Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Deepdale today - has FA cup lost it's shine?

22 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Liverpool have put out a youth/reserve side in the cup against their fierce rivals. I know they’ve had a lot of games but that’s ridiculous.

They're one nil up now!

Realistically speaking the cups are the only chance most teams have of winning silverware. Unless someone gets a Man City-style takeover, I honestly can't see anyone outside than the 'big 6' plus maybe Leicester even coming close to winning the Premier League in the next 20-30 years. If you're a mid-to-bottom half team like Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, Brighton or- dare I say it - even Norwich though, take it seriously and a cup run to the final in that time is entirely possible, especially if the bigger clubs aren't bothered. If our aim isn't to win trophies then... honestly what's the point of having a team?  Is 'Consistently one of the top 26 sides in the country' genuinely the maximum extent of the club's ambitions? Surely not... Can you honestly say you would happy with that as a fan?!!

23 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Liverpool have put out a youth/reserve side in the cup against their fierce rivals. I know they’ve had a lot of games but that’s ridiculous.

They're up 1-0...?