Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Louis Thompson recalled

As only 14 appearances.

And Roberts goes to Middlesbrough.

Will Thompson be added to our squad or sent back out on loan ?

Unfortunately Thompson hasn't been fit enough/good enough to play regularly for Shrewsbury. I think the chances of him being added to our squad for the rest of the season are pretty slim. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Unfortunately Thompson hasn't been fit enough/good enough to play regularly for Shrewsbury. I think the chances of him being added to our squad for the rest of the season are pretty slim. 

I agree.

While he spent so much time staring at the ceiling in A&E, events passed him by. Terrible shame for a lad who showed so much promise but will probably drift downward in the leagues. Hope not.

26 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Injured again I believe. A terribly sad story.

Could weep for the lad

36 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

He's actually already in our squad, he was loaned out after we named it.

A massive shame. There was a point a couple of years ago when he broke into the first team I genuinely believed he would go on to be our defensive midfielder for years to come. Injuries have really taken their toll.

17 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's actually already in our squad, he was loaned out after we named it.

🙂 Fair point FTW.  The pedant in me has to point out however that the fact that he's already  in our squad makes me correct in stating that he's very unlikely to be added to our squad. 😉 

• Haha 1

Shame the loan didn't work out, but lets not write him off yet. Players can have resurgent careers even after such a long lay off and just because the loan didn't work out does not mean he is finished, it just means circumstances weren't there for him to play much.  The main thing is if he still believes himself that he can come back. I sincerely hope he does, because at full fitness he is the real deal.

Edited by lake district canary

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Shame the loan didn't work out, but lets not write him off yet. Players can have resurgent careers even after such a long lay off and just because the loan didn't work out does not mean he is finished, it just means circumstances weren't there for him to play much.  The main thing is if he still believes himself that he can come back. I sincerely hope he does, because at full fitness he is the real deal.

He's under contract until 2022 (with an option for an extra year), so there's no point in writing him off. What he does need, though, is a run of regular starting football. Let's get him back out on loan to another League One club and see if he can get some form back (and if he helps to derail the sc*m's promotion bid along the way, so much the better).

Real Deal? Based on which of his many performances, Leeds perhaps.  Not many to pick from.