Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Pants

Season ticket renewals

Must be that time of year again. What do you think; another price freeze, inflationary increase, some away match package built? Personally I would not expect to have to pay more with relegation looking likely.

Edited by Capt. Pants

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Must be that time of year again. What do you think; another price freeze, inflationary increase, some away match package built? Personally I expect to have to pay more with relegation looking likely.

We should pay more to watch our team in the second division? Really.... We are already going to be one of the most expensive sides to watch in the championship (if we are relegated...). As well as the away scheme debacle... I feel for those with a family as it is making it increasingly more unaffordable.

This price feeeze nonsense has to end

thw club has to maximise revenue to be competitive, I would pay any extra 10-20 percent if the extra went directly into the playing budget 

33 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

We should pay more to watch our team in the second division? Really.... We are already going to be one of the most expensive sides to watch in the championship (if we are relegated...). As well as the away scheme debacle... I feel for those with a family as it is making it increasingly more unaffordable.

Ah yes the deliberate error. My six fingers were never very good typing on a phone screen.

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ah yes the deliberate error. My six fingers were never very good typing on a phone screen.

Think it's me making an error Capt. Would expect a freeze. 

At the fans forum I attended, predominantly to discuss the away ticketing system, Ben started by saying the club had to bring in £xx in revenue from whatever sources he could, with us being self funding. 

The decision was made to apply the £50 away season ticket membership, and not increase season ticket prices. However given the response to that system I personally can see an increase this year, to even things out. 

Just my personal view, but with prices being frozen for the last few years, i can't see that continuing. 

• Like 1

Relegation will bring an end of the £30 cap for away tickets in the Premier and the self imposed £30 for home tickets so it will be interesting what the club intend to do when clubs such as Sheff Wed and Leeds sting us for £40 plus which is what they did when we were last in the Championship. Surely prices will increase for home games ?

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

At the fans forum I attended, predominantly to discuss the away ticketing system, Ben started by saying the club had to bring in £xx in revenue from whatever sources he could, with us being self funding. 

The decision was made to apply the £50 away season ticket membership, and not increase season ticket prices. However given the response to that system I personally can see an increase this year, to even things out. 

Just my personal view, but with prices being frozen for the last few years, i can't see that continuing. 

The one I was at it was mentioned ( via the fans ) an extra £5 on all season tickets was better than £50 for home / away membership.

42 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Relegation will bring an end of the £30 cap for away tickets in the Premier and the self imposed £30 for home tickets so it will be interesting what the club intend to do when clubs such as Sheff Wed and Leeds sting us for £40 plus which is what they did when we where last in the Championship. Surely prices will increase for home games ?

Evening Tilly, and a happy new year to you. 

Totally agree with that too, can see that happening. 

It's a funny one, we all want our club to be able to invest, and be successful, but seem (and I include myself in this) less inclined to accept any price increases, however they come. 

In my view it's partly the fault of having a small ground so the pool of contributors (the paying fans) is smaller than other clubs. 

There’s the dilemma - how can casual ticket prices increase if we’re demoted to the Championship and the (overpriced) membership prices decrease, unless, of course, season tickets increase as the consequence?

45 minutes ago, GMF said:

There’s the dilemma - how can casual ticket prices increase if we’re demoted to the Championship...

I did find it odd we capped our limited casual tickets to £30 this season given we were more than happy to charge £40 for the same seats in the Championship (and I believe £45 for some games in the South Stand?).

With 3,000 tickets allocated to away fans, and say 22,000 season ticket holders that's almost half a million pounds we chose not to collect in gate receipts should we have opted for £40 (which would have almost certainly sold even with us at the foot of the table). Funnily enough, that amount is pretty much what we made introducing Premier memberships for away tickets...

I'd expect another freeze for next year, with maybe even tighter deadlines and higher increases for those that miss them. Basing that primarily on the fact that if I look at my Purchase History on the online ticket sales I have a line on Thursday 19 December that states 'PURCHASED' for SEASON TICKET 2020-21 at £499.50 which is interesting as I'm a direct debit renewer.

16 minutes ago, Declan said:

I did find it odd we capped our limited casual tickets to £30 this season given we were more than happy to charge £40 for the same seats in the Championship (and I believe £45 for some games in the South Stand?).

