Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

A dead deal!!

Deal dead and buried read DH comments from Sporting Life.

However, Huckerby''s view was a different one, saying he was "upset and a little let down" by Norwich''s conduct.

In a statement, Huckerby said: "Both myself and my agent understood and accepted what sacrifices I had to make in order for this deal to go through, following our initial meeting with officials from the club last Friday.

"Indeed, Kevin Keegan was also prepared to help further in order to facilitate this move.

"I also spurned the opportunity to speak to more than one other club that wanted my services in order that I concentrated on trying to help reach an agreement to play for Norwich.

"However, it became clear, first last night and again this morning, that Norwich were expecting more manoeuvrability from myself and Manchester City than they were prepared to do themselves, to the point where I have been forced to ask the question: just how much did Norwich want me in the first place?"

Huckerby revealed he wanted to get his side of the story across to the Norwich fans who impressed him during his short time at the club.

He added: "I wanted to express this feeling because of the excellent rapport that I have had with the Canaries'' fans during my three months at the club.

"There was certainly no more that we could be expected to do to make this move happen and my one regret is that I won''t be playing in front of them more regularly."