Sign in to follow this  
Harry53

Adam and Teemu together?

We need goals, goals means more wins and points so why not consider playing 2 strikers in a 4 4 2 system?

We have nothing to lose trying this being bottom of the epl. Adam has always been prolific and would provide height and power alongside Teemu.

Midfield with Todd Emi Mario and Alex or ?

I just think Adam is too good to leave out and it takes the pressure off Teemu

Any thoughts?

I think we should continue playing the system the team is trained to play rather than make wholesale changes to accommodate a player who impressed in one cup game against a lower league sides B team.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

• Like 5

Probably more likely to have the two of them on if we are chasing a game.  Could work well though as Pukki is intelligent and can play off a front man from what I saw yesterday, so is Idah, so they should be able to play off each other well, with one of them dropping back when the other is forwards.

With the greatest respect to Idah, he will I am sure now become our second striker, however let’s see how he gets on before we change our whole system to accommodate him. Clearly he will become a great striker but the EPL is a different kettle of fish to a championship reserve team. In a way it will be good if Teemu is still injured against Manchester Utd so we can see how young Idah plays. 

Goals are not the biggest concern for us I don’t feel. Keeping them out is where our problems lie.  That’s the conundrum.

2 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

We’re very open with just one striker so having two could be a disaster. Idah has definitely staked his claim to be Teemu’s understudy.

This. We'll only see the two on the pitch together if we are behind, or so far in front that we do it for fun.......or some kind of emergency. I dont expect any change in the way we play.  Although having said all that, I know Idah can play on the left or right of a front three too, so , possibilities.

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

This. We'll only see the two on the pitch together if we are behind, or so far in front that we do it for fun.......or some kind of emergency. I dont expect any change in the way we play.  Although having said all that, I know Idah can play on the left or right of a front three too, so , possibilities.

Wcorko, you’ve been predicting great things for Adam for a while-are you surprised it took so long for him to be given a chance in the first team?

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Wcorko, you’ve been predicting great things for Adam for a while-are you surprised it took so long for him to be given a chance in the first team?

so long??? He's 18!! (And he did start for the first team at Crawley earlier this season). 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

so long??? He's 18!! (And he did start for the first team at Crawley earlier this season). 

I didn't know that he started at Crawley but I did know that he is 18-in fact he is the same age as Max was last year, and Max had established himself as the first choice right back by this time last season.

I'm not suggesting that he starts instead of Pukki when fit, but if we want continuity in the playing style when making subs, It just seems that he is a much better fit in the way that we play than Drmic or Srbeny. And yes, I know it was only Preston and they made 9 changes-although 7 of their first XI have been regular players this season-but on yesterday's performance he has the pace and skill to scare Premiership players, and he is good in the air too.

Anyway, I would be interested to know what Wcorckcanary thinks as he has followed his progress for a while.

5 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

No, not really, DF seems a cautious guy, he mentioned that at Crawley,  Idah was a long way from premier league football, he may still think that and his 2 min cameo and start in the fa cup may have been forced on DF earlier than he wished.with drmic and srbeny being injured. An eighteen year old  being asked to fill in for Pukki takes a lot of faith in that kid, or maybe he feels that given the circumstances he might as well let him run with the ball , no pressure. It paid off nicely yesterday, Man U will be a different challenge to Preston with eight changes.

Bottom line is, I trust Farke to make the right call on when and how he's used, great to see him breaking through though as in all my years in youth footy, he was the most exciting forward that I clapped eyes on, then in the next year group there's Troy Parrot, who is potentiality better imo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about Idah and his prospects. However, to say he's 'too good to be left out' is kind of premature seeing as though he hasn't yet tested himself, fully, against Prem defences.

But to witness this kid's natural finishing ability and movement is a wonderful thing and I'm really looking forward to see how he progresses.

HThats about the size of it Boblozo, barring the disappointing showing at  Crawley and the hattrick at Preston, Idah hasnt played senior Club football. He is definitely showing promise, I suppose we just have to wait and see if and how much he's used for the rest of this season......and judge him on that. I do know he was regarded as the best striker in his age group in Ireland, which may not say a lot really. If he becomes prolific for us, poor old jobbo will have to put up with a lot more Irish interest in our Club.

Can't see them ever starting together,  Teemu could play behind the striker no problem but 2 up top is to gun-ho particually as we sometimes look open even with just 1 up top.

Great option to start for a few games or bring Idah off the bench for the 2nd half of the season now though!

I don't think it is too extreme to think we can accommodate Adam in the team. At the moment, we are sliding toward relegation, which I don't have a problem with. Fair enough if it was tighter but looking that we need probably another 22-24 points, the only way we will get them is winning more than we lose. And that will require more goals than we are currently scoring.

I think it is worth a punt. I don't see Teemu dropping to the middle of the three as weakening the team and I don't think it will be gung ho.