Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Incoming?

Just now, BobLoz3 said:

How the hell has this thread turned into a topic about TAX??!

Well, why not? This is the Pink 'Un football forum after all.

On an entirely unrelated topic, does anyone know a forum I can go to discuss the Streatham terrorist, the Superbowl and get recommendations on good local window suppliers - all in one convenient place?

Preferably in the football section, where I would expect it to be?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Well, why not? This is the Pink 'Un football forum after all.

On an entirely unrelated topic, does anyone know a forum I can go to discuss the Streatham terrorist, the Superbowl and get recommendations on good local window suppliers - all in one convenient place?

Preferably in the football section, where I would expect it to be?

I like that we discuss other things... But tax is boring as all heck.

10 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Most defo not boring after i fell ill a couple of Years back, and being self employed , fell behind for a while.....catching up and settling with the bean counters was tough. .....very tough indeed.Done now though but the last thing it was was boring. must say that 'they' were ok to deal with, they wanted  what they were owed, naturally , but waived late fees/fines after explanation of circumstances......so i cant really complain. One of lifes two certainties.

Edited by wcorkcanary
punctuation

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Most defo not boring after i fell ill a couple of Years back, and being self employed , fell behind for a while.....catching up and settling with the bean counters was tough. .....very tough indeed.Done now though but the last thing it was was boring. must say that 'they' were ok to deal with, they wanted  what they were owed, naturally , but waived late fees/fines after explanation of circumstances......so i cant really complain. One of lifes two certainties.

What, Death and being stalked on a forum?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Sorry to hear abut that, Corky. Glad you're better, mate!

I like the tax people when they give me a rebate and only then! But to be honest, I've only ever had to do my own taxes once, after freelancing for a (very) short time, and I worked out that I didn't earn enough in that time to actually pay anything! I was below the threshold. Fun.

Tax doesn't have to be taxing and death is the other certainty. 😊

28 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

But it ought not to be, it’s about the money in your pocket/bank account and how the government spends what it takes from you.

On the former, the government seems to think it’s ok to tax those who earn the most less over time, resulting in lower income to spend on everyone. Sadly on the latter, the focus seems to be on enabling businesses, whether in this country or abroad, to make more money at the expense of those who live here.

Rant over (for now).

28 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

But it ought not to be, it’s about the money in your pocket/bank account and how the government spends what it takes from you.

On the former, the government seems to think it’s ok to tax those who earn the most less over time, resulting in lower income to spend on everyone. Sadly on the latter, the focus seems to be on enabling businesses, whether in this country or abroad, to make more money at the expense of those who live here.

Rant over (for now).

10 hours ago, Indy said:

Yes but most tax aversion is now being changed to prevent this like forming a company, paying yourself a minimum wage to cover PAYE, then taking massive dividends tax free. (Although the company was still liable for cooperation tax on profits.)

The ways to pay less tax is being curtailed by the las governments, as they were wasting millions chasing and investigating people.

I have an aversion to this thread