely, they don't just have to give us money do they, its business. It can make them a handsome return done well. 

So how are these new investors going to make 'a handsome return?' One way to do it would be by selling our best young players - but you're dead against that. 

Or they could get the club into a situation where the incomings are greater than the outgoings - but then you'd presumably be complaining that they're not investing the available money in the team as you seem to be at the moment.

Say what you like about Delia and MWJ, but nobody but the most swivel eyed head banger thinks that they're actually taking money out of the club. 

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

So how are these new investors going to make 'a handsome return?' One way to do it would be by selling our best young players - but you're dead against that. 

Or they could get the club into a situation where the incomings are greater than the outgoings - but then you'd presumably be complaining that they're not investing the available money in the team as you seem to be at the moment.

Say what you like about Delia and MWJ, but nobody but the most swivel eyed head banger thinks that they're actually taking money out of the club. 

Oh please, there's a balance, one we haven't got at the moment. 

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

asms: it was 57 years to the near day that I last attended old trafford. On that day no one gave city a chance, absolutely no hope against the likes of Charlton, Best and Law! Every city player gave his all, with heart, passion and pride in a 2-1 win! Alas my visit on Saturday saw absolutely none of that, apart from Cantwell, who was mom for me. Buendia was nothing but a Norfolk windmill, constantly moaning and throwing his arms about. Mom he was not.

Yes there has been far far worse displays, but I have never seen a city team beaten before KO who played without heart, passion and pride. They were awful and I have serious misgivings on the now and the future. 

It’s all a matter of opinion. No one’s right and no one’s wrong but we’ve certainly produced some horror shows over the years as a couple of posters have reminded us.

Certainly been some years since you’ve been to Old Trafford. Hope it’s not another 53 years until you see another win 😀

On 11/01/2020 at 20:41, Chumino said:

Be good at least to have a serious concerted effort in trying to find a suitor surely, they don't just have to give us money do they, its business. It can make them a handsome return done well. 

So how many clubs can you think of where it is being 'done well' and the owners are making a 'handsome return'?

Then if you come up with any, knock out the ones which are not actually making handsome returns but are still providing an extremely valuable financial service to their foreign owners by providing a channel for large piles of cash (of let's say uncertain origin) to get into the security of the western financial system.

Then compare that with the very long list of 'wealthy' suitors who have either simply asset stripped other clubs or actually ploughed money into other clubs unwisely and left them again in chaos/administration.

3 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

So how many clubs can you think of where it is being 'done well' and the owners are making a 'handsome return'?

Then if you come up with any, knock out the ones which are not actually making handsome returns but are still providing an extremely valuable financial service to their foreign owners by providing a channel for large piles of cash (of let's say uncertain origin) to get into the security of the western financial system.

Then compare that with the very long list of 'wealthy' suitors who have either simply asset stripped other clubs or actually ploughed money into other clubs unwisely and left them again in chaos/administration.

Yep there are no good billionaire owners out there with ethics and no clubs that make money. Delia is the best we could possibly have. 

1 minute ago, Chumino said:

Yep there are no good billionaire owners out there with ethics and no clubs that make money. Delia is the best we could possibly have. 

So you can't think of any then.

And I didn't say there are no clubs make money - a few though not many do. But making a bit of profit on the back of a multi-million investment is not the 'handsome returns' that you were banging on about and is not what would attract the 'wealthy suitors' that you were also banging on about.

There have been a few wealthyish people who've got involved with the club they support and have had a generally positive effect, Delia, Jack Walker at Blackburn and Steve Gibson at Middlesborough are the examples that spring immediately to mind (and I'm sure there are a few others) but none of them were in the super wealthy league of foreign billionaires that nowadays 'invest' in Premiership and indeeed Championship clubs.

But these guys have no real interest in the clubs themselves and certainly not in clubs' supporters - for a whole bundle of reasons UK football clubs are a very useful financial vehicle for wealthy overseas investors. You may find that attractive, personally I would run a mile from that kind of investor, well walk nowadays but it would be to watch a local lower division team because NCFC would no longer be the club I've supported all my life.

On 11/01/2020 at 17:05, Jobsworth Canary said:

This is by far and away our worst ever season in the premier league 

did she not learn anything from the previous campaigns?

we are going backwards as a club not forwards 

when are we going to be rid of her and get a competent owner in ? 

Does she want to learn? She is going to rake in a lot of money from player sales at the end of the season, so the self-funding business plan is working perfectly from her point of view.

4 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

So you can't think of any then.

And I didn't say there are no clubs make money - a few though not many do. But making a bit of profit on the back of a multi-million investment is not the 'handsome returns' that you were banging on about and is not what would attract the 'wealthy suitors' that you were also banging on about.

There have been a few wealthyish people who've got involved with the club they support and have had a generally positive effect, Delia, Jack Walker at Blackburn and Steve Gibson at Middlesborough are the examples that spring immediately to mind (and I'm sure there are a few others) but none of them were in the super wealthy league of foreign billionaires that nowadays 'invest' in Premiership and indeeed Championship clubs.

But these guys have no real interest in the clubs themselves and certainly not in clubs' supporters - for a whole bundle of reasons UK football clubs are a very useful financial vehicle for wealthy overseas investors. You may find that attractive, personally I would run a mile from that kind of investor, well walk nowadays but it would be to watch a local lower division team because NCFC would no longer be the club I've supported all my life.

Nah just cba with you. You can spend time going through clubs declared accounts, plenty making millions of profit or is that not enough in your opinion? Then you can disect the owners money trail and see if you approve. Glad for you that you feel cared for by Delia.