Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Incoming?

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Definite upgrade. If he's willing to come to a team which looks like it'll be in the Championship next season is more the question. However, having not played as well this season I can't see another Prem team going for him.

PD saying any deal would be a loan, so that solves that issue. He certainly looks the part, and an upgrade on Stiepermann from a first review of the clips is my takeaway. Fingers crossed he comes in, a positive addition. 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Can I be the first to call him zippedee

Or Campdown Races? Good opportunities for songs there.

• Haha 1

Well you wouldn’t aim to sign a downgrade would you? But point taken, if he signs, we will get to find out. But he does seem to have the physical characteristics to be a threat in the air as well as on the ground and that’s very good. 

Yeah, plus Kenny seems to be growing into the PL pretty well, I think he’s one of those players who has probably done better than many of us would have expected. Hopefully there’s more to come.

• Like 1

Yes it has suited Kenny moving forward - I wonder if this guys also plays DM too?  🙂 

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

People very quick to say he’s an upgrade on McLean. Perhaps a little premature?

Not really, full Slovakian international playing in the top flight German team. I hope he’s an upgrade Orr there’s little point loaning him in. I’m a little surprised we’re loaning players given Farkes recent comments.

We shall see what type of player he is and how much he can improve us.

Can't win, can we - "we must sign someone, anyone!".  Then when someone does sign its only on loan. Oh, and he hasn't signed yet!

Sounds very promising to me - competition / an upgrade on MacLean and Stiepermann and a current international footballer.

7 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Can't win, can we - "we must sign someone, anyone!".  Then when someone does sign its only on loan. Oh, and he hasn't signed yet!

Sounds very promising to me - competition / an upgrade on MacLean and Stiepermann and a current international footballer.

I’m at a loss, who’s said “it’s only a loan” moaning about it? There’s only positive comments on Duda! 

I have been on edge all week willing City to sign a player.A centre half or a centre forward but I am disappointed that its yet another midfield player.He may be an international with good credentials but I would not have put another midfielder as my priority.

If he signs I hope he is on the bench at Old Trafford and we throw him in at the deep end for 20 mins! The dream is that he helps make the difference between draws and wins, we stay up, sign him, keep the kids or most of them, and push on next year with our talented squad of players! The young Ajax CB would be a great bit of business too by the sounds of things, fingers crossed!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I have been on edge all week willing City to sign a player.A centre half or a centre forward but I am disappointed that its yet another midfield player.He may be an international with good credentials but I would not have put another midfielder as my priority.

Yeah definitely. I'm utterly convinced by this simplistic argument that implies that it is not possible to work on more than one deal at once. Just because this one was easier to conclude than other deals that may be in the pipeline definitely means it was top priority...

Great news is now this is concluded, Webber can finally start to look at other players, which he definitely hasn't been doing thus far as he is only capable of working on a solitary deal in a vacuum.

Great post.

😐

• Like 4

Sounds a good move, time will tell. Some of the Slovaks like to get stuck in so might give us a bit of steel in MF too. Will be interesting to see where he sits in the pecking order, someone will be disappointed.

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Yeah definitely. I'm utterly convinced by this simplistic argument that implies that it is not possible to work on more than one deal at once. Just because this one was easier to conclude than other deals that may be in the pipeline definitely means it was top priority...

Great news is now this is concluded, Webber can finally start to look at other players, which he definitely hasn't been doing thus far as he is only capable of working on a solitary deal in a vacuum.

Great post.

😐

As stated on the other Srbeny off thread I think this fella is an upgrade for the squad

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

As stated on the other Srbeny off thread I think this fella is an upgrade for the squad

Yeah me too.... but obviously this deal has meant Webber has not been able to do anything else. In the rare moments where he hasn't been on the phone with Duda's agent (which sources reliably inform me has been at least 12 hours daily for 6 months), he has been sat twiddling his thumbs doing nothing. Now he can finally start working on a new CB and striker, which he definitely can't possibly have been doing until this point.

• Like 3

Seems a positive move. Still a bit concerned with going for a loan deal as it looks like it won't be much help unless we somehow perform miracles and stay up unless he fancies the championship... you never know though.

39 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Yeah me too.... but obviously this deal has meant Webber has not been able to do anything else. In the rare moments where he hasn't been on the phone with Duda's agent (which sources reliably inform me has been at least 12 hours daily for 6 months), he has been sat twiddling his thumbs doing nothing. Now he can finally start working on a new CB and striker, which he definitely can't possibly have been doing until this point.

Somehow I done trust your sources.He has only just fallen out of favour with Klinsman and while he was in favour I very much doubt that Webber would even consider him even though I have no doubt he was aware of him.The fact that he is now out of favour and hoping to move on has alerted Webber.

I may be a little naive but 12hours daily please tell me thats a joke

Edited by Grumpy

54 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Hmm...

Is Bailey wrong or have we all gone too early?

People are a bit ahead of themselves from what I’ve seen/read on this very site - the Berlin sporting director (presumably a Webber equivalent) said he’s with them in USA and suggested he will come on their return - which is probably early next week?  (It does mean Bailey is wrong as we know he’s definitely not in Germany!)

Edited by Branston Pickle

6 hours ago, Diane said:

Bethnal, who left here, is worth following on twitter, always posts some interesting stuff in the transfer window

Thought he’d been quiet! Any idea why he left?

18 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Can't help thinking Duda is a long term replacement for Emi

Well, if he is then it's good that it's done early.  No point waiting  until he's  gone to try replacing him.

57 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's been reported on twitter that the loan deal is 6 months only with no option to buy. I don't think he's a long term anything.

https://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/hertha-bsc-ondrej-duda-flieht-vor-trainer-juergen-klinsmann-67203136,view=amp.bildMobile.html?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Terminally Yellow

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Totally different types of player.

Isn't Duda more like a 10? Competition for that position behind Pukki, which Emi doesn't play in.

Having said that, it's likely Emi will attract a lot of interest and we'll probably find it difficult to keep hold of him regardless.

Nketiah the latest one linked.

Would be pretty pleased with that.

Think he could also play in the 'three' at the front (so, Cantwell/Buendia positions and not just necessarily through the middle)