Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Match thread v Man Utd.

4 minutes ago, JF said:

Really? reliable journalists are very confident that Farke will be a serious candidate for the Dortmund role if their current manager gets the push

Can't see Farke being sacked this season. maybe next if we aren't top 6, however I do feel the time will come when he believes he's taken Norwich forward as far as he can. We get closer to that each week.

8 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Poe's Law

I had to look that up.

Poe's law
Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the parodied views.

Very apt.
Edited by Nuff Said

"This team has no business being in the PL" ...is what I heard a man saying in the pub , he was neutral , he claimed... I couldn't disagree with him...I didn't have anything there to counter his comments

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Yes they're a shrewd bunch. Nothing much gets past them.

Be fair, they’ve all got a long journey back to Surrey ahead of them.

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Was at the game today with my brother in law, in with the Manure fans. There were plenty of comments about how terrible we were. Very hard to disagree with them I'm afraid. 😩

My brother in law (Season ticket holder) and two former flat mates are Utd fans. Many opponent's fans have been complimentary about us this season. Utd fans wont be after that

Well that wasn’t good, can see why we’ve lost every game we’ve conceded first in, not a great day for the midfield, overrun, outthought and outplayed, had Zimmermann not been on his game it could have been a few more.

Move onto the next game, but only 15 games to go I can’t see the point of loaning any players without having a buy clause as it’s pretty clear we’re not going to get out of this relegation. Better off blooding Idah more and looking to land young players to buy or not bother this window, save the money for a good go in the summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't see Farke being sacked this season. maybe next if we aren't top 6, however I do feel the time will come when he believes he's taken Norwich forward as far as he can. We get closer to that each week.

Name a manager/coach that doesn’t happen to, unless they’re sacked. Dario Gradi I suppose, but I can’t think of another.

I thought our football would be good enough to make a fight of relegation but that was more wishful thinking than serious analysis. There are two sides to football and we are a long way short on one of them.

Just now, ROBFLECK said:

Is it Farke's fault? Hasn't got enough quality in the squad ...  

We knew 20th was the expectation with the view 'take the money and run' if we don't finish 17th

People laying blame at the feet of Farke are deluded. The guy has been criminally under backed. I feel sorry for actually. 

whats really sad is, the opportunity we had this season with our young talent, cracking head coach has just been unforgivably p****d away. 

It’s so depressing because an exciting crop of players like these don’t come along very often but instead of being backed and built upon they just been hung out to dry.

Shame on the Norwich City board.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

No chance of Farke being sacked but the work he has done on an absolute shoestring budget will not have gone unnoticed back in Dortmund. If that job becomes available he will be a serious candidate for the role. As I said it’s already being talked about by journalists that are reliable 

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Name a manager/coach that doesn’t happen to, unless they’re sacked. Dario Gradi I suppose, but I can’t think of another.

Farke.

Bang on target for this season to have our lowest points tally in the Premier League ever. That's real progress, but at least the bank balance looks good. Can't wait for this season to be over tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JF said:

No chance of Farke being sacked but the work he has done on an absolute shoestring budget will not have gone unnoticed back in Dortmund. If that job becomes available he will be a serious candidate for the role. As I said it’s already being talked about by journalists that are reliable 

Journalists are good at talking, not much else.

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I wonder how long it will be before someone suggests poaching Lambert.

Boil or fry the cont, I say.

Just now, ricardo said:

I thought our football would be good enough to make a fight of relegation but that was more wishful thinking than serious analysis. There are two sides to football and we are a long way short on one of them.

Aren’t you making that judgement based on one game Ricardo? Yes, I’ve already agreed we have been poor today. But in other games we - more often than not - have played well, enough to gather praise from pundits and opposition fans alike. We’re all hurting right now, but this is a team that can play PL quality. Sadly, not consistently, and even not consistently for 90 minutes. Whether that’s the ‘fault’ of the players or the coach is debatable. But we do have the *potential* to stay up. We just can’t manifest that enough of the time.

2 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

People laying blame at the feet of Farke are deluded. The guy has been criminally under backed. I feel sorry for actually. 

whats really sad is, the opportunity we had this season with our young talent, cracking head coach has just been unforgivably p****d away. 

It’s so depressing because an exciting crop of players like these don’t come along very often but instead of being backed and built upon they just been hung out to dry.

Shame on the Norwich City board.

Can't help but agree with this to be honest.

Similar thing happened at West Ham where their 2003 relegation meant they lost Joe Cole, Glen Johnson, Jermaine Defoe, David James and their talisman Di Canio (ours is Pukki). Having already lost Ferdinand and Lampard.... they just blew it.

Conveyor belt got a bit faulty after that, had to get excited by the likes of Freddy Sears.

1 minute ago, Since 1980 said:

Journalists are good at talking, not much else.

Maybe so but make no mistake if that job comes up and their manager has been under pressure he will be seriously considered. . He was highly rated at Dortmund and they didn’t want to lose him when we took him

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Some on here still think he still has a lot to give and is a way off jacking it in. I'm not so sure. Has had no meaningful support whatsoever this season. The only support so far this window is a loanee.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Same here. Knew it would be tough but I didn't think the gulf would be this big. The lack of experience in top division football from our coaches shows. A lot of our players are very young and only a couple of the elder players have Prem experience also shows.

Shame really as I was mildly optimistic at the start. That's gone in a wave of depression.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Boil or fry the cont, I say.

Given his probable alcohol content I’d keep him well away from any heat sources.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JF said:

Maybe so but make no mistake if that job comes up and their manager has been under pressure he will be seriously considered. . He was highly rated at Dortmund and they didn’t want to lose him when we took him

He might be considered but there's no way he's going before his contract expires. He's a man of his word.

48 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I am sitting in a bar in Tenerife surrounded by Man Utd fans this is painful and embarrassing 

I hear you, Jobsworth, we’ve all been in that position on holiday - they are the absolute ultimate in plastic supporters, I have no doubt they all flew out of their native Exeter for the big match.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Given his probable alcohol content I’d keep him well away from any heat sources.

Roast lamb with alcohol, lovely!

Just now, Since 1980 said:

He might be considered but there's no way he's going before his contract expires. He's a man of his word.

If they offer him the job then he will be gone as quick as Lambert was to Villa. Not a chance that he would turn down that role and no one would expect him to