Sign in to follow this  
CanaryLegend

Players Values

For me this is one of the best and most talented teams we have put together in generations. Lady Lucky has of course been against us but it’s never over until it’s over. With the transfer window open and the rumour mill starting what is people’s fair value of the below?

1. Max Aarons

2. Ben Godfrey 

3. Emi Buendia

4. Jamal Lewis

5. Teemu Pukki

6. Todd Cantwell

1. Max Aarons    40m

2. Ben Godfrey     40m

3. Emi Buendia    50m

4. Jamal Lewis    30m

5. Teemu Pukki    20m

6. Todd Cantwell  30m

£210m altogether. And if we sold all those players (which we won't) that would still leave us a team looking something like this -

Krul

Byram   Zimmermann Klose  a n other

Tettey Trybull

McLean        Vrancic      Hernandez

Idah

With a bench of McGovern, Stiepermann, Leitner, Hanley, Drmic, Srbeny, plus any other youngsters coming through and the next crop of good value gems from around the world, leaving lots of money for infrastructure, ground development and building the club up in strength. 

If we somehow manage to stay in this league, we don't have to sell any of them and their value would then increase by quite a lot.

1 hour ago, CanaryLegend said:

For me this is one of the best and most talented teams we have put together in generations. Lady Lucky has of course been against us but it’s never over until it’s over. With the transfer window open and the rumour mill starting what is people’s fair value of the below?

1. Max Aarons

2. Ben Godfrey 

3. Emi Buendia

4. Jamal Lewis

5. Teemu Pukki

6. Todd Cantwell

A very laughable £15m being quoted for Aaron’s today 

God Luck with those valuations.  You're probably looking at 50% at those prices.  Teemu £40m being a little optimistic for a 30 year.  Maybe some will attract bids from top 6 and some will go lesser lights a la Redmond for less money, when they prove their time at City were the salad days.. 

I am afraid you guys are well over valuing our Teemu. He is nearly 31 and not English. 
Personally I think we have 3 high value players, Emi as the top 6 seem to want to compete for him, Godfrey as several clubs believe he will move on and on and Cantwell as the football world is raving about him.

If we are relegated their value goes down somewhat. If we were to be offered the sums that have been mentioned with parachute payments we would be competitive for the next 6 years. 

What's pretty incredible is having players worth tens of millions in today's market. It wasn't even two years ago that we sold our two most saleable assets and thought it would be years before we saw another. Now we're talking like we have five (at least) with maybe others (Idah) in the pipeline to replace them.

They’re worth as much as any club is willing to pay.

Remember that these players will probably be part of a relegated side, so the power will be with the buyer.

32 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I am afraid you guys are well over valuing our Teemu. He is nearly 31 and not English. 
Personally I think we have 3 high value players, Emi as the top 6 seem to want to compete for him, Godfrey as several clubs believe he will move on and on and Cantwell as the football world is raving about him.

If we are relegated their value goes down somewhat. If we were to be offered the sums that have been mentioned with parachute payments we would be competitive for the next 6 years. 

Why would the value of talented, young, British players on long contracts, with a a seasons experience of the Premier League at a club that is financially stable and does not need to sell anybody go down if we are relegated?.........

3 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Why would the value of talented, young, British players on long contracts, with a a seasons experience of the Premier League at a club that is financially stable and does not need to sell anybody go down if we are relegated?.........

Because the players will be more likely to ask for a transfer, and that shifts the balance of power towards the buying club a little bit more.

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Because the players will be more likely to ask for a transfer, and that shifts the balance of power towards the buying club a little bit more.

Not at all. This is the reason that the club spent a large proportion of the money on renewing contracts. If they want to leave they will be sold but the long contract ensures it’s for a price that the club wants 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

1. Max Aarons    40m

2. Ben Godfrey     40m

3. Emi Buendia    50m

4. Jamal Lewis    30m

5. Teemu Pukki    20m

6. Todd Cantwell  30m

£210m altogether. And if we sold all those players (which we won't) that would still leave us a team looking something like this -

Krul

Byram   Zimmermann Klose  a n other

Tettey Trybull

McLean        Vrancic      Hernandez

Idah

With a bench of McGovern, Stiepermann, Leitner, Hanley, Drmic, Srbeny, plus any other youngsters coming through and the next crop of good value gems from around the world, leaving lots of money for infrastructure, ground development and building the club up in strength. 

If we somehow manage to stay in this league, we don't have to sell any of them and their value would then increase by quite a lot.

I hope we do not sell any of those mentioned because as a life long City fan, I like enjoying the best players in the yellow and green shirts.. looking at a bank balance doesn't do it for me 3pm on a Saturday. I would like to see us strengthen as supposed to weakening everyone me get promoted to the premiership.

