Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Greeno

didnt do his normal "clap the fans and trot off" routine.. instead he threw his shirt into the crowd, waved at them... then slowly walked back to the center circle and didnt look back once....

Why was this done??? have we sold him??? why suddenly throw ur shirt in the crowd after a poor pefromance and bad defeat????

jas :)

Maybe he knew he`d just blown any chance  of taking part in the world cup ?   Ray Clemence was present  , I don`t think he was impressed ....

Well, i suppose it''s our last home match before the window shuts - maybe he just doesn''t know if he will be here or not.

What''s more likely though is that he will be off!

If this was the case then i think he may be off. Inb my view if ashtons statying then aselling green and using 2 million on a couple of new players would be the right decision. But if ashtron is going which is seeming more and more likely then it would be pointless.

If he goes he will be sadly missed, but he does deserve another chance in the premiership. So good luck greeno.

his whole attitude was different to normal, i havent seen him emotionally wanting to wina game for a long time - for me Greeno''s a gonner unless no-one pays the right money for him.

I saw it too, and in my opinion he''s gone. If that wasn''t a "thanks for everything, see you, I''mm off on Monday" satement I''m an Ipswich fan (and trust me, I''m not).

Bad day...Deano off, Greeno off, and playoff chances gone.

Will need a drink tonight...

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Sadly, he''s not in good form at all, and needs a rest.[/quote]

If you are just judgeing from today then I don''t agree 1 bit with that. The goals came from terrible defending and not reacting quickly when he made the saves

Green needs a change, why not, in all walks of life getting out of the comfort zone and taking on a fresh challenge would be good and if this is so then look at the way he (and Ashton) have conducted themselves as opposed to Malky ''spat my dummy but don''t you still love me'' Mackay.

I agree Xela - Green had no chance with the 2nd and 3rd while he may have done better with the first but having seen a replay of it he didnt have many options to him.  At the end of the day Greeno was the busier keeper as their players took shot after shot, primarily from their right side of the pitch.

I saw the shirt thing and just about everyone has jumped to the same conclusion - it did appear to be a goodbye gesture.

I saw this too, looks like he''s gone.

If so and he (and therefore the club) knew he was going why did he play today ?? With the best will in the world his mind can''t have been right for the game.

If he''s off I wish him all the best, he gave us some good times.

[quote user="Xela"]

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Sadly, he''s not in good form at all, and needs a rest.[/quote]

If you are just judgeing from today then I don''t agree 1 bit with that. The goals came from terrible defending and not reacting quickly when he made the saves

[/quote] Yes well said - green nearly saed us today - poor defending let us down

But where would he go? I see that Schwarze has come off the transfer list at ''Borough, so that would only leave Pompey and Everton, as far as I can see.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Green needs a change, why not, in all walks of life getting out of the comfort zone and taking on a fresh challenge would be good and if this is so then look at the way he (and Ashton) have conducted themselves as opposed to Malky ''spat my dummy but don''t you still love me'' Mackay.

[/quote]

you are an fool mate - worthy told malcky he wasnt wanted at the club and that he ought to go talk to west ham. how can you say a proffesional like mackay would not have wanted to represent us in the prem is beyond me.

i bet you are a KTFer to, you guys just cant see the opportunity worthy has wasted with his inept management since promotion - now there is no area on the pitch which has been improved since promotion that is a FAILURE. yep you guys FAILURE. we now have an average championship side... we have FAILED