Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Adam Idah = Global Superstar

Ireland have been desperately waiting for a genuine top class talent to emerge to replace Robbie Keane. Millions of people all over the world with Irish heritage follow the Ireland team.

Idah is what they've been waiting for. 

As good as Max Aarons and Ben Godfrey are, the former in particular is handicapped by an abundance of fantastic young England right backs coming through at the same time. 

Adam Idah can be 'the main man' for Ireland, what a find! 

No point in loaning this fella to Doncaster, he should stay and get the minutes that Srbeny would have got unless we are in the market for a striker.  

We haven't had an attacking talent like this since Bellamy, forget loaning him out just let the young canary fly! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ireland have been desperately waiting for a genuine top class talent to emerge to replace Robbie Keane. Millions of people all over the world with Irish heritage follow the Ireland team.

Idah is what they've been waiting for. 

As good as Max Aarons and Ben Godfrey are, the former in particular is handicapped by an abundance of fantastic young England right backs coming through at the same time. 

Adam Idah can be 'the main man' for Ireland, what a find! 

No point in loaning this fella to Doncaster, he should stay and get the minutes that Srbeny would have got unless we are in the market for a striker.  

We haven't had an attacking talent like this since Bellamy, forget loaning him out just let the young canary fly! 

One match against Preston B team doesn't make him a superstar.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

One match against Preston B team doesn't make him a superstar.

When you see a superstar you just know. Idah is a superstar. 

Let’s not diminish the feat of a young player taking his first steps in the first team. A great run and composed finish for the first, opportunism, precision and confidence for the second, and composure again for the penalty. Let’s give credit where it is due.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Robbie Brady is the all time highest Ireland U21 goalscorer with 7 goals. 

Although that is probably due to Robbie Keane being so good that he was playing in the senior team at 17/18 and missed the U21's altogether.

Adam Idah already has 4 goals for the U21's and is only 18 years old. So unless he is swiftly promoted to the senior's like Robbie Keane, he should be comfortably smashing that record. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He has made a great start, but please don't lets go overboard, he has a long way to go.  Great start, but calling him a suoerstar is a bit premature.

Go TVB .

Oh Lakey ....... if only you were more of a positive chap ! 😉.

I absolutely insist on going overboard when an 18 year old scores a superb hatrick on his full debut . If not now , then when ! 💚💛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He has made a great start, but please don't lets go overboard, he has a long way to go.  Great start, but calling him a suoerstar is a bit premature.

I bet you are really busy on Guy Fawjes night, running  round  pi$$ing on all the fireworks  Lakeyo,  sure it was a  it OTT but not worthy of a waggy finger. Chill, there plenty of excitement  on media over here about it. If no one mentioned him youd be kn here telling us we're  not  showing him enough  appreciation.   His hattrick  today will have been a massive boost for him, Farke, the team and Coaching staff.

College Corinthians  FC,  Cork will be overjoyed  that an ex schoolboy player of theirs has scored a senior hattrick.  And will be featured  on Motd for sure .

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The all time highest goalscorer for Ireland in the youth teams has just scored a hat-trick in only his second competitive start in club football, for the team I support, against a decent Championship side.... including one goal with his left foot and one with his right foot. Sorry but I'll get as excited about that as I want. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The all time highest goalscorer for Ireland in the youth teams has just scored a hat-trick in only his second competitive start in club football, for the team I support, against a decent Championship side.... sorry but I'll get as excited about that as I want, I may even put my big Guinness hat on and start singing "come on you boys in Green". 

You may gave blocked me TvB but have a 👍anyway. 

Irish Derby County fan here. Delighted to see Idah score three today. The Irish team have been devoid of striking options for over a decade. Idah is suddenly one of a glut of under 21s with real potential. Troy Parrott at Spurs is the great hope but he's still only 17. Aaron Connolly at Brighton had a stunning debut back in October against Spurs. There's Michael Obafemi at Southampton who scored his first premier league goal against Chelsea last week as well. They are all part of the best Irish u21 team in a generation, and the Manager, Steven Kenny will be taking over from Mick McCarthy after the Euros so I think Idah and a number of others are going to get plenty of opportunities at an international level as well.

• Like 3

With a failure rate of 93% of irish lads coming to english clubs at age 16 and playing first team football in the top two divisions, you can understand the excitement over here at the current crop of youngsters.

Global superstar? Absolutely. They are already talking of little else on my tax-haven island. Well, apart from getting into oil shares and restocking the nuclear fallout shelter. That said, he has a bit of the look of a Jermaine Beckford about him.

30 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Global superstar? Absolutely. They are already talking of little else on my tax-haven island. Well, apart from getting into oil shares and restocking the nuclear fallout shelter. That said, he has a bit of the look of a Jermaine Beckford about him.

He had a decent scoring record in the FA Cup too 😄

This fella has a huge future in my opinion. It's quite rare to see someone with his finishing ability. If you watch his goals for the young Ireland team, let alone yesterday's hat trick, he appears to be ice cool at the point of shooting, and I mean by that he is rarely rushed. He has pace and power too. If you looked at say, Carlton Morris, Idah has so much better movement and acceleration.

I think, if we can keep him as a poster above has suggested, he is a very capable understudy to Teemu. Teams like Man Utd can afford to play 2 or even 3 strikers at times because of their quality in midfield. So it would be interesting to see just what kind of problems we might cause other teams playing them both but I don't expect Farke to change the whole system.

I hope Adam Idah gets a start at Old Trafford next weekend.

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I hope Adam Idah gets a start at Old Trafford next weekend

I hope Teemu is fit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I hope Teemu is fit

I would expect him to play of course but would prefer him to fully recuperate Frank (toe especially which has not cleared up) as I feel he has struggled a little in the last two games. Of course Teemu is number one. But, a confident Idah on the back of yesterday's result would still give Man Utd things to think about.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:
27 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I hope Adam Idah gets a start at Old Trafford next weekend

I hope Teemu is fit

If Teemu's toe is not healed properly, then I would rather he had two or three weeks to get it totally sorted so he can be 100% for the run in later this season.  Idah did more than enough yesterday to show that he is up to the job and should get his chance next weekend.  After all, with a midfield like ours the passes will be there for him - and a lot of Pukki's goals are because of his good movement and timing of runs.  Idah can make those runs too, as he did yesterday on more than one occasion - and he can definitely finish! 

His performance yesterday reminded me of a young Brazilian striker I followed in the mid 90's. Cristiano maybe?

Calm down people. He looked good and could become a good player, but he is neither a  superstar yet nor the worst player we've ever had, when, inevitably he doesn't score for a few games and people start overreacting in the other direction.

2 hours ago, mastoola said:

His performance yesterday reminded me of a young Brazilian striker I followed in the mid 90's. Cristiano maybe?

Which Brazilian are you reminded of?