Sign in to follow this  
delboy

is it really worthingtons fault?

im a hammer with a soft spot for you lot as i used to run a pub in mulbarton, (the worlds end).

it strikes me that your board seem to be to blame, as is the same as what went on at our gaff, worthington took you up out of a division that and damn nearly kept you up.

unfortunately football supporters have short memories.

remember that this is the hardest division to get out of and you are still in contention for a play off berth.

there''s a long way to go yet, you need to get behind him and get at the board.

Thye''re both equally to blame, the board for not providing funds to significantly strengthen in the summer. Worthy for letting proven championship players go and getting mediocrity in.

West Ham are a different kettle of fish, when they came down they had to sell a lot of quality players and replacing them takes time. However I don''t think anyone can deny that Pardew signed some very good players for very little in the likes of Mullins, Reo-Coker, Etherington, Harewood etc. West Ham''s movement and passing the other week eclipsed anything I''ve seen from a Norwich side under Worthington and frankly that''s whay we are where we are and West Ham are holding their own in the top flight.

We nearly stayed up because we were fortunate that there were three other teams as bad as us. We didn''t win a single away game all season, on that form you''re going down. In the promotion season, we had a lot of luck and the fortune of a settled side.

If Deano does appear in claret this week then good luck to him because I can see him scoring goals in that team and having a chance of making it to Germany.

[quote user="delboy"]

there''s a long way to go yet, you need to get behind him and get at the board.

[/quote]yeah del, like your lot got behind roeder? and pardew come to that? lets face it, if pardew hadn''t have got you promoted last year, then he''d have probably got the chop in the summer, given the hammer debt posi & ending of parachute money.

West Ham play football true to their traditions and Norwich no longer do.

Worthington is to blame for the team and the Board are to blame for allowing themselves to have too close a relationship with Worthington.

The Boards off pitch development and financial support is the best I have ever known but I have never known my club to be so wasteful with money before.

roeder should never have been appointed in the first place, the only word you can use to describe him is inept. pards on the other hand was an outsider, bearing in mind we''ve only had 10 managers, it comes as a shock when a non west ham man takes the helm, he has however turned things around, but i still dont think he is or willever be fully respected.

i dont think he would have been sacked as the board couldnot have afforded the compensation, bit hard to believe the man at the helm is an accountant.