I expect big money for anyone who leaves as they're all on long term contracts... until VAR over-rules the multi-million £ sale prices and denotes an adjusted sale price of £20 per player minus bus fare to their new club

Edited by kick it off

34 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

We lose control and the players have a relegation on their cv’s.

23 minutes ago, JF said:

Not at all. This is the reason that the club spent a large proportion of the money on renewing contracts. If they want to leave they will be sold but the long contract ensures it’s for a price that the club wants 

I disagree.

If we get relegated and Emi Buendia, for example, throws his toys out of the pram and asks for a move to a Premier League club (or a European equivalent) then our bargaining position weakens instantly, regardless of the length of his contract. It would mean that we either keep a player who doesn't want to be and won't be 100% committed, or we'd be forced to accept a slightly lower offer than what we'd ideally like because the buying club knows that realistically, we aren't going to keep a player who is sulking and doesn't want to play for us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I disagree.

If we get relegated and Emi Buendia, for example, throws his toys out of the pram and asks for a move to a Premier League club (or a European equivalent) then our bargaining position weakens instantly, regardless of the length of his contract. It would mean that we either keep a player who doesn't want to be and won't be 100% committed, or we'd be forced to accept a slightly lower offer than what we'd ideally like because the buying club knows that realistically, we aren't going to keep a player who is sulking and doesn't want to play for us.

So 47 million instead of fifty then. How bad.

22 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I expect big money for anyone who leaves as they're all on long term contracts... until VAR over-rules the multi-million £ sale prices and denotes an adjusted sale price of £20 per player minus bus fare to their new club

Don't even joke about it............ you'll give them ideas. 

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

So 47 million instead of fifty then. How bad.

Considering that the record Championship sale is currently £30m, I can't see us getting those numbers for anyone if we go down. Buendia, Aarons and Godfrey would all be around the record, but we wouldn't get anywhere near £50m.

59 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I disagree.

Whilst I think some of the prices suggested on here are a bit high in places, Webber has shown that he can still negotiate a decent fee when a player wants to leave. Alex Pritchard springs to mind.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Considering that the record Championship sale is currently £30m, I can't see us getting those numbers for anyone if we go down. Buendia, Aarons and Godfrey would all be around the record, but we wouldn't get anywhere near £50m.

Our players will have one season of PL experience behind them, are young and very sought after by the country’s biggest clubs. They are also tied down to contracts until 2024/25 also the club is financially secure. Barring any release clauses ,  If and more likely when they leave this summer it will be for the going rate that they would command

6 minutes ago, JF said:

Our players will have one season of PL experience behind them, are young and very sought after by the country’s biggest clubs. They are also tied down to contracts until 2024/25 also the club is financially secure. Barring any release clauses ,  If and more likely when they leave this summer it will be for the going rate that they would command

Whilst all the above is true, the price they command will depend on which division we're in. The value of every player drops when their team gets relegated because Premier League sides know that the player wants to move.

If relegation happens in May, which sadly looks quite probable now, 3 or 4 of the above will quite likely move to a lower-half Prem team, particularly if we continue to look competitive in most matches, a la December. Aarons, Buendia, Godfrey and possibly Cantwell all have youth, potential and now valuable experience. If the club cashes in, you could be looking at:

Aarons - 25-30m

Buendia - 30-35m

Godfrey - 25-30m

Cantwell - 20-25m

It would mean breaking up the heartbeat of the team which I'm certainly not advocating, but 100m or so would give the club a strong financial foothold to implement the philosophy, improve the scouting network, acquire new teenagers with potential, continue to improve the physical infrastructure & facilities e.g. Colney, pay more competitive wages to senior squad members/recruits etc. And this on top of the ridiculous sums the club will acquire for simply being in the Premier League this season along with parachute payments. Whatever your view about arguably meekly accepting relegation this year in the hope of trousering lots of cash to come back up again better prepared, it's hard to deny that the club will look fairly healthy financially next year without the help of any "Chinese Hinvestors!" Crucially, there should be enough in the pot to compete for lower-Prem / upper Champo quality players and promising youth. It's a risky gamble but Webber & Co have been hugely successful for the club accounts! 

Of course, we could sign the next Kante, suddenly learn how to defend set-pieces, take our chances, go on a rich vein of form and secure the 24 points or so required to skip the rebuild! Wouldn't that be something? The money could then be used to erect several statues at strategic points around the stadium!

38 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Why would anyone pay much for three members of the worst defence in the Division?

Because of where they'll be in 2/3 years time.

They are green now ... the top teams are licking their lips at the prospect of what they'll become.

Think of where Maddison is now - a few seasons back we had him loaned out to the SPL!

• Like 2