Jobsworth Canary

Delia simply never ever learns

This is by far and away our worst ever season in the premier league 

did she not learn anything from the previous campaigns?

we are going backwards as a club not forwards 

when are we going to be rid of her and get a competent owner in ? 

• Like 5

While the happy clappers keep filling the ground and season ticket sales are high Delia won't give a ****e.

She must sit back and laugh her socks off every week. Not believing she is still getting away with it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Has approximately 1/20th of the personal wealth of the 19th richest owner in the Premier League, let's not kid ourselves that the self funding model some have swallowed as good for the club is in place for any other reason than as a mechanism for her to remain owner of the club. 

When this lack of investment causes relegation likely leading to 4 outstanding young players to be sold rather than become the future of the club, you cant claim any longer that it's in the best interests of the club for them to remain owners.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, City fan said:

While the happy clappers keep filling the ground and season ticket sales are high Delia won't give a ****e.

She must sit back and laugh her socks off every week. Not believing she is still getting away with it. 

Don’t go then, sit in St Andrews Hall and whinge instead. The club doesn’t need negative nut jobs anyway

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What would a ‘competent owner’ look like please? 

Ellis Short? Randy Lerner? 

And what would they do? Is it about putting more personal wealth into the club or taking more risks with the clubs money? Or appointing a different CEO/Sporting Director?

As mentioned on another thread I went to see the film 1917 today and there is a gruesome scene where one of the main protagonists puts his hand in the stomach of a a rotten corpse. I feel the same as he did after clicking on this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t go then, sit in St Andrews Hall and whinge instead. The club doesn’t need negative nut jobs anyway

What does this club need ? Be honest though.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What does this club need ? Be honest though.

What they the club may need and what it has are two different things. I could say I need a Mercedes but I’m not going to put myself in financial difficulties getting one. Sometimes you have to accept where you are and enjoy a classic mg instead

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

The sherry and slushing at her lovely club taste the same in the championship, She is happy her plan is working. 

• Like 1

The joy is in winning the Championship which is a much better format than the EPL. 

The EPL is dire overall for most sides with sparse games at irregular times. And with VAR it is even less enjoyable for supporters. 

It is just about the money which you can spoon out to players and agents or invest in the estate of your Club. 

It's tough this season but imagine being a fan of Leeds, Forest, Sheff Wed etc etc. 

If Delia was that happy with the championship then she would put less money in and we would finish mid table for 16 consecutive seasons 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

What they the club may need and what it has are two different things. I could say I need a Mercedes but I’m not going to put myself in financial difficulties getting one. Sometimes you have to accept where you are and enjoy a classic mg instead

Little old Norwich. Let's just accept what we've got, enjoy our day out at Old Trafford and back down to where we deserve to be next season.

Nah mate, some of us think with the right backing the club has much more potential than that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The simple fact is that Delia does not have the neccessary wealth to be "the major shareholder" of a club in the PL.

It's not a crime, it's not her fault, it's just the way it is.

We have now tried both ways of surviving and neither chucking money at it, albeit insufficient money chucked at the wrong players, or chucking absolutely no money at it, has worked.

You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear and you can't make an omlette without breaking eggs.

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

True but if you live 40 miles away and need a car to get to work then you don’t invest in a bicycle..

Edited by JF

4 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

Little old Norwich. Let's just accept what we've got, enjoy our day out at Old Trafford and back down to where we deserve to be next season.

Nah mate, some of us think with the right backing the club has much more potential than that.

Where is that backing coming from ? It’s nothing to do with little old Norwich at all

2 minutes ago, JF said:

True but if you live 40 miles away and need a car to get to work then you don’t invest in a bicycle..

True, can you catch the bus ?  😉

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If Delia was that happy with the championship then she would put less money in and we would finish mid table for 16 consecutive seasons 

Less money in????? Must have missed her investments into the club then! And before you saying, her initial investments have been repaid at a point in time that was detrimental to the club as stated by the CEO of the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

True, can you catch the bus ?  😉

No you’ve tried catching the bus but what looked like a promising option turned into money down the drain and it never took you anywhere near where you wanted to be. Should have just bit the bullet and got that car to begin with! 

Holy carp, is this our lot tonight - two mental threads with negative garbage idiocy on here and a stupidly positive thread from LDC?

Where is the thread for ‘balanced’ people? 

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Where is that backing coming from ? It’s nothing to do with little old Norwich at all

Radio Norfolk interviewed a chap from Malta, over to see NCFC, been supporting us for years but does not remember why (all his family are Liverpool fans), surely there must be a filthy rich Chinese (or any or any other nationality for that matter) person out there who has a soft spot for us. Delia has taken as far as she can with her relatively meagre net worth, I personally do not believe the self sustaining model will work in the Premier League, time for a change of ownership?..........

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

The money is on the way.

43 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Sigh 😢 if only we were Ipsh*te ..............rich owner,top-draw manager,world-class stadium/faciliities and a team that oozes class/ability  etc etc 😤

Edited by C.I.D

Just now, Since 1980 said:

The money is on the way.

You keep saying thIs and then offer no reasoning. 

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Holy carp, is this our lot tonight - two mental threads with negative garbage idiocy on here and a stupidly positive thread from LDC?

Where is the thread for ‘balanced’ people? 

A sensible debate has broken out on the Match Thread.😮