Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Max Aarons

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Wow! On a retail park near a Macro, Showcase and a car showroom?

I really can’t remember there were a few of us staying in Derby at the Mickleover Hotel, got a taxi out there as the guys running the course took us there.

Why are people getting narky about suggesting a loan back deal? Last time I looked, Dortmund and Leipzig weren’t playing in the Premier League.

Just now, Mr Angry said:

Why are people getting narky about suggesting a loan back deal? Last time I looked, Dortmund and Leipzig weren’t playing in the Premier League.

Would Dortmund, let  alone Leipzig  pay the kind of  money  we are looking for, for an English   right back? 

I’ve been to Rock City twice while on stag weekends in Nottingham. The first time I got thrown out for having a go at someone for wearing a Cradle of Filth t-shirt. (If you know the band you’ll know the t-shirt I’m talking about). The second time was a bit quieter 😳

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Would Dortmund, let  alone Leipzig  pay the kind of  money  we are looking for, for an English   right back? 

No, maybe not. But we may decide to settle for less so it doesn’t rule them out.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

No, maybe not. But we may decide to settle for less so it doesn’t rule them out.

Ah sure, it's all just speckle-ation at the moment  anyway.  Thems what know was girn on must have a roight larf  at  all the rumours. 

58 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:
The savings on player wages will be helpful in growing the cash pile.

Sorry to interrupt your miserablist droning with actual facts (you know those pesky things) but in case you've forgotten we made a loss of £38 million last season.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/november/club-releases-annual-accounts/

16 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ve been to Rock City twice while on stag weekends in Nottingham. The first time I got thrown out for having a go at someone for wearing a Cradle of Filth t-shirt. (If you know the band you’ll know the t-shirt I’m talking about). The second time was a bit quieter 😳

I know the shirt! Why, were you offended? Were you with a bus load of Christians?

57 minutes ago, sonyc said:

DF has stated Max is going nowhere. 🙂

In Jan...

Which is good.

Edited by BobLoz3

6 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I know the shirt! Why, were you offended? Were you with a bus load of Christians?

What, the Nun having a fiddle? Is that offensive? Personally I find the Magdalene Laundries more offensive. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

No, but I am a Christian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

What, the Nun having a fiddle? Is that offensive? Personally I find the Magdalene Laundries more offensive. 

No, it’s what was on the other side. “Jesus is a c*nt”.

Edited by Mr Angry
Correction of past tense

In the case of Lewis, Godfrey, Aarons and Cantwell, their values will not peak for another year or two even.  They're all still very young with so much potential and the idea of selling them in today's market for £30m would just smack of 'little club syndrome'.   Whichever division we are in next year, they have all now proved that they can play at this level, so are no longer such a 'gamble' purchase.

Surely, if clubs want them now, then they would need to come up with much more.     As the club have said, we don't need to sell.  Personally hope that we reject all approaches for the next two years. 

The idea of selling and loaning back (whether possible or not) would only serve to reduce the price tag! 

Buendia has to be worth well in excess of £50m already given his stats and must be due a call up to Argentina's side.   5 players worth £30 - £60m........ hope we don't sell any of them but how fans can be so critical of the club's plan and methods beggars belief.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

No, it’s what was on the other side. “Jesus was a c*nt”.

Object of the exercise achieved by the wearer then, if you took him to task over it.  It's designed to offend ,you took the bait.

16 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

You never been to a metal gig before?

8 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Object of the exercise achieved by the wearer then, if you took him to task over it.  It's designed to offend ,you took the bait.

Yeah, I suppose. I wonder if he’d have been brave enough to wear one with Allah instead of Jesus though?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

It wasn’t a gig, just a disco. Why?

50 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

No, but I am a Christian.

Ah, in that case, I understand.

I won't discuss religious beliefs here.

50 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

That's the tee I thought it was going to be, by the way!

32 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Yeah, I suppose. I wonder if he’d have been brave enough to wear one with Allah instead of Jesus though?

May have caused an injury if the front depicted a hook handed preacher instead of a nun.

35 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

May have caused an injury if the front depicted a hook handed preacher instead of a nun.

Yes-and just to be clear, I think the t-shirt would have been offensive if it had been aimed at Christians, Muslims, Buddhists or followers of any other religion. 

Just now, Mr Angry said:

Yes-and just to be clear, I think the t-shirt would have been offensive if it had been aimed at Christians, Muslims, Buddhists or followers of any other religion. 

Quite. Yes.

End of it for me. I am not into offending people's beliefs.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Yeah, I suppose. I wonder if he’d have been brave enough to wear one with Allah instead of Jesus though.

Yep, reckon so The Nottingham Jobsworth. Anything for attention,any attention.

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I’ve seen that shirt at plenty of gigs before, does it really offend you?

Yes-which, as Wcorkcanary pointed out, was the intention of the band and the person wearing the shirt. I’d never seen it before-I think it was about 20 years ago-and I’ve never seen it since. We obviously have very different music tastes!  

5 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I don’t think anyone should be surprised that it would offend some people, it’s a step too far for me too

Edited by FenwayFrank