Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Emi stats

Pity they didn't also mention his tackling which not so long ago was the highest in the team and one of the highest in the EPL.

Just a magnificent player who I think would suit Liiverpool. I think he is now better than Shaqiri.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Pity they didn't also mention his tackling which not so long ago was the highest in the team and one of the highest in the EPL.

Just a magnificent player who I think would suit Liiverpool. I think he is now better than Shaqiri.

Totally agree, I have always mentioned his tackling and strength. He must be on the radar of many by now unfortunately. Probably the most enjoyable player to watch for me in many a year. 

no stropometer rating?  :classic_blink:

Edited by ZLF

40 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Mostly agree Grandado, ex ept for the fact that Shaqiri is a very real goal threat in the Prem. That and set piece delivery would be the main chinks in Emis armour. Can't deny that he's got 'magic in his feet' though. Who was Alex Neil describing when he used that phrase? On the tip of my tongue but also lost in my foggy head.

it was a tongue in cheek comment aimed at the naysayers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Who was Alex Neil describing when he used that phrase? On the tip of my tongue but also lost in my foggy head.

Oliveira, iirc. 

Emi has some of the best stats in the division. Think he is by far our best player / most saleable asset (whichever term you would choose)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chip20 said:

Oliveira, iirc. 

Correctomundo  Chippo, 'magic in his feet but a head full of shoite' would have been more accurate.

• Haha 2

My only slight problem with him is that he doesn’t seem to change games enough. Admittedly that’s probably because he’s playing in a side bottom of the league, but regardless of all the stats (and I do think he’s a very good player), I sometimes think he should be impacting games a bit more.

Most of the stick he’s got this season was for that goal when he nonchalantly tried to dribble it out from the back and lost it. He’s looked slightly frustrated at times too.   I’m not quite sure his pressing game is up to Liverpool’s style of play - and I’m not sure he is better than Shaqiri just yet.

Could be a very decent player in a strong mid table side though. Possibly even Man Utd - I’d have him in over Pogba most of the time and for a fraction of the cost!

13 hours ago, Aggy said:

My only slight problem with him is that he doesn’t seem to change games enough.

He's created more chances than any other player in the league. I think he's doing his bit...

11 hours ago, Lazza said:

He's created more chances than any other player in the league. I think he's doing his bit...

(A) who said he’s not doing his bit, (b) De Bruyne has created more according to the premier league website, (c) what sort of chances?

Everything goes through him here - he’s our best player, but he doesn’t turn a game on its head. I can’t remember very many times, certainly in the prem, where we’ve been losing or limping to a draw, and one bit of magic from Buendia has suddenly turned things around and won us a game. (Not that anyone else has done very often either.). But if he moved to a bigger club where there are equally good/better players, would he stand out as much as he has done here? 

I actually think Cantwell probably has more game-changing impact (although isn’t as good all round).

Edited by Aggy

22 minutes ago, Aggy said:

(A) who said he’s not doing his bit, (b) De Bruyne has created more according to the premier league website, (c) what sort of chances?

Everything goes through him here - he’s our best player, but he doesn’t turn a game on its head. I can’t remember very many times, certainly in the prem, where we’ve been losing or limping to a draw, and one bit of magic from Buendia has suddenly turned things around and won us a game. (Not that anyone else has done very often either.). But if he moved to a bigger club where there are equally good/better players, would he stand out as much as he has done here? 

I actually think Cantwell probably has more game-changing impact (although isn’t as good all round).

I think our meagre goal tally would look a whole lot worse without him. TC had little impact last game. 

There's one thing he does which really annoys me (& he's not the only one). It's his Wessi tribute act.

Someone, often Max, is alone & unmarked & within easy passing range & in a good attacking position.

Does Emi pass to him? Of course not. He cuts inside. Beats one player, then a second, then squeezes past a third, then...

passes to Max.

All he's done is lose momentum & allowed the opposition to regroup. Very, very annoying.

But he's still a fantastic player who's a joy to watch. It's just a bit of a shame, because with a little more awareness & nous he could be so much more - a real world class player. And, if he's got the mentality, he's young enough to become that player.

Edited by ron obvious

2 hours ago, Chumino said:

I think our meagre goal tally would look a whole lot worse without him. TC had little impact last game. 

Sorry, what has either of those sentences got to do with the post you quoted?

Have I said our goal tally wouldn’t look worse without him? Have I said Cantwell always has a blinder every game?