Canary73

Exeter City 2-1 Binners

What a week it's been for them. A draw and a loss to celebrate Lambert's contract extension

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could be playing Kings Lynn soon who are flying. 

Lambo would then be meeting his mentor, Cully.

"listen...I'm proud of this group, really proud, they left everything out there but today it wasn't to be.

We've games coming thick and fast and we go again"

(Sorry, I must stop this)

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Herman said:

The Queen sends thoughts and prayers to the people of Ipswich tonight.

Apparently from Sandringham, Norfolk as well.

Along with much merriment and laughter...…..

45 minutes ago, sonyc said:

"listen...I'm proud of this group, really proud, they left everything out there but today it wasn't to be.

Never stop!

47 minutes ago, sonyc said:

"Listen........... Exeter are a top team, top,top team". 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

PR Paul will be getting the beers in again for all  those that travelled today.

Ooof, he won't be getting much change out of a tenner.😯

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could be playing Kings Lynn soon who are flying. 

4 points ahead at the top of their league with a game in hand.

Really impressive. could be playing the likes of Notts County / Wrexham / Barnet this time next year

(Admittedly that doesn’t sound quite so good as intended, but you catch my drift)

Edited by GenerationA47

24 minutes ago, Chumino said:

Binner A: "Evans can never sell this club. Decaying Stadium, worthless players and a declining support. Absolutely no chance of a return on any investment."

Binner B: "Decaying stadium wouldn't be an issue, we don't own it."

🤣

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Chumino said:

This season's ST will be my last. It's just so dull and depressing following this club.
I've actually fallen out of love with football anyway with how the game has changed, money, VAR Prem etc, I watch very little on TV anymore, cancelled SKY and the only love for football i had left was for Town, but this has slowly ebbed away in the last few years and I think there are more enjoyable things to do in life on match days now. 

Classic. Who thinks that this poster was jumping around when Lambo beat Accrington Wednesday . or Yeovil Athletic , to go top of the third division last September? I thought Lambo had given them their club back? He wrote letters , picked a fight with our GK coach and laid on the sandwiches for the away trip to Cleethorpes! ITFC have the greatest fans in the world! Lambo said so .

I'm done with the club now in its current state. Devoid of any enjoyment. Rather watch amateur football, it's honestly not that different in standard and is top value.

Love it. They actually seem to aware of the reality. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

I started smiling as I read it, but actually it’s profoundly depressing. If you suspend the automatic dislike for the club, the picture presented is of a once-loved and once-important community asset allowed to wither and die, as the supporters’ feelings for the club do the same.

Makes you even more glad about the way our club is run eh? 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I started smiling as I read it, but actually it’s profoundly depressing. If you suspend the automatic dislike for the club, the picture presented is of a once-loved and once-important community asset allowed to wither and die, as the supporters’ feelings for the club do the same.

Makes you even more glad about the way our club is run eh? 😉

I actually have a lot of sympathy for this point of view Nuff Said. When I started watching football back in the 1970's Ipswich were actually a byword for how to do things right (much though it pained me to admit it). They had a great team on the pitch, a manager in Sir Bobby Robson who was a winner and at the same time a gentleman and owners in the Cobbold family who cared deeply about their club. (It was said at the time that the only thing the Cobbold's thought constituted a crisis was running out of white wine in the boardroom). 

Over the years they have declined from that lofty point to their present position. A shabby and incompetently run club who spent beyond their means and as a result ended up fleecing local businesses and welching on a debt to the St John's Ambulance for god's sake. On the pitch their team is useless and they have a foul mouthed confrontational manager and an owner who refused to reveal his face for the best part of a decade who made a lot of his money out of ticket touting. 

I actually feel sorry for their fans.

And yes, it makes me very glad about the way our club is run these days. 

• Like 2

It's tragic that 'everyone's 2nd favourite Club' should find itself in such decline. 🤭

Edited by splendidrush
  • Haha 1

Agent Lambert doing a cracking job and signed up for the next half decade.

The National League beckons.

On 04/01/2020 at 12:29, Thirsty Lizard said:

I actually have a lot of sympathy for this point of view Nuff Said. When I started watching football back in the 1970's Ipswich were actually a byword for how to do things right (much though it pained me to admit it). They had a great team on the pitch, a manager in Sir Bobby Robson who was a winner and at the same time a gentleman and owners in the Cobbold family who cared deeply about their club. (It was said at the time that the only thing the Cobbold's thought constituted a crisis was running out of white wine in the boardroom). 

Over the years they have declined from that lofty point to their present position. A shabby and incompetently run club who spent beyond their means and as a result ended up fleecing local businesses and welching on a debt to the St John's Ambulance for god's sake. On the pitch their team is useless and they have a foul mouthed confrontational manager and an owner who refused to reveal his face for the best part of a decade who made a lot of his money out of ticket touting. 

I actually feel sorry for their fans.

And yes, it makes me very glad about the way our club is run these days. 

If I ever won a few hundred million Dollars in the Lottery, I'd think that I'd buy them out. Become a respected supporter of their local community. A "savior" from Norfolk to match Norwich's Delia. 

Then I'd shut it all down, possibly build some low income houses or a park there and open a museum to the Ipswich glory days. Sell off the seats as souvenirs. Yeah I'd probably do that. Just saying... 

Maybe I'd buy out Colchester too and Lambert could manage both of them. 

Edited by Surfer

22 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Always merge the old blue and white 

38 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But under the cook and her cohorts we can no longer compete with them....

No we can't compete in the Premier League. 

4 minutes ago, Chumino said:

No we can't compete in the Premier League. 

No, I can assure you before we couldn't compete in the PL we couldn't compete with the binners. I don't know how we finished top and they finished bottom. Must be that lady luck. Perhaps the cook has her round for tea....

8 hours ago, Surfer said:

If I ever won a few hundred million Dollars in the Lottery, I'd think that I'd buy them out. Become a respected supporter of their local community. A "savior" from Norfolk to match Norwich's Delia. 

Then I'd shut it all down, possibly build some low income houses or a park there and open a museum to the Ipswich glory days. Sell off the seats as souvenirs. Yeah I'd probably do that. Just saying... 

You should turn it into a sewage treatment plant, minimal groundworks. 

• Haha 1