Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

On the ball Sitti.

50 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Don't know, but it sounds like a very 'us' signing. Just from one interview he gave last summer he aims to be someone comfortable on the ball but with a touch of aggresion.  I suppose any midfielder would say the same!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This lad looks a unit to use that old footballing saying. DM I think. Replacement for Amadou for next season. A real Farke/Webber signing. Great to have another Frenchman in the team (Libra, Louis-Jean, Andreu, Brellier!!). Welcome Melvin!

Edited by sonyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sonyc said:

This lad looks a unit to use that old footballing saying. DM I think. Replacement for Amadou for next season. A real Farke/Webber signing. Great to have another Frenchman in the team (Libra, Louis-Jean, Andreu, Brellier!!). Welcome Melvin!

Libbra was decent for us for half a season if my memory serves me correctly, but lets hope that our new boy is more successful than those last three. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2020 at 15:32, jaberry2 said:

I'd like us to look at signing Andre Gray from Watford, who is reportedly available. Always looked a threat and has been linked with Championship teams.

Just no. Saw him at Tranmere last week, awful display, and gave away a free kick by f*cking up the kick off 😳😳😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonyc said:

This lad looks a unit to use that old footballing saying. DM I think. Replacement for Amadou for next season. A real Farke/Webber signing. Great to have another Frenchman in the team (Libra, Louis-Jean, Andreu, Brellier!!). Welcome Melvin!

You forgot Anselin sonyc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You forgot Anselin sonyc.

And you both forgot Jean Yves-de-Blassis (although in fairness it's quite an easy thing to do 😐)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They must rate Sitti, four and a half year deal, going back on loan to Sochaux for the rest of the season. Will be interesting in the summer to see if he still needs another season out on loan, or is in the first team squad.

With Tettey 34 and out of contract in the summer, wonder if that's the end of Tettey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Don't know, but it sounds like a very 'us' signing. Just from one interview he gave last summer he aims to be someone comfortable on the ball but with a touch of aggresion.  I suppose any midfielder would say the same!

Does look like an ‘us’ signing. It may just be me but he also looks older than 19 going on 20. Some of the Sochaux fans (how representative I have no idea) on Twitter are not happy, and don’t want  him to darken their door by coming back on loan. One calls him a ‘stain’ and there is also one very impolite suggestion  as to what Sitti should do to himself. I guess those are compliments of a kind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Does look like an ‘us’ signing. It may just be me but he also looks older than 19 going on 20. Some of the Sochaux fans (how representative I have no idea) on Twitter are not happy, and don’t want  him to darken their door by coming back on loan. One calls him a ‘stain’ and there is also one very impolite suggestion  as to what Sitti should do to himself. I guess those are compliments of a kind...

They sound delightful fans! 😂

Usually a good sign though, if fans are upset to lose a player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Just no. Saw him at Tranmere last week, awful display, and gave away a free kick by f*cking up the kick off 😳😳😳

I dont think I'd judge a player on one display, plus he is probably a little rusty due to not starting regularly.  He's a proven goalscorer and I would imagine he'd be one of the top performers in the championship.

Edited by jaberry2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2020 at 13:03, king canary said:

I can't speak to their methods but I think this is part of statsbomb who are run by the ex Head of Analytics for Brentford so I'd have quite a bit of faith in them.

I'm not saying Krul is or has been bad, just maybe not quite as good as we've thought and not so good that it isn't worth considering other options. I don't think we've got a great deal to lose by giving Fahrmann a run at this point.

Its an interesting debate this and one I was having on another site recently. I think Krul has been much improved this season. He's cut out the errors and has generally been solid and done what's expected of him. He also clearly has an important role as a senior pro and I would entirely agree has done nothing to deserve being dropped.

However, the stats suggest (and I think looking back this fits with watching the games) that whilst he may not let in many that should be easy saves, he also does not save many that you would not expect a premier league keeper to sell and its interesting that most of the bottom half premier league teams (or those exceeding expectations) do - i.e. they have goalkeepers that at times single handedly keep them in games with a succession of outstanding saves and perhaps winning them unexpected points. Pope did so recently for Burnley v Leicester, Heaton did so against us at Villa Park I would say and Newcastle's keeper has done it all season because they are not a good side and have deserved to lose a lot of their games on the balance of play.

Certainly an interesting debate for next season if we stay up or for if we go down and then manage to go up again. Perhaps longer term we need a shot stopper capable of winning us some unexpected points and having a more experienced defence might enable us to go with such a keeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not getting Matheson then. Gone for a million to Wolves.

That’s a bloody shame . Had warmed to the boy ! 
I’m a complete sucker for Norwich fans playing for the club .

Edited by Pockthorpe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No CDM or CB. 

Doesn't matter how good we are in attack with the likes of Buendia, Duda and Pukki, defensively we're still too vulnerable at this level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think when Klose is back Godfrey should be tried as CDM. He certainly has the legs we need in that area, he can charge around and dominate that area. I still agree that we still need a CB signed but that ain't happened so whatever. We have Klose and Zim with Hanley as back up imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jarrod Bowen's wages are reportedly somewhere between 60-80k and the deal got held up as his agent didn't want a relegation wage cut clause in the contract.

Fantastic player but easy to see why we never in the sweepstakes for him at that kind of level!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Jarrod Bowen's wages are reportedly somewhere between 60-80k and the deal got held up as his agent didn't want a relegation wage cut clause in the contract.

Fantastic player but easy to see why we never in the sweepstakes for him at that kind of level!

