Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Match thread v Man Utd.

There really are two Norwichs. Multiple times this season our performances have been outstanding and we've looked nothing like a team bottom of the table, and we've just been unfortunate to not get the points our performance deserves.

Then there are performances like this where the workrate isnt there, the energy isnt there and the players look disinterested. You never know which one you're going to get. We seem to play better against the top teams. Perhaps this confirms Utd are not a top team

• Haha 1

Just now, JF said:

We’ve gone into a PL match with every available senior outfield player available in the squad and an 18 year old with no experience as our only option up front. The level of backing that Farke has received this season has been criminal

Exactly.. Delia to get on the pitch and apologise, preferably not pi**ed. 

Just now, Samwam27 said:

Whats so frustrating is every time we get promotion, we go up with no lessons learnt and no backing.

So one questions why have any ambition at all?

*this exactly. 

• Like 1

Our scoring record last season disguised a very average defence. Inevitably it would be further exposed in a higher league. Some good performances and enjoyable football but never really in with a chance if you concede two goals game.

• Like 1

Just now, Samwam27 said:

Whats so frustrating is every time we get promotion, we go up with no lessons learnt and no backing.

I think the lessons have been learnt. Farke was and is well aware of Norwich's slim chances of staying up.
If there isn't the money to buy expensive players, you don't get expensive players.

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

But we did learn our lessons, apparently. 

We couldn't **** our money up the wall again on another Naismith, so that meant the solution was clearly not to make any big signings.

What do people expect? With no significant investment in improving the squad it was always going to be like shovelling sh1t against the tide.

The concern I have isn’t relegation (the Championship is a much more competitive and entertaining league than the PL). I wonder how long Daniel Farke will put up with not having a fighting chance of building a competitive team at this level. Subject to who leaves, stays and arrives in the summer we have   a good chance of returning to the PL. If that happens I would not be surprised if DF returns to the Bundesliga if the board fail to give him a lot more than he got last summer.

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

But that's the plan, isn't it?

So, as some would see it, "everything is fine at Carrow Road"

Careful all you fans  telling it how it is the usual suspects will be calling you binners. 

Edited by daly

1 minute ago, Crafty Canary said:

What do people expect? With no significant investment in improving the squad it was always going to be like shovelling sh1t against the tide.

The concern I have isn’t relegation (the Championship is a much more competitive and entertaining league than the PL). I wonder how long Daniel Farke will put up with not having a fighting chance of building a competitive team at this level. Subject to who leaves, stays and arrives in the summer we have   a good chance of returning to the PL. If that happens I would not be surprised if DF returns to the Bundesliga if the board fail to give him a lot more than he got last summer.

I agree. I think knew this season was a major uphill battle and would have little in terms of funding. But we have a great coach, yet if we lose him, we are royally f*cked. How long will he stay around?

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Our scoring record last season disguised a very average defence. Inevitably it would be further exposed in a higher league. Some good performances and enjoyable football but never really in with a chance if you concede two goals game.

Im not sure the problem is necessarily the players, but the tactics

1 minute ago, Carra Rud said:

Best way to watch city is drunk! Makes things so much better. OTBC!

I think I might take your advice. Mind you, with three minutes left I’ll have to drink quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daly said:

Careful all you fans  telling it how it is the usual suspects will be calling you binders. 

Lever arch or ring?

It must be so easy planning to play against Norwich as an oppo manager. Strikers must think its Christmas again playing against Hanley in the Premier League.

Definitely not going to stay up with these tactics and lack of quality. Reliant on one striker in the squad and have the likes of Hanley and Tettey in the team who are championship level at best. I do worry that although we will make £100m in transfers Farke lacks the tactics to shut up shop and concede less than we score. I think we need an experienced premier league manager, perhaps its time to look at Allardyce or Houghton.

3 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

He won't be going anywhere.

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

VAR checked the Cantwell penalty but not the actual one?

VAR automatically checks all goals and penalties. If they decide straight away that there's nothing controversial, they don't bother going through the rigmarole of putting on the screen etc.

Just now, BarcelonaCanary said:

It must be so easy planning to play against Norwich as an oppo manager. Strikers must think its Christmas again playing against Hanley in the Premier League.

Definitely not going to stay up with these tactics and lack of quality. Reliant on one striker in the squad and have the likes of Hanley and Tettey in the team who are championship level at best. I do worry that although we will make £100m in transfers Farke lacks the tactics to shut up shop and concede less than we score. I think we need an experienced premier league manager, perhaps its time to look at Allardyce or Houghton.

LOL!

Too nice. Nobody gets anything at Old Trafford without picking up a couple of yellows. We let them play well today.

Makes no difference to the bigger picture unless you are one who thought we'd get a result.