Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dales Jockstrap

Player of the (half) Season

Player of the (half) Season  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your player of the (half) season?

• Krul
    • Pukki
    • Emi
    • Cantwell
    • Tettey
    • Byram
    • Lewis
    • Aarons
    • McLean
    • Godfrey
    • Zimmermann
    • Trybull

Time to reflect on a positive! 

Half-way through the season, who's been your top NCFC performers so far that look like nabbing the Barry Butler at the end of the year?

My top three:

1) Krul - I had doubts before the campaign started but he has been outstanding throughout. Proper Premiership class.

2) Pukki - Even with half a foot missing he's still giving it his all. Played every game and is on for 15-20 goals. Pukki Power!

3) Cantwell - Thought he was going to be loaned out at the start of the season to a Championship team but has took his chance so well. Is going to be inconsistent at times but it's easy to forget he only started 18 games in the Championship last year; his development this year has been amazing - 6 goals and 2 assists already.

Honorable mentions - Tettey , Emi, Byram.

Thoughts?

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

Krul by a country mile, mainly because Emi struggled at first. Suspect if Emi is still a Norwich player in February ( and providing we didn’t turn down a move he wanted ) he will win it by a country mile.

I agree with you on this one, DDJ. If it wasn't for Krul, we would all be a LOT more unhappy. Not only has he pulled off some great saves, he also has helped marshal (no pun intended) our depleted and inexperienced back four. We talk about Emi, Ben and Todd being poached- should we be worrying about Timmy too? 

But then Todd has been the surprise of the season for me, definitely a contender. Plus he gets bonus points for making Waveney look like an even bigger idiot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

But then Todd has been the surprise of the season for me, definitely a contender. Plus he gets bonus points for making Waveney look like an even bigger idiot.

Is that even possible?

Last I heard, the Wave was seen stuck in the Gunn Club toilets stroking his 'Todd The Bod Cantwell' action-man figure. He was heard sobbing while screaming, "Delia!!!!" in near complete ecstasy.

OTBC

• Like 1

Has to be Teemu. We keep forgetting how good he is & take him for granted. Irreplaceable, head & shoulders above any other striker we've got.

Given the circumstances, has to be Godfrey.... held us together despite his inexperience and lack of help in that position for most of the season, plus the amount of times his partner has been changed..... 

Cantwell, Krul, Pukki

Krul's been excellent but think Todd's improvement over last season has completely come out of the blue

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I agree with you on this one, DDJ. If it wasn't for Krul, we would all be a LOT more unhappy. Not only has he pulled off some great saves, he also has helped marshal (no pun intended) our depleted and inexperienced back four. We talk about Emi, Ben and Todd being poached- should we be worrying about Timmy too? 

Seconded.

The whole post.

• Like 1

I don't think you can underestimate Tetty's influence over the last couple of months.

McLean also has been a consistent performer.

Tettey has been superb recently. Pukki has been excellent in making the step up. Cantwell has improved considerably and is looking like a good PL player. But for me it would be Krul. He’s mainly been very solid and such a great leader. 

I feel like McLean merits some praise on this thread. He’s made a noticeable difference to us playing behind Pukki.

Only 4 in it - the first 4 on the list.

Krul has kept us in games,  although I think his performances have dipped recently,  he is a deserved leader right now.  Pukki has been inspirational and the emergence of Todd alongside Emi is a true feel good story.  Tettey deserves an honourable mention for his positional discipline & leadership skills alone. 

Edited by ZLF

Yes, also went with Krul who deserves recognition for his excellent work. Arguably one of our best ever in skill and importance, although not yet longevity

How distant our impressions of Autumn 2018 (date correct?) seem now...

16 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

What is this premiership you speak of? 

With world-class pedantry like that, I'm guessing you must be the VAR official that ruled out Pukki's goal....

OTBC

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, duke63 said:

I don't think you can underestimate Tetty's influence over the last couple of months.

Love the Tetts! Been my favourite player for many a year.

Might start a petition up to get a statue of him outside Carrow Road. Fans could touch his knees before a game to bring them good luck.

OTBC

• Haha 1

Pukki for me. If he'd have his good run of goals in latter part of first half instead of first half so that it would be freshly in memory, I think that it would have been hard to even think for anyone else.

Cantwell is very close to 2nd. His work rate combined with the fact that he has started scoring as well has been impressive.

I think Krul really shined in early matches when he had tons of saves to make, but on latter half of the season he has been quite average. Reliable for sure, but not really making game savers.

12 hours ago, hepphep said:

Pukki for me. If he'd have his good run of goals in latter part of first half instead of first half so that it would be freshly in memory, I think that it would have been hard to even think for anyone else.

Cantwell is very close to 2nd. His work rate combined with the fact that he has started scoring as well has been impressive.

I think Krul really shined in early matches when he had tons of saves to make, but on latter half of the season he has been quite average. Reliable for sure, but not really making game savers.

I'm with this guy. Krul has been hugely overrated by some Norwich fans this season. He's made some howlers that have cost us and I can see why Fahrmann is frustrated, he should've been given a proper chance. 

Pukki is the standout at this point.