Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Duda done deal according to father 🙏

16 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Isn’t Idah our forward cover now, or have I been naively seduced by the performance against Preston B...?

We’ll find out in a couple of hours, OTBC!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Good signing but seems a strange one given that we are scoring goals but not defending so well. Let us hope it is just a first buy and that CB is coming hot on his heels... 

Not necessarily CB's fault. Our style sends the full backs up the pitch. Maybe our holding midfield players are not good enough. But I am one who thinks zonal marking is a big contributor. And people can throw up stats about it, but it clearly doesn't work for us. Even pundits are talking about it.

And we are not exactly scoring more than a goal a game. So we cannot really say we are scoring goals. In fact we have failed to  score in one third of our games. But it is ironic that the Blades have only scored one more than us and sit fifth. But they have only conceded 21.

I don't wish to start another argument as I know many would swap what they are doing for what we are doing, but I am of the opinion that this is the best footballing team we have ever had although it is arguable we have had better teams. in different eras.

It's not arguable at all. From 1986 to 1994 we had teams that would have murdered this lot

Pretty obvious this is a signing to replace Steipi.  A number 10, not a replacement for EMI or Todd.  It's seriously needed.  Why there is dissent in here is quite remarkable.

36 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Pretty obvious this is a signing to replace Steipi.  A number 10, not a replacement for EMI or Todd.  It's seriously needed.  Why there is dissent in here is quite remarkable.

I suspect that if we signed Lionel Messi there would be dissent from some on this board. 😉 

• Like 1

I like the alliteration in the title. Just needs pinching into someone along the lines of 'Duda deal done; da daaaaa!' :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Can you imagine DCBs wife (I mean, admittedly you'd first need to be pretty imaginative to think said wife exists) running into the house to greet him with major excitement "We've won the lottery!!!" only for DCB to come back with "What's the point, I'll probably die before I get to spend it all"

HaHa............sounds like Unlucky Alf from the Fast Show 😃

12 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I suspect that if we signed Lionel Messi there would be dissent from some on this board. 😉 

What do we want to sign someone who's 33 in June for? There's no chance of a profit from selling him on. No ambition.

Will that do you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The thing is, how much will he cost us ? And will it be worth it ?

If he somehow performs a miracle and helps keep us up, every penny.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

It amazes me that season after season after season people still don’t get this. 

How true Gordo, there are so many things that so many people don't get. We were told before a ball was kicked this season that we would go with what we have, so classy did we look last season that the lads that got us here deserved a go at it.........and we have still looked very good, at times. Barely a match goes by without a commentator saying " beautiful football there from Norwich" ....or something very similar. We are in the process of establishing a playing identity, so finding additional players who are not only able, but also willing to buy into this system, is not easy, especially given our mission statement of not throwing money at a problem and expecting it to be the solution. Some still do not get this. Now, I can understand they may not agree with current policy but tough titty really as its not us making the decisions. 

Duda is decent half season loan by the,looks of it. Cant really see why its an issue to some. He has effectively taken Dennis Sbernys place in the squad, few could argue that he is not potentially( after all,nothing is certain) an upgrade. 

To be honest, not sure why we will loan Duda now.

hate to say it but we’re dead and buried so might as well save the money OR use it to buy someone who will be here next season!

Duda could easily be a hit. I followed Hertha under manager Pál Dárdai, and Duda was one of his key players. AT the time Hertha was a similarly on a low budget like ours, and  managed to punch above their weight for several seasons, following Dárdai's strict tactical instructions. So I expect to have a well drilled, fit and tactically alert player in Duda, hoping that he'd live up to my expectations.