Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Preston Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Not many here at the moment. Only 90 minutes by train for me 😀

Preston only get a few so I'm sure you will out sing them. 

Players like Buendia and Pukki have done alright. I really don't see how birthplace has much of an effect.

Just my preference. Nothing sinister. Would love to a see a totally English squad. I think it does also avoid some of the problems that can occur when signing players from abroad.

27 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Wilbraham equalises for Rochdale

Watched the game and impressed with the 17 year old right back Mathieson. These are the types of players we should be taking an interest in rather than foreign born

We signed a young lad from Rochdale in the summer didn’t we? Adshead? So we obviously are keeping an eye on those types of players. 

Edited by Gordon Bennett

30 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Watched the game and impressed with the 17 year old right back Mathieson. These are the types of players we should be taking an interest in rather than foreign born

Spot on Keelan, I thought he was superb throughout the game, also created the goal for Wilbs. He'l be a hell of a player in time to come, I suspect some of the big boys will be sniffing around though.

10 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Not sure Hanley really needs a rest, to the extent we need to play Amadou out of position. Today probably would have been a game for Heise if he hadnt already left. Great to see Idah get a run

Disappointed Famewo didnt get a chance today in place of Hanley and let Amadou play in his preferred position.

36 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Adam Idah notch his first goal for the first team. 

Bump!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sonyc said:

And to add, i hope we score nice and early

And please forgive another bump!

Now for the Adam hat trick

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not sure if you're aware KG but Matheson is actually a Norwich fan - his dad comes from Norwich. All this has already been discussed on here when Matheson scored for Rochadale against Man U at Old Trafford earlier this season. 

What always surprises me about these types of games is how rarely players seem to take their opportunity. Standard practice to give frustrated fringe players a run in these games, like Leitner, yet you'd expet them to be pumped up, desperate to prove themselves running round like Bugs Bunny on steroids. But so frequenly we see them put in lacklustre performances. Could be a lack of match sharpness, but you dont need match sharpness to run yourself into the ground. 

Great to see both Idah and Stiepermann showcase themselves within the first 2 minutes

Lots of empty seats. I know we're bottom of the Premier League, but still a Premier League draw, and in terms of table their best shot at a Premier League scalp. 

You'd have thought they may have got a few more in

2-0

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not the best 25 minutes we've played. Letting them out pass a passing team like us.

2-0 up though, not too bad 🙂

29 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Well thats a start! Great pass by Stiepermann

That can’t be right, he’s useless apparently. 

5 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

That strike...

Distinctly average. Like their keeper..