Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Max Aarons

38 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Is that a refusal  to  be positive  in the face of reality,  or are you saying you'll leave it 25 rather than 20 mins before telling us all that it ain't over yet.

No, it's just a no. Last Saturday, disappointing as it was, even gutting, did not warrant the overeaction, calling for heads and the wallowing in self pity that some seem to enjoy.  Man Utd were outstanding in their desire and work rate and they did a job on us - and it was no disgrace to lose it and if they keep that up, they will be surging up the table over the next few weeks. If we lose tomorrow it would just be dispiriting and all I might say is "cheer up, things could be worse". But that ain't going to happen, because we are going to win!

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No, it's just a no. Last Saturday, disappointing as it was, even gutting, did not warrant the overeaction, calling for heads and the wallowing in self pity that some seem to enjoy.  Man Utd were outstanding in their desire and work rate and they did a job on us - and it was no disgrace to lose it and if they keep that up, they will be surging up the table over the next few weeks. If we lose tomorrow it would just be dispiriting and all I might say is "cheer up, things could be worse". But that ain't going to happen, because we are going to win!

I wouldnt really say Man Utd were outstanding. I found them very ordinary especially in the first 45 mins. I just found us very poor throughout and sloppy.

Edited by jaberry2

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

I wouldnt really say Man Utd were outstanding. I found them very ordinary especially in the first 45 mins. I just found us very poor throughout and sloppy.

I think they did a job on us. They were too quick and too strong and stopped us from being able to play. Not a brilliant performance by them in terms of attacking play, but did the job on us and made us look poor and sloppy.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Is that a refusal  to  be positive  in the face of reality,  or are you saying you'll leave it 25 rather than 20 mins before telling us all that it ain't over yet. Just a thought,  were you once in a monty python  film? You know the one, king Arthur  , where the guy claims that having his arms chopped off is just a scratch.

The Black knight, more positive  than Lakeyo. 

About on par with Lakey ? 

My attitude which I think is way more realistic than some give me credit for, is that -

The battle is not lost, we are up against the odds, but we have the means to win, we have proved we can beat/match the best and nearly all our warriors are back fit again. We've lost no arms, we haven't even been scratched - we're still in the fight with all forces at our disposal up and running - and there is time and place to vanquish the opposition!  All we need is the desire and belief it can be done - and it can be done!

So rise, take your swords from your scabbards and raise arms against all opposition and believe victory is within our grasp!  Let the mighty Carrow army go forth and sing for their football club. The mighty Bournemouth are not so mighty, so raise your spirits and make the voice of their away following seem like the voices of whimpering children! Beat them and we then look forward to the greater challenges ahead.  Victory is ours if we want it! It can be done!

Long live Farke and his captains on the pitch, the magnificent Tettey, the warrior Zimbo and the mighty Krul!

Long live the Canaries and onward to victory!

There, what could be more reasonable?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

My attitude which I think is way more realistic than some give me credit for, is that -

The battle is not lost, we are up against the odds, but we have the means to win, we have proved we can beat/match the best and nearly all our warriors are back fit again. We've lost no arms, we haven't even been scratched - we're still in the fight with all forces at our disposal up and running - and there is time and place to vanquish the opposition!  All we need is the desire and belief it can be done - and it can be done!

So rise, take your swords from your scabbards and raise arms against all opposition and believe victory is within our grasp!  Let the mighty Carrow army go forth and sing for their football club. The mighty Bournemouth are not so mighty, so raise your spirits and make the voice of their away following seem like the voices of whimpering children! Beat them and we then look forward to the greater challenges ahead.  Victory is ours if we want it! It can be done!

Long live Farke and his captains on the pitch, the magnificent Tettey, the warrior Zimbo and the mighty Krul!

I’ll have two of what your taking

48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Thats more like it lakeyo, i was wondering where the old fighting spirit had gone to . When you said 'No' , i thought oh dear, a one word answer from LDC, glad you are back on form, some wont be. FWIW i think we can beat Bournemouth, they've been poor for a run of games, we've been decent but not winning( apart from last week), i know who i'd rather be, despite our League position.

52 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Rumours beginning to circulate that Max hasn’t travelled tonight.

Anyone in the know please ?

Sauce??

Decent audition. Great tackle with his swinger towards the end and made a point of mingling with the Spurs players after the whistle. He'll be gone.

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Football Insider suggesting Spurs are close to an agreement for a summer move. 

If true (they're usually pretty accurate) I wonder whether we are getting a better deal than if waiting until the summer to negotiate? 

It could be that Spurs are the only ones showing serious interest so it makes sense to get a good deal enshrined in stone now so we have some budget free for signings in the summer. Out of all the young talent in the squad Aarons is the one we can most afford to lose thanks to Byram’s renaissance.

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It could be that Spurs are the only ones showing serious interest so it makes sense to get a good deal enshrined in stone now so we have some budget free for signings in the summer. Out of all the young talent in the squad Aarons is the one we can most afford to lose thanks to Byram’s renaissance.

Wouldn’t want to lose him but I agree with that. If we had to sell any one of them but keep the others then yes I’d reluctantly sell him and for that same reason