Footballers really should have a spell in the real world; people go on about politicians being out of touch but if that figure for Bowen is right that is ridiculous (in one year he’d ‘earn’ the same as 40 MPs, to put it in context).  Somewhere along the line it is going to become unsustainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Footballers really should have a spell in the real world; people go on about politicians being out of touch but if that figure for Bowen is right that is ridiculous (in one year he’d ‘earn’ the same as 40 MPs, to put it in context).  Somewhere along the line it is going to become unsustainable.

The argument that often gets wheeled out (across all sports to be fair) is that it's a short career span and not everybody has the ability to do it. Both perfectly fair points. I have no objection to footballers being well paid but over the last 15 years or so, things have got way out of hand. 

Most sensible model is the NFL (I presume other American sports have similar).

All revenue is pooled then distributed evenly across all teams. A percentage of that revenue is for player wages and this is implemented through a salary cap and a salary floor and fixed numbers of players that have to be on each roster. EG Teams can pay whatever they want to whoever they want, but it will mean they have less money to spend on the rest of the squad. Stops teams going bust because of ludicrous wages and provides a reasonable balance of player and team control/power (not to mention keeps the league competitive as stars are distributed so you dont end up with 25 years of the same 5 or 6 teams winning everything.

It wouldn't be directly applicable to football due to different nature of league setup, but you'd think there has to be some changes that FIFA could implement to instill some level of balance in the global game instead of this free-for-all whereby you can pay to win and players just becoming highly paid mercenaries.

Edited by kick it off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That quote on his wages can't be true. Hull aren't exactly flush.

We'll never know but I figure ultimately footballers are paid a ton of wonga because one injury can completely mess their career.

I have a lot of time for players that realise it's a flash in the pan career and look to better themselves outside the game, take Mata for example, Flamini at Arsenal and his sustainable chemical company and even Bradley Johnson for us was doing a bricklaying course outside of football to future proof himself. Smart thinking. Players that think they're an island are the ones that are too shorted and too arrogant to ever settle with any club fan base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

That quote on his wages can't be true. Hull aren't exactly flush.

Not the wages he's on at Hull, the ones he's taking at West ham. He's on around 9k at Hull allegedly which to be fair, sounds about right.

https://www.hammers.news/club-news/report-claims-jarrod-bowen-is-in-line-for-41k-a-week-pay-rise-if-he-joins-west-ham/ <<< 50k was mooted yesterday, and 60-80 comes from SkySports today so somewhere in that ball park it would seem. 

WH are flush with cash (until they go down and go bust with a bit of luck)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

That quote on his wages can't be true. Hull aren't exactly flush.

We'll never know but I figure ultimately footballers are paid a ton of wonga because one injury can completely mess their career.

I have a lot of time for players that realise it's a flash in the pan career and look to better themselves outside the game, take Mata for example, Flamini at Arsenal and his sustainable chemical company and even Bradley Johnson for us was doing a bricklaying course outside of football to future proof himself. Smart thinking. Players that think they're an island are the ones that are too shorted and too arrogant to ever settle with any club fan base.

Add Zimmermann to that lot too - was doing his teacher training in Germany before we signed him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kick it off said:

Not the wages he's on at Hull, the ones he's taking at West ham. He's on around 9k at Hull allegedly which to be fair, sounds about right.

https://www.hammers.news/club-news/report-claims-jarrod-bowen-is-in-line-for-41k-a-week-pay-rise-if-he-joins-west-ham/ <<< 50k was mooted yesterday, and 60-80 comes from SkySports today so somewhere in that ball park it would seem. 

WH are flush with cash (until they go down and go bust with a bit of luck) 

Sorry I didn't know they'd signed him. I havent been paying any attention to transfers bar our own tbh. That does seem absurd. Spam are playing a dangerous game. Same with Villa. Look how much they spent to potentially finish just above the relegation zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Add Zimmermann to that lot too - was doing his teacher training in Germany before we signed him

I saw him in the city last Monday day wandering through with his gf, looked like a normal guy, a huge unit but regular dude. From what I read Dortmund were going to release him and he was going into IT before Farke took him here. I quite believe that, Zimbo does look like an IT technician who, on the side, listens to death metal but hasn't grown his hair out. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Sorry I didn't know they'd signed him. I havent been paying any attention to transfers bar our own tbh. That does seem absurd. Spam are playing a dangerous game. Same with Villa. Look how much they spent to potentially finish just above the relegation zone.

Sorry the original post wasn't clear to be fair - it assumed knowledge of the west ham transfer and without that knowledge reads entirely differently - my fault!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

I saw him in the city last Monday day wandering through with his gf, looked like a normal guy, a huge unit but regular dude. From what I read Dortmund were going to release him and he was going into IT before Farke took him here. I quite believe that, Zimbo does look like an IT technician who, on the side, listens to death metal but hasn't grown his hair out. 🙂

The towering centre-back revealed that he had considered going into teaching during interviews two years ago, after he was signed on a free transfer by his former Borussia Dortmund II boss Daniel Farke.

Now with a Premier League career set to begin - once he's fully recovered from minor knee surgery in the next couple of weeks - Zimmermann has revealed he could have ended up playing in the second tier in Denmark.

"Two years ago I was studying teaching," the German explained. "I was also in talks with a club in Denmark but they had just been relegated to the second league, so I wasn't thinking about that.

"I was thinking about staying in Germany and doing a serious job. I had played five years in the lower tiers in Germany, so I thought I should focus on my future.

"There were two options: study in Dortmund, which means my fiancée would have to pay the rent. Option two was Denmark but I had second thoughts about it. Then Farke texted me to find out if I had a new club.

 

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/zimmermann-could-have-joined-danish-side-1-6201180

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...