Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WD40

Aarons £15m 😂

Recommended Posts

....as Greavsie used to say, 'if you don't shoot you don't score' but £15m must be a Steips shot!    If we sold any of (Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, Buendia, or Pukki, and Cantwell) for under £40 mill, would be an outrage in today's market..... as they have said, we don't need to sell, the players have good (long) contracts and opportunity to improve and develop.    No reason for the club not to put an extra £10mill on the price if clubs want them.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Its an opening gambit. We ask 40m, they come back with 15m, so if a sale were to be done they would be expecting to agree somehwere in the middle.....around 27/28m.   Not enough, but with add ons and sell on clauses that could go to over 30m.  I dare say that would be tempting....but as has been said many times we don't need to sell anyone and moving mid-season is not a good idea for a player - in all likelihood he would be going from a first team start every week to sitting on the bench, having to get to know new teamates, have to deal with Mourinho (wouldn't wish that on anyone) and get used to new surroundings.  Far better for him and us to wait until the end of the season. If we stay up, we may be able to keep him anyway.

 

Edited by lake district canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be incredibly surprised and disappointed if we get any less than £30-35m given his contract length, obvious talent at this level, further future potential and supposed interest from every top club in the country. Don’t for one minute believe Webber would allow it either. He’s a clever man 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Its an opening gambit. We ask 40m, they come back with 15m, so if a sale were to be done they would be expecting to agree somehwere in the middle.....around 27/28m.   Not enough, but with add ons and sell on clauses that could go to over 30m.  I dare say that would be tempting....but as has been said many times we don't need to sell anyone and moving mid-season is not a good idea for a player - in all likelihood he would be going from a first team start every week to sitting on the bench, having to get to know new teamates, have to deal with Mourinho (wouldn't wish that on anyone) and get used to new surroundings.  Far better for him and us to wait until the end of the season. If we stay up, we may be able to keep him anyway.

 

If he finds himself behind Serge Aurier he might as well give up football 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolves just slapped a 70 mil prce tag on Traore. In these times I see Max and Emi as our best assets. Slap a huge price tag on if they must go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club has said we don't need to sell so I don't expect them too. If we sell Emi now we may as give up and start assembling the squad for a return to the Championship.

£35m minimum for Aarons this transfer window thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We absolutely should be asking the same as Wan Bissaka, or around that fee. Jeez, he’s been outstanding in the Premier League at only 19 years old, just imagine how good he will be in a few years time?! There is no gamble on the lads ability, and that’s what these clubs are paying for - must be north of £35mil Daniel Levy you utter joke!

But I sincerely hope we keep him and all our best young players this summer, recruit wisely and see where it takes us next season - let’s not get so close but yet so far for once, it’s our best chance to do something really special!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

....as Greavsie used to say, 'if you don't shoot you don't score' but £15m must be a Steips shot!    If we sold any of (Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, Buendia, or Pukki, and Cantwell) for under £40 mill, would be an outrage in today's market..... as they have said, we don't need to sell, the players have good (long) contracts and opportunity to improve and develop.    No reason for the club not to put an extra £10mill on the price if clubs want them.   

Although I can see that each of those players have obvious talent, I still find it difficult to accept or compute that we in some way have £120m worth of talent in our defence considering the number of goals we conceded in the second tier of English football, and our status as the team with the most goals in the 'against' column this season.

I think it is possible that what we actually have is three defenders with the potential to be £40m players, all of whom have obvious strengths but some very obvious weaknesses, and I actually can't see us getting £40m for any of them at this stage. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Although I can see that each of those players have obvious talent, I still find it difficult to accept or compute that we in some way have £120m worth of talent in our defence considering the number of goals we conceded in the second tier of English football, and our status as the team with the most goals in the 'against' column this season.

I think it is possible that what we actually have is three defenders with the potential to be £40m players, all of whom have obvious strengths but some very obvious weaknesses, and I actually can't see us getting £40m for any of them at this stage. 

Ultimately they're worth what people will pay for them. You're paying for future potential rather than proven ability now, and coupled with our strong financial position there's no reason why we shouldn't hold out for £40m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ultimately they're worth what people will pay for them. You're paying for future potential rather than proven ability now, and coupled with our strong financial position there's no reason why we shouldn't hold out for £40m.

I didn't say that we shouldn't "hold out for £40m", I said that I can't see us getting £40m for any of them at this stage. 

So I don't think we should sell any of them at the type of prices people will be offering us. 

But if a player decides they want out they can and often do force themselves out of a club, its extremely easy to do, they could just stop breaking a sweat in training and their positions will be untenable. Howson pretty much forced a move didn't he.

So my hope is that none of our best talents are desperate to leave, because if they are desperate to leave they will get their wish. All worth too much money to play the game we did with Nelson Oliviera. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

We absolutely should be asking the same as Wan Bissaka, or around that fee. Jeez, he’s been outstanding in the Premier League at only 19 years old, just imagine how good he will be in a few years time?! There is no gamble on the lads ability, and that’s what these clubs are paying for - must be north of £35mil Daniel Levy you utter joke!

But I sincerely hope we keep him and all our best young players this summer, recruit wisely and see where it takes us next season - let’s not get so close but yet so far for once, it’s our best chance to do something really special!

