Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Todd Cantwell Instagram post

20 hours ago, Well b back said:

Going by reports looks like Liverpool is where he will end up, but not until the summer. 

He's had an impressive season but can people really envisage him getting game time for Liverpool? 

He's proved a lot of people wrong, but seriously? They are the best team in the world, better than Real Madrid and Barcelona. They are a team linked to Mbappe. 

And they'd choose him over James Maddison? Let's get real!  

Cantwell can't even break into the England U21's, got one cap and was then dropped. 

I think this paper talk is just getting silly. 

• Like 1

Liverpool gave a debut to Minamino this week so I'm not sure they'll want another midfielder this window. Arteta is not expecting to do much according to reports and I think he is more likely to go for experienced players given the Arsenal demand for trophies. Solksjaer seems to be in an out of favour at United. Todd might have to be patient, keep working hard on his game, particularly his passing. If Duda signs that will be added competition for him to deal with.

7 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

I hear what you're saying but let's just get the millennial thing straight.

That term can even apply to people born in late 1980! The reason for the term is that they were still a teen, or in their formative years, before the turn of the millennium.

Well said, Todd is into generation Z, being born after 1996. Millenials are roughly 24-39 year olds currently. I don't think the poster you quoted was doing it, but it does bug me that a lot of people use the term wrongly to deride young people, often meaning teenagers, when older millenials are pushing 40.

On topic. To agree with Pugin, I think many hugely talented ambitious young footballers would have done exactly this throughout time, if social media had existed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's had an impressive season but can people really envisage him getting game time for Liverpool? 

He's proved a lot of people wrong, but seriously? They are the best team in the world, better than Real Madrid and Barcelona. They are a team linked to Mbappe. 

And they'd choose him over James Maddison? Let's get real!  

Cantwell can't even break into the England U21's, got one cap and was then dropped. 

I think this paper talk is just getting silly. 

Interestingly it’s not just paper talk, it’s bbc, it’s the journalists that have ties to Liverpool themselves, archant bringing it to people’s attention and Liverpool fans. We will see. A young English midfielder that will probably score double figures in the EPL, playing for a team that could well get relegated is a very desirable player ?. He is a determined young man, many would have fallen apart after some of the abuse he got last year. 

Can’t see Liverpool myself. I don’t think he’s been quite that good. Wolves is an interesting shout, I could possibly see that. Maybe even Maddison’s replacement at Leicester if he decides to move on (although I think he’d be crazy to leave Leicester for another season or two at least!). 

As for the Instagram post, looks to me like he’s just googled “motivational quotes” and plucked for that one....

The Boy works hard always has done 

when he was 13/14 in the close season when other players i know were  having taking it easy etc  ( school holidays ) Todd was out running etc to stay fit and to get stronger for next season ,

i would even argue that some of them were just a good  at that age in the same team never made it