Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

A cup run on cards

On a serious note, with relegation extremely likely, I’d love to see ya have a real go in this competition for change. Genuinely believe that if the slice of luck that’s missing in the league shows it’s face in the FA Cup, we actually have a team capable of winning this competition for the first time in years. 

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

On a serious note, with relegation extremely likely, I’d love to see ya have a real go in this competition for change. Genuinely believe that if the slice of luck that’s missing in the league shows it’s face in the FA Cup, we actually have a team capable of winning this competition for the first time in years. 

For the first  time in 118 years to be exact.

We’ve never won it

I’d love to see a cup run but given we’ve won 9 FA Cup ties since 1996 then I think “on the cards” is a bit optimistic!

34 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

For the first  time in 118 years to be exact.

We’ve never won it

I know that of course. What I meant was that I believe this is the first time we’ve had a squad capable of winning it since the early 90’s in my opinion. It’s strange that we’re cut adrift but at the same time I honestly feel that on our day, with a little slice of luck (which we’re yet to benefit from this season) this squad of players is capable of pulling a result from almost anyone.

Disclaimer: 

equally, I’m fully aware there is every chance that this post will be bumped and mocked by 5pm this evening as we crash out to lower league opposition with a whimper. I’m not saying we will do well in the cup, merely that we have a squad of player capable of it. Indeed capable of going all the way. Let’s hope for some cup cheer. It’s been a long time coming.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

Disclaimer: 

equally, I’m fully aware there is every chance that this post will be bumped and mocked by 5pm this evening as we crash out to lower league opposition with a whimper. I’m not saying we will do well in the cup, merely that we have a squad of player capable of it. Indeed capable of going all the way. Let’s hope for some cup cheer. It’s been a long time coming.

Disclaimer not necessary..................