Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Preston Match Thread

First penalty scored in s long while? He deserved that taking on the keeper as he did

Preston fans are pissed off at the ref for not sending their keeper off :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I can’t work out if this game is a good advert for or against VAR. one of our goals would have been ruled out abs that incident just now probably  would have been a penalty for PNE if VAR was being used so the technology advocates would probably use it to argue the benefits of VAR.

but how nice has it been seeing the game flow, being able to celebrate goals and generally not have the whole circus that comes with it!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I can’t work out if this game is a good advert for or against VAR. one of our goals would have been ruled out abs that incident just now probably  would have been a penalty for PNE if VAR was being used so the technology advocates would probably use it to argue the benefits of VAR.

but how nice has it been seeing the game flow, being able to celebrate goals and generally not have the whole circus that comes with it!

A good advert for var being used correctly, as it was intended...

the video refs pick up the obvious errors, notify the ref, he checks the pitchside monitor and so on.

Harsh on us on this occasion but at least fair

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Meanwhile in another world, Ipswich are losing to Exeter in the EFL Cup. Whatever that is 😂

59 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

BBC are calling it the EFL trophy 

Shocked and disappointed at the ignorance of football matters being displayed on this thread. Surely our supporters know that this massively important competition is correctly known as The Leasing.com Trophy?  😉😉 

• Like 1

Plucky Ipswich, just missing out against terrific competition from the top end of L2.

"The boys went to the well for me"

"We go again"

• Haha 1

Nervy last few minutes but well done lads and an excellent start for Idah👍

• Like 1

The german lads all seemed to be a little pissed off with Leitner. Quite a few occasions where it appeared they were purposely not passing to him and one moment where he fell on the ground and Stieperman walked past him so he reached his arm out to get help but Stiepi just kept walking.

I haven't been paying attention to the gossip lately so can someone tell me what's up with Leitner?

Not a great football match. We are still shocking at the back and Amadou doesn't look the answer in front of it. Some decent saves from McGovern or it could have been closer.

So pleased for Idah. Just wondering whether it would be worth trying Pukki in the middle and Idah up top. Need to do something.

And please get rid of zonal marking at set pieces.

Well that was enjoyable Seeing us win and go through and a new talent emerging although I have to say some of the defending and the errors trying to play it out from the back were dreadful. 

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Plucky Ipswich, just missing out against terrific competition from the top end of L2.

"The boys went to the well for me"

"We go again"

Water being the only draw they managed today

Fancy something a bit stronger going on the Agent’s menu tonight

I though Leitner looked to be fairly interested in the game. Controlled the ball well, took some decent attempts and congratulated Idah on his hat trick.

2 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

"Nah, I thought the boys were terrific for me"

• Like 1

Great for Idah. Good result, we did have 12th man in Ripley lol.  Thought maybe our midfield was a bit off today and TC would rip this game up. Wonder what the touchline chat with Farke was about? Mcgovern as a shot stopper but his kicking has me nervous. 10% of the crowd good effort all that went. 

2 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

The decision to extend Agent Lambert's contract by 5 years already seems to have been a strange piece of business. He had 18 months left and they could have waited until the end of the season. There was no way he was going to walk.