Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Given up

Sounds like Daniel farke has resigned himself to being in the championship next season , can’t blame him with no money to spend and like he says who would want to come here now. Sad situation really  I think he will do his best but any more injuries or  suspensions and it will be a real struggle . 

I mean that's certainly one take on it.

But no, he's not saying he's giving up in any which way. Odd that you'd come to that conclusion really.

4 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Sounds like Daniel farke has resigned himself to being in the championship next season , can’t blame him with no money to spend and like he says who would want to come here now. Sad situation really  I think he will do his best but any more injuries or  suspensions and it will be a real struggle . 

You’ll be reprimanded for that statement later.

It is pretty clear that the board gave up on this season before a ball was kicked. They chose to take the money, avoid risking another Naismith type situation and plan to bounce back on the second time of asking. If it works all well and good. But it is just as likely, if not more, that we will go down, lose players and momentum, choke and fail to be promoted. And this will then lead to further exodus, Webber leaving and being back at stage one. But with less debt. For a season or two.... Guess we better hope they do bounce back up straight away and that the board then finally decide to actually spend enough in a summer window to give us a fighting chance. Something which has never yet happened on promotion. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

If anyone’s choking, it’s the miserablists who have already decided we’re down. 

Oh come on, survival now and we'd all be calling it a miracle! 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It is pretty clear that the board gave up on this season before a ball was kicked. They chose to take the money, avoid risking another Naismith type situation and plan to bounce back on the second time of asking. If it works all well and good. But it is just as likely, if not more, that we will go down, lose players and momentum, choke and fail to be promoted. And this will then lead to further exodus, Webber leaving and being back at stage one. But with less debt. For a season or two.... Guess we better hope they do bounce back up straight away and that the board then finally decide to actually spend enough in a summer window to give us a fighting chance. Something which has never yet happened on promotion. 

We have the best owners in English football.This is the best message board in the world too so why be so negative? 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Oh come on, survival now and we'd all be calling it a miracle! 

Agreed, it would be unprecedented, but not yet impossible. Giving up in January is no way to support our club.

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Agreed, it would be unprecedented, but not yet impossible. Giving up in January is no way to support our club.

That's the spirit! Yet I feel that Farke is being realistic , his team stand just about no chance , I mean the odds are well and truly against them and there is no help from the miserly board...

With the right financial backing I believe farke could be a top manager . I would be surprised if he stays at the end of the season if we go down. I would love us to survive and will give city as I have done for over 40 years my full support . Just think we need a centre half and striker now sbeny is on his way . 

• Like 1

Realistically we have every right to give up, but the players,coaches etc are paid to play and coach, they arent paid to stay in the league(although I'm sure there are bonuses for that)

I expect everyone to give 100% regardless of chances of success.

• Like 1

The club as a whole gave up before a ball was kicked. Bonus season for them. Bank the cash. If we get lucky and stay up so much the better.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

The club as a whole gave up before a ball was kicked. Bonus season for them. Bank the cash. If we get lucky and stay up so much the better.

There you go again Jim...........

If we stay up it will be because we 'got lucky' 😂🤣

11 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

With the right financial backing I believe farke could be a top manager . I would be surprised if he stays at the end of the season if we go down. I would love us to survive and will give city as I have done for over 40 years my full support . Just think we need a centre half and striker now sbeny is on his way . 

That is my gripe. My overall frustration is not over the prospect of a return to the championship, which I actually like as a division. My frustration is that we have- for the first time in ages- got a really special manager and a good young team and we are not making the most of this rarest of combinations. We have chosen, instead, to look a gift horse in the mouth. 

I believe a modest risk in financial backing in the summer would have secured our place in the premiership this season. We can all see how close we are, and yet how far! Then this team could have added a couple more and onwards and upwards. 

But without that backing we have left our manager with an impossible task (which must frustrate him more than us) and thus lacked the necessary depth and class on the pitch to give it a shot. Only  by two or three decent signings take note, and this is absolutely tragic. Because it will inevitably lead to dropped heads, exits and the breaking up of what we have.

Sure we will have loads of money to spend if we go down- but remove the manager and what of it? Plenty of teams have had cash but poorer managers, etc... Indeed we had exactly that when we blew millions buying every AMC on offer and Naismith, et al...

