Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Match thread v Man Utd.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

I agree. I think knew this season was a major uphill battle and would have little in terms of funding. But we have a great coach, yet if we lose him, we are royally f*cked. How long will he stay around?

You have to assume/hope that Webber can pick another good one. On top of that, the coach is only one part of the club. The academy, the scouts and the rest won’t change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I think I might take your advice. Mind you, with three minutes left I’ll have to drink quickly.

Can or 2 of beer with the stream is highly recommended!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Whats so frustrating is every time we get promotion, we go up with no lessons learnt and no backing.

So one questions why have any ambition at all?

The lesson we have learnt is that all players over 5m are instantly Steven Naismith

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BarcelonaCanary said:

It must be so easy planning to play against Norwich as an oppo manager. Strikers must think its Christmas again playing against Hanley in the Premier League.

Definitely not going to stay up with these tactics and lack of quality. Reliant on one striker in the squad and have the likes of Hanley and Tettey in the team who are championship level at best. I do worry that although we will make £100m in transfers Farke lacks the tactics to shut up shop and concede less than we score. I think we need an experienced premier league manager, perhaps its time to look at Allardyce or Houghton.

You are taking the **** right? I can’t tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Since 1980 said:

He won't be going anywhere.

 

Really? reliable journalists are very confident that Farke will be a serious candidate for the Dortmund role if their current manager gets the push

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can blame VAR as much as we like but the simple facts are that the owners don’t support the club enough to achieve the required player quality, while Farke (another punt which has paid off in the championship) lacks the tactics required to deliver in the premier league. Maybe £100m in from transfers this summer + parachutes will allow the club to go up and stay up, but every time we go up, we don’t stay up as the managers arent good enough tactically so get schooled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I agree. I think knew this season was a major uphill battle and would have little in terms of funding. But we have a great coach, yet if we lose him, we are royally f*cked. How long will he stay around?

He's bought into the plan so won't be going anywhere yet. If can see where we're going even if some here can't or won't accept where we're going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

😂😂😂

You have been looking for nut jobs on this thread Fenway and here he is !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

Can or 2 of beer with the stream is highly recommended!

Cheers!

 

4CC4E21C-2AD6-4FCC-9422-8635152F2531.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carra Rud said:

Did I just see Hughton's name pop up? How about Rioch he did well 😂 

Surprised Roeder hasn't been mentioned as a possible to return.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's 90 minutes I'll never get back! Not really surprised but overall we are lacking everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Hughton was never this bad for us in the premier league he is a big big step up on Farke I am afraid, his record over time proves this 

Do you watch the games, or just look at the results?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely dreadful.

I'm behind the good work being done behind the scenes to secure the club for the next generation, but to go to Old Trafford and play 7 players in an attacking discipline is insulting to the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BarcelonaCanary said:

We can blame VAR as much as we like but the simple facts are that the owners don’t support the club enough to achieve the required player quality, while Farke (another punt which has paid off in the championship) lacks the tactics required to deliver in the premier league. Maybe £100m in from transfers this summer + parachutes will allow the club to go up and stay up, but every time we go up, we don’t stay up as the managers arent good enough tactically so get schooled. 

Not blaming VAR for our predicament. Perfectly entitled to criticise it's proper usage and comment that not only is it being used inappropriately, making incorrect decisions, and pissing everyone off, players and fans included, it is ruining the beautiful game

Edited by The Great Mass Debater
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why Farke would want to stay here. He already has winning the Championship on his CV.

No point in hanging around and devaluing that when there are bigger fish to fry.

Probably time to move to somewhere where he gets a bit of support.

 

Edited by Making Plans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Since 1980 said:

Surprised Roeder hasn't been mentioned as a possible to return.

 

I wonder how long it will be before someone suggests poaching Lambert.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was at the game today with my brother in law, in with the Manure fans. There were plenty of comments about how terrible we were. Very hard to disagree with them I'm afraid. 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Hughton was never this bad for us in the premier league he is a big big step up on Farke I am afraid, his record over time proves this 

Amen. Any other manager would be gone by now with this seasons results and most important lack of tactic quality, which has given away 14 points from leads and taken NO points from a losing position. Farke has no plan B. Yes we’ve brought through £100m + of talent and yes we can play sexy football going forward at times, but this is schoolboy management. I’d like Webber to remain and even have Farke stay as coach (as he’s a nice guy and clearly gets on well with players), but tactical decisions are woeful and we need a manager with a plan B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Not sure why Farke would want to stay here. He alread has winning the Championship on his CV.

No point in hanging around and devaluing that when there are bigger fish to fry.

Probably time to move to somewhere where he gets a bit of support.

 

He has support here and he know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Not blaming VAR for our predicament. Perfectly entitled to criticise it's proper usage and comment that not only is it being used inappropriately, making incorrect decisions, and pissing everyone off, players and fans included, it is ruining the beautiful game

I agree it certainly is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fuzzar said:

Was at the game today with my brother in law, in with the Manure fans. There were plenty of comments about how terrible we were. Very hard to disagree with them I'm afraid. 😩

Yes they're a shrewd bunch. Nothing much gets past them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×