Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Max Aarons

Trouble is any profit from sales will be subject to a big tax bill, so given we’ll be making a hefty profit this season with the TV money, any sales should go back into the club on players in, ground / training ground improvements. No point in just taking 30 million as it’ll be taxed!

12 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

If (if) this has any substance I think it's going to be hard to hold onto Max ...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-calling-every-day-as-bid-to-sign-speed-machine-intensifies/

I agree. But I read that DF has told Spurs just to leave him alone to play his football. I guess there will be predatory clubs and Spurs are one such club. Probably pushed on by Mourinho.

Just now, sonyc said:

I agree. But I read that DF has told Spurs just to leave him alone to play his football. I guess there will be predatory clubs and Spurs are one such club. Probably pushed on by Mourinho.

But if they offer something ridiculous? And how would Max feel?

Every player has a price, for any team.

7 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

But if they offer something ridiculous? And how would Max feel?

Every player has a price, for any team.

I agree. He might get x3 his current wages and a chance of European action next year.

I'm watching Spurs v Boro and I'm hoping and urging Tanganga to have the game of his life! 🙂

Tanganga looks decent and they also have Walker Peters who is young. Add that to Sessengon on the other side, that’d be a very young group of full backs! 

8 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Wish i had Harassing calls like that instead of PPI !!

I think I’d take the PPI, Norfolkngood!

36 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I'm watching Spurs v Boro and I'm hoping and urging Tanganga to have the game of his life! 🙂

Just got MoM.

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Just got MoM.

Yeah just seen his fast rampaging run and cross. They don't need Max as he is already in the building.

Why would Spuds want Aaron's when they have Tanganga?  Has a build that Aaron's can't compete with.  Should put that rumour to bed.

8 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Just got MoM.

He's a bit of a unit as well. We shall see but on that performance if I was Mourinho I wouldn't be rushing out to buy Max. Up against a Championship team though. Expect a bid on the very last day of the window if they are still interested! 

Edited by Capt. Pants

I think we should start phoning Tanganga daily, it’s the moral and decent thing to do 

Edited by Alex Moss
  • Haha 1

On 09/01/2020 at 20:02, FenwayFrank said:

It’s Sky, they mainly talk b0ll0x 

They could quote you FF! 

25 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Why would Spuds want Aaron's when they have Tanganga?  Has a build that Aaron's can't compete with.  Should put that rumour to bed.

Not too sure about that. Huge difference between PL & Champs.

I mean, would you prefer Idah over Pukki?  :classic_unsure:

We are a self financing club. Aaron’s will be sold, if it’s this window no doubt a loan back until the summer, when he will sign a spurs contract. And he will not be the only one out the door.

56 minutes ago, Herman said:

A loan back you say?! 😀

Interesting idea. I don’t know why it isn’t suggested more often?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

He's a bit of a unit as well. We shall see but on that performance if I was Mourinho I wouldn't be rushing out to buy Max. Up against a Championship team though. Expect a bid on the very last day of the window if they are still interested! 

Interesting now with Mourinho instead of Pochettino. You’d think a defender with a bit of size is likely to be slightly higher up Mourinho’s list than a smaller player of similar ability. I suppose it depends how Mourinho rates the lads he’s already got, but I’m not entirely convinced about the Aarons to Spurs rumours. 

Currently a loan back is not permissable:  Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window. (from the Premier League website), ergo, no Prem Club can buy Aarons and immediately loan him out, let alone back to the selling club, no doubt there are ways around this, pre-deals, etc.

5 minutes ago, Ray said:

Currently a loan back is not permissable:  Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window. (from the Premier League website), ergo, no Prem Club can buy Aarons and immediately loan him out, let alone back to the selling club, no doubt there are ways around this, pre-deals, etc.

Always read the smallprint, Ray.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's got 4 years on his contract, we're in the premier league and in a January transfer window. Spurs are unlikely to spend 30m+ on a player when they probably back themselves to sign him for ~20m in the summer.

This is the same club that failed to sign Jack Grealish 2 summers ago for a 15m asking price as they refused to go higher than 12m.

I will be incredibly surprised if anyone important leaves this window.