Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Under 23s Win 4-3 at Middlesbrough

Good result for the Under 23s tonight - winning 4-3 away at Middlesbrough.

Goals from Jordan Thomas, Shae Hutchinson, Josh Martin and an own goal. 

The majority of our team on the night are still eligible for our U18s.

Think that for one U23 game, just for a laugh, we should put out a team with Lewis, Aarons, Godfrey, Cantwell, Buendia and Idah in it. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The U23s are getting better and better as the season goes on. So good to see so many talented young players coming through, just like when we were having our best times in the top league. 

Josh Martin ia a top prospect, how do you rate Hutchinson? An amazing story after his transplant. 

Yes, Hutchinson is one of a number of very good prospects and as you say it's a great story that he's doing so well after his transplant. I've only seen him play live once and he certainly looked decent on that occasion. I loved the way he took his goal last night - went past their last man like he wasn't there and then a lovely composed finish. 

On 07/01/2020 at 19:03, curious yellow said:

The U23s are getting better and better as the season goes on. So good to see so many talented young players coming through, just like when we were having our best times in the top league. 

Josh Martin ia a top prospect, how do you rate Hutchinson? An amazing story after his transplant. 

Just back from the U23s 2-1 win over Villa at Colney curious yellow. Hutchinson scored both our goals and I was very impressed. He's seriously quick and makes excellent runs off the ball. His first came when he burned past their central defender to get to a ball over the top before stroking it past the keeper. His second came when he latched on to an underhit back pass, rounded the keeper and squeezed it in from a tight angle. He could have had more - there were three or four occasions where he made excellent runs and would have been through one-on-one if a team mate could have found the right pass. 

Josh Martin was also really good again - he oozes class. 

• Thanks 1

Pleasing to see that our U23s seem to be really finding some form of late on the back of course of the U18s doing well in the youth cup tie recently. I guess with so many of them being so young and a few being new its taken them a while to find their feet this season but they seem to be kicking on very strongly.

I like the way Hutchinson seems to play on the shoulder of the last defender and appears composed when 1 on 1. Martin has obviously caught the eye as well. From what i've seen previously Hondermark looks like he's got the attributes to be a player as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Just back from the U23s 2-1 win over Villa at Colney curious yellow. Hutchinson scored both our goals and I was very impressed. He's seriously quick and makes excellent runs off the ball. His first came when he burned past their central defender to get to a ball over the top before stroking it past the keeper. His second came when he latched on to an underhit back pass, rounded the keeper and squeezed it in from a tight angle. He could have had more - there were three or four occasions where he made excellent runs and would have been through one-on-one if a team mate could have found the right pass. 

Josh Martin was also really good again - he oozes class. 

Cheers TL, you are a true fan. 

It's great to see such young players making such a rapid progression. It's going to attract young talented kids to our club, especially as so many are getting a chance in the first team. 

Who do you think will take over from Idah? Have you seen much of Dickson-Peters?