Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Preston Match Thread

Shame we didn't put a couple more youngsters on the bench.

Just been discussing that. Probably would have been an ideal time. In the last couple of seasons we have seen four emerge and today Idah has shown his intent. If there are more like this, I've seen the future, and it is not orange it  is Yellow.

• Like 1

Idah's second.

Their twitter page has his first as well.

Edited by Herman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Really good to see how delighted Leitner was for Idah. Hopefully theres still a chance for him here.

• Like 2

I think the likes of Gilmour and Power are the ones getting more regular game time KG (in the Dutch leagues) so not too many youngsters around the first team squad

Don't know which ones would be next in line, and understand the "get out of jail" issue, but would've been good to see some of them blooded - especially as I suspect Zimbo, Byram & Cantwell might benefit from a rest 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Really good to see how delighted Leitner was for Idah. Hopefully theres still a chance for him here.

Just noticed that myself

Should give the lad great confidence. Would be nice to see him get a hat trick nowđŸ˜€

• Like 1

Half time on the stream and showing old matches from the FA Cup. There is Pompey and 'Arry. Prime example of not how to win a trophy for a club.

9 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I think the likes of Gilmour and Power are the ones getting more regular game time KG (in the Dutch leagues) so not too many youngsters around the first team squad

Think you're getting Power and Savas Mourgos mixed up sonyc. Power is on loan at Ross County in the Scottish Premiership, but he has only made one appearance for them this season. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

Just now, Making Plans said:

Have we found our level?

Well, we've found that not our first team is a bit too strong for Preston's not first team, hope that helps whatever it is you are saying.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Think you're getting Power and Savas Mourgos mixed up sonyc. Power is on loan at Ross County in the Scottish Premiership, but he has only made one appearance for them this season. 

Yes, I am. Cheers Thirsty.

We've also learned McGovern is still nowhere near Krul! He makes me incredibly nervous

While it was to be expected (given scoreline and PNE first half performance), the trend of not coming out of the traps at HT seems to be continuing

3 minutes ago, Carn said:

We've also learned McGovern is still nowhere near Krul! He makes me incredibly nervous

3rd choice keepers are usually, well, 3rd choice for a reason.

Lee Grant isn't at the same level as David de Gea.

Exception being Rob Green at Chelsea last year.

Edited by kirku