So back to my bottom line. Really frustrating to see one of the best management playing teams of all NCFC time being given no backing. It seems very short sighted. I think the fans have EVERY reason to call the board out on the enormous risk they are taking in letting us bounce down again. Of course it could work...but it is just as likely, more I think, that it wont. Then the wheels will come off and poor little old Norwich will once again be left asking what if? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

VAR makes us want to give up. I cant recall 1 decision gone our way 

For a start, we’d be four points better off from the Christmas games without Video Assisted Relegation.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

For a start, we’d be four points better off from the Christmas games without Video Assisted Relegation.

Perhaps. But then every time we are in a relegation fight, even prior to VAR, we point to small decisions, poor refs, etc.. 
It is what fans do when they feel the rub of the green isn't with them when, in fact, they are consistently losing out in games because they are struggling to dominate. Everything then comes down to fine margins. The hard truth is that we seem too lightweight against the big bully boy sides and not quite skilful enough against the top sides. What was needed were a couple of big athletic players to give us some grit and better defenders to shore us up at the back. A defence that leaked plenty in the Champs, and two to Preston this weekend, were never going to cut it at the top level.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’ll be reprimanded for that statement later.

He has already by the look of it.

8 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So back to my bottom line. Really frustrating to see one of the best management playing teams of all NCFC time being given no backing. It seems very short sighted. I think the fans have EVERY reason to call the board out on the enormous risk they are taking in letting us bounce down again. Of course it could work...but it is just as likely, more I think, that it wont. Then the wheels will come off and poor little old Norwich will once again be left asking what if? 

The management knew the situation when they came to the club, so they have no reason to be frustrated at anything.

There may be some money because it wasn't spent in the summer - but the reasons for that money being there is because particular targets of ours could not be bought in the summer - and crucially, Farke/Webber did not want to spend the money for the sake of it. They have very specific requirements in a player and if the ones they wanted were not available, or who went to other clubs, better to save the money until they can get the right players. 

So what is this "calling out the board" and "poor little old norwich" stuff?  People don't seem to understand - relative to previous relegations, if we go down, we will be in the best place possible to strengthen and come again.  We are no longer a basket case with huge expensive contracts on has been players - quite the opposite - no big exodus just to balance the books. If we go down we will be able to build even stronger and even better than Farke has done so far. If we stay up, we will be in that same place - being able to build stronger and better.

It's a win, win situation. I understand people don't like being bottom - none of us do - but there is a kind of positivity around the club  that those that can't see it, should maybe ask themselves why they can't see it.  Maybe people need to forget the league table, watch the football for what it is, rather than mither about our position - and just enjoy the ride. There is no shame in being in the bottom three - have you looked at all the other teams? There are none who are in anyway bad clubs playing bad football, no weak links, no stand out clubs that you might think "they are for the drop". That applies to us too - we are playing good football - and if we somehow manage to get back to the pack, we will be in there with the rest of them - 20 good clubs in a very competitive league.

• Like 2

The key thing that has done for us this year is immaturity at this level. We didn't plan to be this high, this quickly and it shows.

I don't believe it's as simple as we aren't as strong as some teams and not as skilful as the rest. What it comes down to is that the team isn't mentally assured enough to impose our game on the opposition for long enough; bigger sides draw us into a running match and more footballing sides tempt us into playing openly to try and take advantage.

It's an experience issue both on the coaching side and on the playing staff. Given that before this season our squad had a total of just 139 PL appearances (with over half just being Alex Tettey) it's not that surprising- disappointing, but not surprising.

At the end of the day, Stuart Webber is a fiercely ambitious guy; he walked away from Huddersfield because they scrapped their academy and that wasnt to his liking. I can't believe for a second that he would spend so little towards survival this year unless there was a very, very good reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have not given up on Norwich City although I believe we will be relegated, lets be straight here, it will be a miracle if we stay up........but to say Daniel Farke has given up, based on that interview is the biggest load of horse scheisse ever, absolutely laughable.......

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

The key thing that has done for us this year is immaturity at this level. We didn't plan to be this high, this quickly and it shows.

I don't believe it's as simple as we aren't as strong as some teams and not as skilful as the rest. What it comes down to is that the team isn't mentally assured enough to impose our game on the opposition for long enough; bigger sides draw us into a running match and more footballing sides tempt us into playing openly to try and take advantage.