I do hope we keep this group together but relegation will prove otherwise. The best chance we had was in the summer however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
2
9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I didn't say that we shouldn't "hold out for £40m", I said that I can't see us getting £40m for any of them at this stage. 

So I don't think we should sell any of them at the type of prices people will be offering us. 

But if a player decides they want out they can and often do force themselves out of a club, its extremely easy to do, they could just stop breaking a sweat in training and their positions will be untenable. Howson pretty much forced a move didn't he.

So my hope is that none of our best talents are desperate to leave, because if they are desperate to leave they will get their wish. All worth too much money to play the game we did with Nelson Oliviera. 

I totally agree with the bit in bold, I've been saying pretty much exactly the same thing on other threads. If Max and his agent were to respond to the speculation by handing in a transfer request, that would significantly weaken our hand and we wouldn't get £40m. If Max is happy to stay, though, it'd take a bid in the region of £40m to be 'too good to refuse' (my opinion, obvs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FTW, pretty much the same, just add to this, realistically we’d be selling for around 20 million plus probably 10 million add on milestones. I can’t see us holding out to get £40 million as any decent offers will be accepted as we have Byram and probably used to add to the squad in other areas.......but it’s all speculation no offer made yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we need to remember Max ( and Jamal) walked away from Luton and waited for the right opportunity. I don’t really see either of them chucking in a transfer request at the first sign of another club coming in although I do think Max will probably leave in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is like when we bid 2m for Robbie Brady except even more of a joke and waste of everybody's time. 25m + loan back with add ons eventually totalling 40m as a bare minimum. Tottenham will not be the only game in town and we could easily hold onto him till the end of next season given his age and contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

loan back

For the last time, if he leaves in this transfer window we CANNOT LOAN HIM BACK 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to value players now.

In today's market, trying to be neutral £30m with good add ons, 15%sell on fee,eng caps etc would be fair but that makes Cantwell and buendia in the £50m+ mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

For the last time, if he leaves in this transfer window we CANNOT LOAN HIM BACK 😁

Not even for a few months ? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little ambiguity on here regarding wether we can loan Max back for the remainder of the season. If we can’t loan him back then it has to be £35M minimum for a winter sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the biggest challenge will come from player power. The lads seem to have good heads on their shoulders, but once their agents start whispering in their ears they may find their heads turned pretty quickly. More money, guarantee of continued Premier League football, a step up the career ladder to enhance any international ambitions they have. Realistically cant see many pragmatically wanting to pass that up.

Lets say Cantwell receives a £20m bid from an Everton. He's having a very good season, he might be back in the Championship in 6 months, and if his form drops off, then he might find himself considered a busted flush. Or he might get a serious injury. Many players if a bid comes in may well see it as a golden opportunity that may not come again.

The club is in a strong position, but if the individuals start to want away, especially if a big club comes in, it will be very hard to keep hold of them and keep them playing like they have been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But that’s why we put the time and money into new contracts at the start of the season GMD. No-one was about to leave, we didn’t have to give them more money or longer contracts, but we did. I’m sure the conversation would have included a reminder that we were doing it in part as a reward for the role each player had in last season, but also because we wanted to keep them, or at least ensure we get them maximum possible fee if they do go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Its an opening gambit. We ask 40m, they come back with 15m, so if a sale were to be done they would be expecting to agree somehwere in the middle.....around 27/28m.   Not enough, but with add ons and sell on clauses that could go to over 30m.  I dare say that would be tempting....but as has been said many times we don't need to sell anyone and moving mid-season is not a good idea for a player - in all likelihood he would be going from a first team start every week to sitting on the bench, having to get to know new teamates, have to deal with Mourinho (wouldn't wish that on anyone) and get used to new surroundings.  Far better for him and us to wait until the end of the season. If we stay up, we may be able to keep him anyway.

 

Your right about getting used to new surroundings. Spurs billion pound stadium looks like a right dump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

This is like when we bid 2m for Robbie Brady except even more of a joke and waste of everybody's time. 25m + loan back with add ons eventually totalling 40m as a bare minimum. Tottenham will not be the only game in town and we could easily hold onto him till the end of next season given his age and contract. 

We are in the epl so can’t get a loan back, it’s against the rules.

Also if he was at a big club we probably couldn’t afford his wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez - this loan back thing comes back to life more often than Glenn Close at the end of Fatal Attraction (those of a certain age will know what I'm on about 😉 ). 

This is from Page 220 of The Premier League Handbook 2019/20. What we refer to as a 'loan' is called 'a temporary transfer' in Premier League speak. 

 

Premier League Handbook P220 (Loans) 2019-20.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Whats more important now...... the money or the team?

If we sell players, the team is de-stabilised.   The plan relies on a constant improvement so if they sell, that should only be after they have identified and agreed a suitable quality replacement who can come straight in.....   even then selling should only be a last resort.   

If we stay up then the rest of this season and the next few should see us having a ball.   If we go down then it's up to the club to ensure that the plan continues apace.    That can only happen with these assets wearing yellow and green.

On the plus side, it was Norwich that gave them all the chance to thrive, to realise a dream and they know they have the support of a full house, a brilliant atmosphere and potential for more success.     A tad idealistic perhaps but they are on long contracts, are loved and in a good place... why leave!!!! 

Edited by ged in the onion bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...