With 3,000 tickets allocated to away fans, and say 22,000 season ticket holders that's almost half a million pounds we chose not to collect in gate receipts should we have opted for £40 (which would have almost certainly sold even with us at the foot of the table). Funnily enough, that amount is pretty much what we made introducing Premier memberships for away tickets...

I'd expect another freeze for next year, with maybe even tighter deadlines and higher increases for those that miss them. Basing that primarily on the fact that if I look at my Purchase History on the online ticket sales I have a line on Thursday 19 December that states 'PURCHASED' for SEASON TICKET 2020-21 at £499.50 which is interesting as I'm a direct debit renewer.

Ben said at the meeting I attended that whilst its a premier league rule to not charge away fans more than £30 no such rule exists for home fans, however Delia and MWJ didn't want home fans paying more than away ones, hence the cap being for both sets. 

That caused a deficit as you say, that needed to made up from somewhere and hence the away ticket charge as we all know.

Ben did also say that the new away season ticket process (whatever that may be) will be announced at the same time as season tickket renewals sometime in Jan.

I recall him also say that would ensure any payment systems could run along side each other. Obviously at that point it was not known what the away ticket system would be. 

We are getting relegated. We are also told that the fact we have spent s*d all to try and stay up means that with parachute payments we will be in a very strong position next season even before you factor in player sales. Any increase in season ticket prices will be inexcusable!

for those on the direct debit my mate reckons his auto renewal has already happened? 

11 hours ago, GMF said:

There’s the dilemma - how can casual ticket prices increase if we’re demoted to the Championship and the (overpriced) membership prices decrease, unless, of course, season tickets increase as the consequence?

Because we won’t need the money as we will be loaded by champ standards.

10 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Ben said at the meeting I attended that whilst its a premier league rule to not charge away fans more than £30 no such rule exists for home fans, however Delia and MWJ didn't want home fans paying more than away ones, hence the cap being for both sets. 

That caused a deficit as you say, that needed to made up from somewhere and hence the away ticket charge as we all know.

Ben did also say that the new away season ticket process (whatever that may be) will be announced at the same time as season tickket renewals sometime in Jan.

I recall him also say that would ensure any payment systems could run along side each other. Obviously at that point it was not known what the away ticket system would be. 

10 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Good old Delia and MWJ. Very kind of them to save a few quid for a few casual fans whilst making 6,000 of their kore loyal fans pay £50 more if that’s the case.

22,000 x say £500 average = £11m. The sale of one of our starlets will dwarf season ticket revenue. A 10% increase in ST prices would have negligible impact on revenue and pee off a lot of loyal supporters who are already paying one of the highest prices lin the country. There are limitations with a self funding model and revenue from STs is one of them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Good old Delia and MWJ. Very kind of them to save a few quid for a few casual fans whilst making 6,000 of their kore loyal fans pay £50 more if that’s the case.

Well Jim, as we know from your posts, Delia has always been rotten to the core. Except what if she isn't in this case?

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well Jim, as we know from your posts, Delia has always been rotten to the core. Except what if she isn't in this case?

She’s not rotten to the core Purple, far from it. But the spin placed on the membership debacle is ridiculous. Has been done to death so not worth dwelling on. 

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

She’s not rotten to the core Purple, far from it. But the spin placed on the membership debacle is ridiculous. Has been done to death so not worth dwelling on. 

It was a play on words I couldn't resist, Jim. Not to be taken seriously.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

We are getting relegated.  

I'm going to have to bite whenever I see this kind of comment. We are not definitely getting relegated.  We're in a difficult position, but need to keep the faith. One or two good results will put us back in the mix. 

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

for those on the direct debit my mate reckons his auto renewal has already happened? 

Not for next season it hasn't.

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I can understand your disappointment. Imagine the rope you’d have if she was charging home fans more. 

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not for next season it hasn't.

Mentioned above, but photo now attached from my Purchase History...

Purchase History.jpg

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

Mentioned above, but photo now attached from my Purchase History...

Purchase History.jpg

I stand corrected but that has let the cat out of the bag before the official announcement.