Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Given up

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Those same accounts for 2016/17 also show a payoff to Alex Neil of £4 million.

Now it’s adding up. Who else was on the gravy train ? 

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

£750k for 6 months.

Cheers, ouch. Dunno , but most of our players don't get paid that much do they. 

Remember as well Balls was paid around £100k when he stood in as CEO for 3 months even though he himself stated he did not want it yet Delia insisted.

I am afraid i don't know how much the Man from Mulbarton trousered when Webber showed him the door. 😜

10 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Perhaps. But then every time we are in a relegation fight, even prior to VAR, we point to small decisions, poor refs, etc.. 
It is what fans do when they feel the rub of the green isn't with them when, in fact, they are consistently losing out in games because they are struggling to dominate. Everything then comes down to fine margins. The hard truth is that we seem too lightweight against the big bully boy sides and not quite skilful enough against the top sides. What was needed were a couple of big athletic players to give us some grit and better defenders to shore us up at the back. A defence that leaked plenty in the Champs, and two to Preston this weekend, were never going to cut it at the top level.

100% agree DC. And by defense I mean the entire team, not just the four at the back. The "spine" has not been strong enough. 

How we did not win against Wolves is beyond me. But it came down to we scored one goal instead of three before half time. 

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Those same accounts for 2016/17 also show a payoff to Alex Neil of £4 million.

And that is exactly  what makes footy a unique  business  .

35 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

All those former members of staff you’re talking about were paid what was owed to them according to their contracts.

Just like Naismith then who everybody has been spitting feathers over.

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Meanwhile at another club in the same division as us............

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/07/chelsea-sacking-antonio-conte-cost-26m-accounts-roman-abramovich-danny-drinkwater

£27 million!!! Jeez.........................

Another comment here at a slight tangent to the above Thirsty, but Sky had a brief feature on yearly sponsorship values and the top 6 get over £40m a year (Man Utd getting £75m). Just shows the gulf. Our shirt sponsorship with Dafabet is worth £3m a year.

38 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Another comment here at a slight tangent to the above Thirsty, but Sky had a brief feature on yearly sponsorship values and the top 6 get over £40m a year (Man Utd getting £75m). Just shows the gulf. Our shirt sponsorship with Dafabet is worth £3m a year.

Yes - the financial gulf between clubs at the top and bottom of the division is far, far greater in the Premier League than in any of the other divisions. 

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

£75 million a year!!!???? F ing hell! And they’re still ****! 

Edited by JF

And funding to Chelsea has increased this year by £247m. That’s not what it costs to run the club, that’s the increase. How long would that last us for?

It begs the question what does Abramovich do it for, given that he hasn’t even been to see them play for 20 months.

26m to replace Conte and his cohorts. Making it over 90m on sacking managers.

What's the average spend on such things?

BTW, whatever the man from mulbarton cost his legacy helped us to where we are now.

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

BTW, whatever the man from mulbarton cost his legacy helped us to where we are now.

Do you include a run down Colney not fit for purpose in that legacy ? Obviously Webber had other ideas to you on that legacy as he showed him the door after only 3 days of having a look at what was going on at the Academy.

Edited by TIL 1010

45 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Do you include a run down Colney not fit for purpose in that legacy ? Obviously Webber had other ideas to you on that legacy as he showed him the door after only 3 days of having a look at what was going on at the Academy.

No, Colney was rundown because of Bowkett and McNally's policy of spending every available penny on the first team. This policy was explained fully to us at agms and fans meetings.

While I assume you now don't agree with that policy you, like the rest of us, said nothing at the time.

Edited by nutty nigel

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No, Colney was rundown because of Bowkett and McNally's policy of spending every available penny on the first team. This policy was explained fully to us at agms and fans meetings.

While I assume you now don't agree with that policy you, like the rest of us, said nothing at the time.

I think you will find that i was critical of McNally and certainly The Man from Mulbarton long before they left the club and it was you who were fawning over McNally  when he pitched up in The Nelson a few times and when TMFM pressed the flesh up at Colney. If your theory is right about Colney it does beg the question why Webber did what he did after only being here 3 days.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think you will find that i was critical of McNally and certainly The Man from Mulbarton long before they left the club and it was you who were fawning over McNally  when he pitched up in The Nelson a few times and when TMFM pressed the flesh up at Colney. If your theory is right about Colney it does beg the question why Webber did what he did after only being here 3 days.

You do realise that I have never spoken to or even set eyes on McNally in The Nelson? I guess as with the rest of it your memory isn't too reliable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You do realise that I have never spoken to or even set eyes on McNally in The Nelson? I guess as with the rest of it your memory isn't too reliable.

This is getting interesting.

I'm sure I recall (and it featured on this forum a few years ago) some of the Nelsonettes cooing over Mr Mac imbibing with their collective in the Nelson.....?

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I'm sure I recall (and it featured on this forum a few years ago) some of the Nelsonettes cooing over Mr Mac imbibing with their collective in the Nelson.....?

Imagine if Delia had turned up with him. The queue would have been huge to purchase her a soft drink.

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Well glad it was not just me who recalled it.

McNally appeared to be a massive drunk, so his being in pubs shouldn't be surprising I guess.

When Webber said that the previous regime had "pi$$ed" a load of money up the wall he probably meant literally!

Anyway. All that is over. Why must we have the in-fighting on this forum??! It gets a bit much, especially seeing as though not everyone is au fait with the goings on on this board over the past 15 years or whatever.

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well glad it was not just me who recalled it.

Yes I remember it too. It's the bit where I was fawning over him that I don't remember. Because I wasn't there. However the fawning is documented on various places on this message board. Including this one..

• TIL 1010
  • Members
  • 18,486 posts

We got £2 million cash up front for a player who had six different injuries last season and who missed 119 days training.

Source....David McNally Nelson Hotel bar last night.

There is also a reference to him being in there in May 2014. Seems strange that as you go in the Nelson after virtually every home game selective memory seems to have kicked in Nutty.

Yes i obviously saw him in there but was never included in the drinks he or others bought. He usually appeared with his wife who took a back seat when those fawning surrounded him to engage in conversation. I recall saying to her that she must get fed up with it all everytime they go out and he is recognised by City fans but she very politely said it was all part and parcel of the job.

Please don't confuse fawning with stating something he said. I take it you have conveniently forgot or have chosen not to print my criticisms of him during the later stages of his reign ?

Edited by TIL 1010

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes I remember it too. It's the bit where I was fawning over him that I don't remember. Because I wasn't there. However the fawning is documented on various places on this message board. Including this one..

• TIL 1010
  • Members
  • 18,486 posts

We got £2 million cash up front for a player who had six different injuries last season and who missed 119 days training.

Source....David McNally Nelson Hotel bar last night.

That was Pilkington? It is true some posters did decide some years into his time as CEO that McNally had flaws as well as good points, but I can only remember one poster who took that balanced view from very early on.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

There is also a reference to him being in there in May 2014. Seems strange that as you go in the Nelson after virtually every home game selective memory seems to have kicked in Nutty.

Yes i obviously saw him in there but was never included in the drinks he or others bought. He usually appeared with his wife who took a back seat when those fawning surrounded him to engage in conversation. I recall saying to her that she must get fed up with it all everytime they go out and he is recognised by City fans but she very politely said it was all part and parcel of the job.

Yes everytime I wasn't there. The reason being that it always happened after I'd left.

Yet you remember me there???

Was your memory this reliable in front of the beak....

• Haha 1