Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Match thread v Man Utd.

Poor performance all round today.  I've already practically given up on avoiding relegation.  They'll be better days than this however.  Just not today. Onwards and upwards.

15 minutes ago, Sparta Plastic said:

S0d this.

I'm not enjoying this any more. Sooner we're back in the Championship the better,

You won’t have too long to wait

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Since you’ve been hoping for us to lose just so you can be proved right

How ridiculous is that statement ? Looks like having a grip on the reality of where we are heading and have looked like it for weeks now is seen as hoping for us to lose in your head. As i said ridiculous thing to say.

• Like 1

Just now, Carra Rud said:

Same story played out for years - no money, no ambition, deluded cook... and people thought Chase was a to55er!

That was never in doubt.

What the hell are those subs about? Tettey and McLean have both been absolutely shocking today. We’re 3-0 down and he takes off our only striker and most creative centre midfielder. I’m starting to wonder about Farke, the inability to read a game and react to it is a major issue. Neither of the above should’ve even come out for the second half, they’ve been thar bad today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Losing to ManU today makes no difference, not many were expecting points today regardless. Leading up to this game there 17 matches left. I grouped them in 5 leaving Burnley and ManCity on the back-end. We need 6 or 7 points in each group with wins all very possible against the following. Find a draw or two elsewhere and we're very much in the hunt for survival. I see 35-38 points likely and expect us to get there. Will that keep us safe? Maybe not, but we're not done yet.

First 5 matches

Bournemouth/Newcastle

Second 5 matches

Wolves/Southampton/Everton

Final 5 matches + Burnley

Brighton/Watford/WestHam/Burnley 

There's faith and there's blind faith.

I prefer reality. Relegation was obvious after a dozen games. Time to prepare for next season.

8 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I haven’t got it out don’t want it getting sun burned 

How can that happen when it has not seen the light of day for years ?

Trouble is, due to Delia & Co's complete lack of ambition, if we lose Farke & Webber, it's back to many years of mediocrity.

What a missed opportunity this season. We're back to Doncasters "prudence with ambition" yet Deila just wants prudence!

• Like 2

We’ve gone into a PL match with every available senior outfield player available in the squad and an 18 year old with no experience as our only option up front. The level of backing that Farke has received this season has been criminal

Just now, ricardo said:

I prefer reality. Relegation was obvious after a dozen games. Time to prepare for next season.

Careful now ricardo as Fenway will include you in the nut jobs on this thread. 😜

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

This result has got the negative nut jobs out early

Really, playing like this and relegated? 

How depressing this is, not just the football being played, but the arguing between supporters, the clear lack of ambition of the owners, the fact that our transfer policy has been exposed...  last season was one of the best ever, but this is damn depressing 

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Yep. We will be lucky to get 20 points this season.

Apart from Max Aarons any of our players thinking they can play on this league for someone else need to realise they lack the all round game for this level. 

Moments of brilliance are great but you have to do all the other things around game management and solidity. 

Move to an EPL side and you'll end up 'doing a Murphy.' 

Career wise they'd be better off with another season in the Championship, hope to get promoted then look to step up. 

What was the game where the players refunded the travelling fans? We're heading into that territory now. I dont mind getting beat 4-0 by Utd but they should be made to work for it

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

Just now, ROBFLECK said:

How depressing this is, not just the football being played, but the arguing between supporters, the clear lack of ambition of the owners, the fact that our transfer policy has been exposed...  last season was one of the best ever, but this is damn depressing 

Well said

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

A refreshing take on the state of affairs. 

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Agreed

Whats so frustrating is every time we get promotion, we go up with no lessons learnt and no backing.

So one questions why have any ambition at all?