Sign in to follow this  
JF

F.A Cup

12 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I just hope we blood some youth in there, great chance to get some valuable experience 

Also we just can't risk anymore injuries. The most brittle squad we've had for some time. Let's just get this over with and move on.

16 minutes ago, Orly said:

I presume that there aren't going to be any streams?

There will be streams as it’s a featured match

• Thanks 1

From a selfish point of view, as I’m going today, I want to see a competitive first XI, maybe resting those who need it most.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Also we just can't risk anymore injuries. The most brittle squad we've had for some time. Let's just get this over with and move on.

It is a brittle squad, but I want us to do well this season and hopefully the likes of Idah get game time 

That line up, while maybe intimidating to Preston, looks a little short. Idah has a big responsibility and I'm not sure whether that is a decent midfield for him to get chances.

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

What odds on an Idah hat trick?

I needed to bump this too

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

That line up, while maybe intimidating to Preston, looks a little short. Idah has a big responsibility and I'm not sure whether that is a decent midfield for him to get chances.

Changed your mind yet KG? 😉 

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

Hope you found out and had a few shillings on it

82/1 and no I'm afraid

On 02/01/2020 at 17:34, JF said:

Probably a unpopular opinion but I would love to see us take this competition seriously this season. In all likelihood we are going to be relegated, and with that relegation this group of talented players will be broken up. This is the most talented group of players and management we’ve had in decades so what more a fitting legacy for them than to go out and win something. I believe this squad is more than capable of doing that.
Managers, players and Premier league campaigns will come and go but if they could achieve winning this tournament their legacy will live forever at the club.

Not unpopular with me, agree with every word of that 😀

On top of that I would also say that fielding a weakened team in order to 'concentrate' on the league, although very common nowadays, is a totally flawed idea which actually often has the opposite effect - as Alex Neil found to his cost when he fielded a very weak team at home in the 3rd round of the cup and we got thrashed - that triggered a terrible run in the league which effectively relegated us from the Premier.

We should always doing our best in the cup but especially this year - given a bit of luck and no VAR we have a team that could go a long way in the Cup, maybe even win it, which would be a lot more exciting and entertaining than anything we're going to see in the Premier League.

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 1

On 02/01/2020 at 20:58, FenwayFrank said:

Not at all, all the subs play, add in players that didn’t make the bench and we could get a result. I am presuming Alex Neil will make changes too though.

On 02/01/2020 at 21:06, FenwayFrank said:

Just realised we haven’t got any other centre halves, make that about 8 changes 😁

Ahem 😁

On 02/01/2020 at 20:43, TIL 1010 said:

Have you been drinking ?

I’m having a nice glass of Merlot later to celebrate my accurate prediction 😁