Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Incoming?

Hard to see Nketiah getting much game time if it looks like Drmic is back in training and Pukki should be available to play against Bournemouth. If lack of time was the reason for him coming back, we really aren't the place for him. In truth I'd rather see Idah given a go, as Im interested to see how our own youngsters can develop rather than a bigger club who will just have them back if they show promise.

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but we should all know by now that the lack of any news of CB activity means nothing. Most of our transfers have gone under the radar.

See my previous post, we're after a 23year old German International. 

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Michael Bailey has quite definitively said on Twitter the Nketiah links aren’t accurate. 

Good unlike other experts on here, I can’t see the point of blooding others youth players on per with what we have. Idah is our own player, I can see loaning an experienced striker for the relegation fight but not a youth player, sorry to have a different view.

For the record I’m not surprised we haven’t signed anyone yet, I’m pretty sure it’s 80% press speculation caused by player agents. Farke’s comments appear to be that he would rather buy permanent signings than go down the loan path.

If we do loan players I think it’ll be because we couldn’t sign the primary targets identified for this window in our budget, I’d rather go with what we have than borrow no better youngsters.

We shall see, but the likes of Duda I can see the potential to improve our chances of staying up, Nketiah I can’t.

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Michael Bailey has quite definitively said on Twitter the Nketiah links aren’t accurate. 

Interesting how The Athletic's MB says no and the EDP's 'Chief Norwich City reporter' is claiming we are in pole position (albeit by regurgitating a Bristol Post article).  Who has the better inside knowledge?

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

Because michael bailey said it, it must be true

More informed than the rest of us on here.

I asked him directly after he said it wasn't happening and he confirmed again that it wouldn't be.

Edited by BobLoz3

6 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Interesting how The Athletic's MB says no and the EDP's 'Chief Norwich City reporter' is claiming we are in pole position (albeit by regurgitating a Bristol Post article).  Who has the better inside knowledge?

My instincts would say Michael has the better inside track, but it's difficult to know for sure. I sense that the club's communications team is a very different animal from the one it was a year ago under Joe Ferrari (who was ex-Archant, of course).

11 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

More informed than the rest of us on here.

I asked him directly after he said it wasn't happening and he confirmed again that it wouldn't be.

I’d almost like it to happen for that reason alone - no one outside the club can be that sure.

I’d certainly be surprised to see us get him, he’s a decent player but it’s hard to see how he’d fit in/play more here than at Leeds.

Edited by Branston Pickle

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’d almost like it to happen for that reason alone - no one outside the club can be that sure.

I’d certainly be surprised to see us get him, he’s a decent player but it’s hard to see how he’d fit in/play more here than at Leeds.

Maybe Arsenal regard Farke and his team as a better environment for young players Bielsa’s? I could see their point of view if so.

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sure. I get it.

With regards to that last point, I mentioned it before, but an Arsenal supporting friend of mine suggests it's not about lack of game time but more about the system played by Leeds.

On 09/01/2020 at 15:14, ron obvious said:

Or Campdown Races? Good opportunities for songs there.

...or how about this one?

It seems the Duda move is pretty much nailed on - hopefully as a full international he’ll be able to slot in quickly; I don’t think the no10 role is that different in our system to any other and it seems DF has been a ‘pull’ factor. 

Hopefully we can get other roles sorted - we’ve clearly got an eye on another o/s signing with two having gone; we’ve needed a cb since before the last window closed.

21 hours ago, Indy said:

Good unlike other experts on here, I can’t see the point of blooding others youth players on per with what we have. Idah is our own player, I can see loaning an experienced striker for the relegation fight but not a youth player, sorry to have a different view.

For the record I’m not surprised we haven’t signed anyone yet, I’m pretty sure it’s 80% press speculation caused by player agents. Farke’s comments appear to be that he would rather buy permanent signings than go down the loan path.

If we do loan players I think it’ll be because we couldn’t sign the primary targets identified for this window in our budget, I’d rather go with what we have than borrow no better youngsters.

We shall see, but the likes of Duda I can see the potential to improve our chances of staying up, Nketiah I can’t.

I don't how much input Farke has into signings loan or permanent but I would guess he highlights positions that need strengthening and the scouts and Webber go away and find them. What we have seen this season is that DF hasn't taken much of a shine to the loanees; Fahrmann, Roberts and Amadou and he won't play them if they aren't good enough. Very much his own man. Remains to be seen what opportunities Duda actually gets but he's gonna have to hit the ground running for sure.

I agree about not signing a youth player on loan at this stage of the season where we are in a relegation battle. Idah has to be progressed now with the view to be becoming our no.1 striker next season.

23 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

German player incoming. Very soon.

You follow that account on Twitter too? Seems to be very in the know 

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

You follow that bennett account on Twitter too? Seems to be very in the know 

Yep. Gets everything right. Apparently its Sonny Kittel, linked with him in the past.

Just now, Darth Vadis said:

Yep. Gets everything right. Apparently its Sonny Kittel, linked with him in the past.

Nope ;o)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darth Vadis said:

But that could be wrong!

Not if it is a defensive midfielder.   Just need them to have a better impact than Drinkwater yesterday...

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Another midfielder feels like an odd choice.

Certainly does, unless it’s a ‘brick wall’-type cdm.

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

It is just another example of longer-term planning plan.* If we sign Kittel now he will be up and running and used to English football and able to take over the No.10 shirt from Duda when he leaves in the summer after we've been relegated...

*Alternatively there is not a chance  we would sign Kittel now we have Duda, so the rumour is wrong.

Edited by PurpleCanary

We were after Robin Koch, apparently, (that's the 23 year old German player referred to above) but he's a CB and they've said it won't be one of those...

Intriguing! I kind of like how our transfer dealings go under the radar though, must admit.

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not for me Kingo, I think that’s where we really lack quality, the defence is often chastised for letting in too many goals, by the reality a lot of goals are because of losing the ball in midfield, not picking up the runners or just not helping out the defence.

Tettey has been our outstanding midfielder the others in patches here and there, but generally pretty damn poor. So Steipermann replaced and I can see at least one or two loan central / defensive midfielders coming in.....just my view.

• Like 1

No problem with another attacking midfielder. 

Apart from Buendia, who is only good enough half the time, we don't have a single attacking midifelder who looks comfortable at the top table.