Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Todd Cantwell Instagram post

From approx. 40 mins ago. Lots of comments from City fans freaking out.

I'm not sure it means more than a pumped up, 'let's go' post myself, but I've been wrong before on transfers. 

Could be absolutely nothing. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping there's nothing in it.

But we all know there are some who wish the opposite...

PS: Make of it what you will. Just don't shoot the messenger

SmartSelect_20200108-195125_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Flying Dutchman

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Going by reports looks like Liverpool is where he will end up, but not until the summer. 

I think it’s a little naive to think he’ll end up at a Liverpool. I think it’s either an agent attempting to drum up interest or the club using the media to drive up his value. 

It's an orange background. That's the hidden clue. It must be Wolves.

34 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

From approx. 40 mins ago. Lots of comments from City fans freaking out.

I'm not sure it means more than a pumped up, 'let's go' post myself, but I've been wrong before on transfers. 

Could be absolutely nothing. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping there's nothing in it.

But we all know there are some who wish the opposite...

PS: Make of it what you will. Just don't shoot the messenger

SmartSelect_20200108-195125_Instagram.jpg

Is it a modelling job in the new Freemans catalogue?

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Is it a modelling job in the new Freemans catalogue?

Littlewoods catalogue, Liverpool innit. 

1 minute ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

What a ** he is, the sooner we get shot of the narcissist the better 

The lack of self-awareness is strong in this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I think it’s a little naive to think he’ll end up at a Liverpool. I think it’s either an agent attempting to drum up interest or the club using the media to drive up his value. 

Lots of naive reporting then ? 7 or 8 different places reporting Liverpool have now overtaken Man City, Man Utd, Spurs and WHU for his signature in the summer for in excess of £30m, but Cantwell wants to stay till the summer to help Norwich avoid relegation.

Just now, Well b back said:

Lots of naive reporting then ? 7 or 8 different places reporting Liverpool have now overtaken Man City, Man Utd, Spurs and WHU for his signature in the summer for in excess of £30m, but Cantwell wants to stay till the summer to help Norwich avoid relegation.

The number of places reporting a story is not an sign of how true it is. 

The assumption rooted in his posting is that wherever he knows he is going he isn't there yet. Otherwise he'd be posting "here I am" 😛

He always posts gumph like that.  

In posts he comes across quite badly, those who know him say he is a good lad.

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

It's an orange background. That's the hidden clue. It must be Wolves.

I think you're right. Except he wants to become US Secretary of State.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Number9 said:

He always posts gumph like that.  

In posts he comes across quite badly, those who know him say he is a good lad.

Todd or Jobbo?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

He quite likes to post motivational type stuff so nothing to see here!

Aye, and I think it is aimed at a younger audience who appreciate someone their own age mentoring team. 

• Like 2

I know what I want and I know where it is so I'm going to get it.

Probably off to buy something in Argos since Onel told him how good it was

Do you know what? I have never seen Todd post anything that a 21 year old Duncan Forbes might not have posted, had he been born 50 years later than he was. Think about it.

Hard to imagine, but people seen keen to misconstrue what Todd says by applying their own agenda. It is 2020. He is (virtually) a millennial. Times change. Ways of expression change. Todd is personally and socially aware and he is working his way to the top every day through blood, sweat and tears because there are no shortcuts. That's what brings success. It doesn't matter if you are Duncan Forbes or Todd Cantwell.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Do you know what? I have never seen Todd post anything that a 21 year old Duncan Forbes might not have posted, had he been born 50 years later than he was. Think about it.

Hard to imagine, but people seen keen to misconstrue what Todd says by applying their own agenda. It is 2020. He is (virtually) a millennial. Times change. Ways of expression change. Todd is personally and socially aware and he is working his way to the top every day through blood, sweat and tears because there are no shortcuts. That's what brings success. It doesn't matter if you are Duncan Forbes or Todd Cantwell.

I hear what you're saying but let's just get the millennial thing straight.

That term can even apply to people born in late 1980! The reason for the term is that they were still a teen, or in their formative years, before the turn of the millennium.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Yep

I understand he even spent most of his end of season time off each day at Conley working on everything he considered a weakness. He wants to get to the top and will do whatever it takes. It maybe that top levels out at Norwich, it maybe that top is at Barcelona, who knows, but unlike most he is working his socks of to be the best he can be. Fair play to him I say and if he reaches the top I wonder how many of those that criticised him will be saying why are we selling our best players.

• Like 1