Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

M6 closed in Lancashire tomorrow

Just a heads up to anyone coming down to the match from up north to look out for closures on the M6 - scheduled to be closed all weekend both ways, near Lancaster as they have to remove a bridge. Might need to allow more time for travel and diversions.

20 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Down to a game in Manchester? Obviously home fans in the away end . Hope they all get stuck in traffic . 

If you lived where Lakey lives GPB you would be travelling down to Manchester.

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Down to a game in Manchester? Obviously home fans in the away end . Hope they all get stuck in traffic . 

I've done that trip, on almost every occaision I've bumped into City fans at Tebay services on the way back. Once there was a father & son from Dundee who went to all home and away games, that's some dedication.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I've done that trip, on almost every occaision I've bumped into City fans at Tebay services on the way back. Once there was a father & son from Dundee who went to all home and away games, that's some dedication.

Ah Tebay - the Rolls Royce of service stations!!

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 19:21, lake district canary said:

Just a heads up to anyone coming down to the match from up north to look out for closures on the M6 - scheduled to be closed all weekend both ways, near Lancaster as they have to remove a bridge. Might need to allow more time for travel and diversions.

On balance this was the best thread of the day.  Whilst my attempt at humour seems to have been lost on a few, we did get a traffic report, a geography lesson (who knew the Lake District was to the North of Manchester?) and an re introduction to Tebay, one of my most favourite service stations . I say one of, because my absolute favourite services are Bishops Stortford and Clacket Lane (both to the South of Manchester by the way)

Yes I have lost the plot. I admit it.

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1