Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

DJ Thrills the Crowds.....

Our very own Diallang Jaiyesimi that is. Currently out on loan at League 2 table toppers Swindon Town.

Number 27 for Swindon -  great goal here at 1.13.

2 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Hopefully Diallang can get back to full fitness. I think we signed him about the same time as Ben Godfrey.

Yes - he got a bad injury - ACL I think - when on loan at Yeovil last season. 

Great turn, move and strike.

Loved also the slight falling-short of the target and huge bobble to get it in the back of the net. Was like a little tribute to the standard of the league, don’t take the p or act all billy big-time and all that.

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Great turn, move and strike.

Loved also the slight falling-short of the target and huge bobble to get it in the back of the net. Was like a little tribute to the standard of the league, don’t take the p or act all billy big-time and all that.

Don't talk to Bryan Gunn and Robert Ullathorne about 'huge bobbles'......................😐

• Sad 1

On 06/01/2020 at 17:09, Thirsty Lizard said:

Our very own Diallang Jaiyesimi that is. Currently out on loan at League 2 table toppers Swindon Town.

Number 27 for Swindon -  great goal here at 1.13.

First game being deployed in the central position behind the striker and the manager was  raving after his performance 

He's been with us for four years now and is 21 going on 22, so unless he's a very late bloomer I think he's unlikely to make it with us. Still, with a good run of form at Swindon he might be considered as a squad member for next season - he can play as a winger, a number 10 or up top.

How is it that the Plymouth keeper is wearing the same colour as Swindon players.

Edited by stewfil

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's been with us for four years now and is 21 going on 22, so unless he's a very late bloomer I think he's unlikely to make it with us. Still, with a good run of form at Swindon he might be considered as a squad member for next season - he can play as a winger, a number 10 or up top.

As mentioned above Wolfie he was ruled out for about 9 months with an ACL injury which will have obviously held him back. There's still time - a certain Ian Wright didn't even sign for Arsenal until 3 months before his 22nd birthday. He played non-league football in South London (just like Diallang) until then. 

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

As mentioned above Wolfie he was ruled out for about 9 months with an ACL injury which will have obviously held him back. There's still time - a certain Ian Wright didn't even sign for Arsenal until 3 months before his 22nd birthday. He played non-league football in South London (just like Diallang) until then. 

Either side of that injury his goalscoring stats are hardly impressive. Let's hope he can really kick on between now and the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Either side of that injury his goalscoring stats are hardly impressive. Let's hope he can really kick on between now and the end of the season.

Indeed. 

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's been used as a winger, perhaps he has now found his best position. No lack of skill but the injury has been a major setback. 

Great determination to get back in contention. 

8 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Arsenal signed Ian Wright 2 months before his 28th Birthday!

8 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Arsenal signed Ian Wright 2 months before his 28th Birthday!

Sorry, slip of the typing finger - I meant Palace obviously. 

15 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

His manager is raving about his latest performance "Premiership class" 

He was giving him a bollocking last week for using too many ‘tricks and flicks’. 

DJ’s contract is up in the summer, I doubt the club would have let it run down this far if they intended on keeping him. The player’s sudden improvement might be related to the realisation he will be without a club in a few months.

I had hoped he’d come good at Norwich as he was picked up from Dulwich Hamlet. I believe the transfer clauses meant Norwich would pay more if he made appearances etc. Dulwich could certainly use the money. 

38 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He was giving him a bollocking last week for using too many ‘tricks and flicks’. 

DJ’s contract is up in the summer, I doubt the club would have let it run down this far if they intended on keeping him. The player’s sudden improvement might be related to the realisation he will be without a club in a few months.

I had hoped he’d come good at Norwich as he was picked up from Dulwich Hamlet. I believe the transfer clauses meant Norwich would pay more if he made appearances etc. Dulwich could certainly use the money. 

I thought we had an option for another year on it?

34 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I thought we had an option for another year on it?

I think we have, if we weren't interested in keeping him, we would probably have offloaded rather than loaned.

The problem has been the injury but he now looks our best player out on loan 

4 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

There’s an option for another year 

14 hours ago, curious yellow said:

I think we have, if we weren't interested in keeping him, we would probably have offloaded rather than loaned.

The problem has been the injury but he now looks our best player out on loan 

Just by the stats Gilmour looks to be doing well in the Dutch second tier.