Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

fellow fans I cried

As I left the ground today, I wept as I saw Robert Green throw his shirt into the crowd, a strangely haunted look on his face, he was cheered off, everyone seemed to know that was the last game we would be watching him in....

I cried for my Club (NOT YOUR CLUB MR WORTHINGTON, HOWEVER LONG YOU ARE GIVEN TO MESS IT UP!). When the loyal (and yes, we all are) loyal fans are willing to renew again next season after the disaster and the dross served up to us this season, we deserve better than this.

I wept for my club when the biggest cheers this afternoon were for an old hero, Malky MacKay who we (sorry Worthington in his wisdom) sold... Malky we salute you, you cared more for this club and our team than most of the headless chickens we had running around today in our precious shirt.

What has become of our club? How have we managed to sink so low? We are not going anywhere good, we are not going to make the playoffs, sadly obvious to me from the start of the season and to witness today the faces of my two kids standing behind me in the Barclay both having to admit we were total s**t. I apologised to them for inflicting this awful curse on them. But we three will be back next year because it''s not something you can give up.

It''s in the blood. Goodbye Greeno and Deano and good luck to both of you, you both deserve long careers playing good football and entertaining lots of football fans. You will both play for England one day and I hope to see that .... You won''t get that here. You need to escape. Thanks for the memories, especially to Greeno.

I hope too, to be waving goodbaye to Worthington, Livermore and Foley soon, even if we have to wait until May.

I can tell you when that happens it will be tears of joy.

Good riddance Mr Worthington, you have turned our club into a donkey sanctuary. You have to go. If you had any decency you would resign tonight.

Your passion is unquestionable Gazza but it may be worse than you fear. The dross we have bought are on good contracts for  at least the next two seasons after this.

The club is tied up in knots and the characters who made us a great side two seasons ago are slowly drifting away.

here here Gaz.. well said mate!

This club is dead, the premiership/promotion squad is nothing but a distant memory... the luck has run out fir nigel showing what a poor manager he truly is...

A bad manager with little or no tactical nous... a bad manager who wont accept that he can sometimes be in the wrong... a bad amanger who trains the quality of players, a bad manager who insults the fans and their intelligence... a bad manager who cant play the press game...

a bad manager...

Nigel is a bad manager... those that disagree are entitled too.. but he has had luck in his tenure at Norwich... and sooner or later luck runs out.. it did on Nigel 18 months ago.. the best time to of gone would of been after promotion.. go out at the top.. but of course no one here would of accepted that.... as it happens Nigel showed in the top flight how tactically naive he was....

Luck Beat manchester utd... lets not forget both WBa and palace got Draws against Arsenal after holding them and playing them at their own game... WBA stayed up because Robson wasnt afraid to mix it up when he had too.. not rely on golden boys and 4-4-2 week in week out.....

The day Norwich city died was that 6-0 defeat in may... Worthingtons empire had truly come crashing round and his "well i dont really care" attitude seen in interviews in the coming weeks after that game showed just how pasionless he is about his job.. he is getting paid.. he is Delias mate.. he knows he is safe in the job....

so he chooses to insult the fans, unsult certain players, do things his way "or the highway" criticism can often be the way to improvement.. by taking onboard whats been said and learning from it.. not being "Mr knowitall"...

We had it all last season.. a squad with players that other clubs would of been envious... we had an established International and champions league player at right back for gods sake!!!!!! someone who had played for 2 of the biggest football clubs in the world! anyone would of taken Helveg, Jonson, Ashton, even Hucks could of had his pick of the lower half of the premiership clubs...

We had the best young keeper in the country battling it out with Robsinson for the England number 1 berth, we had players who maybe werent good enough but gave a toss....

No we dont have that... we just have cloggers, everyones cast offs, and a book full of excuses and "head in thew sand" attitudes from the board who are scared of making Delia cry by sacking her mate Nigel.....

jas :)

I decree today that this is the greatest and most well written posts to grace this messageboard, you have summed up all my thoughts on the matter in a way even i couldnt have!

Gazza

Thanks for posting one of the most poignant comments on the state of things at Carrow Rd I have read for ages.

You''re not the only one who is crying either inside or in public.

Very touching but i would say every true fan is feeling the same way today,i must say i don''t know if i can renew(my wife looking over my shoulder mutters "you know you will!!!!!")for next year.

I know we have been through thick & thin times but we still used to play the football we were known for but now we are a shadow of our former selfs and it is down to the 3 stooges.

Delia if you do read these  take in what is said by fans we know some go over the top but everyone of them would die for this club alot more then can be said for the managerment and a large part of the squad,pull of your biggest deal get rid of them before we become the next Forest!!!!!!.

While these people are in charge we will wander the lower leagues for another 9 years?.

Hi  Rob, yes, of course, we are both going and looking forward to meeting up with you for that game.  Nothing the management team or board do will ever stop me watching my team. Not even, in one single weekend finally showing us just what ambition truly means.

No doubt Meeky will be in touch with you re meeting up.  OTBC

i think we all know that feeling gazza - this club is really looking down the barrel of the gun at the moment. deano''s goals have been vital to us this season, without them i think we''ll be in a relegation battle without someone to replace them!!

Oh dear. "The Club is dead", "You''ve ruined our Club", etc? A little bit hysterical isn''t it? Do you remember what it was like before Worthy took over? It was heading downhill at an accelerating rate, having begun during Mike Walker''s 2nd term. There was much more dross in the squad than now, and we were financially in a worse state. Then we made the play-offs, and won promotion. Talk about short memories. Which is not to say that we don''t need a change - just keep it in perspective please. What we don''t need is another spell of 6 managers in 8 years, or whatever it was, because that was one reason we were in the state we were pre-Worthy.

Fair point Oldboy, if Worthy brings in 3 top players, and we go on a charge for the play-offs, it will be a case of Dean who?

Would disagree with the dross comment though. There''s as much deadwood here now as there was 5 years ago