It's an experience issue both on the coaching side and on the playing staff. Given that before this season our squad had a total of just 139 PL appearances (with over half just being Alex Tettey) it's not that surprising- disappointing, but not surprising.

At the end of the day, Stuart Webber is a fiercely ambitious guy; he walked away from Huddersfield because they scrapped their academy and that wasnt to his liking. I can't believe for a second that he would spend so little towards survival this year unless there was a very, very good reason.

Very good post. We lack experience and streetwiseness at this level. 

Agree to about Webber.....surely if they didn’t accept the financial situation as genuine then he and Farke would be long gone. 

Thirsty Lizard...If we stay up you object to it being called lucky? Ok, it will be great planning & effort... if we go down is it therefore bad planning and a lack of effort because you'd presumably be offended if it was called unlucky?

I think Farke will be back in the German top flight next year. He has done as much as he can with the model he is operating under & whilst his stock is high, he'd be a fool not to take an opportunity to really show how good he is, plus with his Boss already committed to leaving.....

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

That is my gripe. My overall frustration is not over the prospect of a return to the championship, which I actually like as a division. My frustration is that we have- for the first time in ages- got a really special manager and a good young team and we are not making the most of this rarest of combinations. We have chosen, instead, to look a gift horse in the mouth. 

I believe a modest risk in financial backing in the summer would have secured our place in the premiership this season. We can all see how close we are, and yet how far! Then this team could have added a couple more and onwards and upwards. 

But without that backing we have left our manager with an impossible task (which must frustrate him more than us) and thus lacked the necessary depth and class on the pitch to give it a shot. Only  by two or three decent signings take note, and this is absolutely tragic. Because it will inevitably lead to dropped heads, exits and the breaking up of what we have.

Sure we will have loads of money to spend if we go down- but remove the manager and what of it? Plenty of teams have had cash but poorer managers, etc... Indeed we had exactly that when we blew millions buying every AMC on offer and Naismith, et al...

I have to agree DCB . But there's a good point being made about the money just not being there ... This promotion was unexpected. But I agree that there should have been some more in the kitty , even if this would have been a risk on the financial side

26 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Very good post. We lack experience and streetwiseness at this level. 

Agree to about Webber.....surely if they didn’t accept the financial situation as genuine then he and Farke would be long gone. 

Webber is already committed to leaving

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Thirsty Lizard...If we stay up you object to it being called lucky? Ok, it will be great planning & effort... if we go down is it therefore bad planning and a lack of effort because you'd presumably be offended if it was called unlucky?

I think Farke will be back in the German top flight next year. He has done as much as he can with the model he is operating under & whilst his stock is high, he'd be a fool not to take an opportunity to really show how good he is, plus with his Boss already committed to leaving.....

As I've explained before Kenny, I've been watching Norwich for 48 seasons now and during that time I've seen us relegated and promoted a number of times - perhaps that's why I'm relatively relaxed at the prospect of us getting relegated this season. 

At the beginning of this season the odds of us getting relegated were about Evens. Therefore I'm not in the least surprised that we're struggling. I'm even less surprised because what we're attempting to do this season is basically to defy the laws of football physics. We've spent so little compared to all the other clubs in the Premier League that it's little short of a miracle that we're being as competitive as we are. When you then add in the horrendous injury list we had earlier in the season and the stitch ups we've received from VAR it's even more of a miracle. 

On Friday I'll be going up to Colney to watch our U23s and in a couple of weeks I'll be going to watch our U18s play Man Utd in the FA Youth Cup. We've got some serious talent coming through from The Academy - we've got a LONG TERM plan - I'm happy with that and I'm not going to get all bent out of shape if we get relegated from the toughest league in the word having spent the football equivalent of 2 and sixpence. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

I won't be surprised if he stays, I'm 100% confident he'll be here.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

There is a very good reason why so little has been spent this season. It's been public knowledge for months.

Even DF has said it will take a miracle. We can say as much as we want on here and pretend the players will be affected but if we ignore all the old cliches, I am sure with their coach talking about miracles, then the players must have talked about it.

It isn't disloyal to think we are going down. And I am happy that some think we still have a chance of staying up. It won't affect the playing style or results.