Since 1980

Fascinating Skysports feature about Max Aarons

Two thoughts after reading that. 

1. We won’t be keeping him for long

2. A lot of the academy staff mentioned who identified and coached our current young stars are gone now. Let’s hope their replacements do a similarly good job.

• Like 1

So this is taken from the article. If it's true then it sounds like an open and shut case of multiple illegal approaches. Or have they given up even trying to enforce that now?

Aarons quote.PNG

13 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

So this is taken from the article. If it's true then it sounds like an open and shut case of multiple illegal approaches. Or have they given up even trying to enforce that now?

Aarons quote.PNG

I think we all know what would happen if it went to VAR.

From what I've seen over the last couple of seasons is that max rides the knocks well, by that I mean that if he's  not had the best if games then whoever is up against him In  the next game had better look sharp  as max will always come back with an improved performance.  He's  an "Improver" by the look of him , will be very interesting how far he goes in the game.

Yep good article, thanks. A chap at work mentioned this to me a couple of days ago but I hadn’t tracked down the article. Fair play to Aarons, great attitude and getting what he deserves now as a result. 

Had a rocky start to the prem, has started to look slightly more at home and I’m sure, with more experience (and possibly working alongside more experienced defenders at his next club if and when that happens) he’ll continue to go far.

10 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Aarons quote.PNG

Exactly what I thought, although it's unlikely Max would name and shame until he's decided which one he wants to go to 😁

Key part of that article for me is - "He knew that the most important thing was to play. He realised that a season playing as an established Premier League player would be priceless, and if he does go somewhere else, he would need to know that the plan was for him to be the main man in his position. The career of a footballer is so delicate. You've got to make the right decisions for your development."

That is why we attract good youngsters with good heads on their shoulders - they know they will get the chance to play.  We have been like this for several years, but intelligent young players can see the opportunities at Norwich clearly and not get their heads turned overtures from bigger clubs where they might get their big move, but not get to play in the first teams very much to start with - if at all.  So playing regular first team football has to be the goal for youngsters - sure they can do it by getting sent out on loan - but ultimately, to know there will be a chance to do it regularly at their home club has to be a huge reason for going to that club.

It must be incredibly flattering to know that big clubs want you and the money must be better too, but a footballers career is short, so do they want the kudos of being at a big club, collecting money but not playing much for that club, or do they want slightly less money and play regular first team football and build a career......... 

• Like 1